Orkurion detachment

40k your thing? Rules queries, rumours and general discussions, post here!

Moderator: bluffreggie

Jamesg

Orkurion detachment

Postby Jamesg » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:23 am

I think I'm pretty underwhelmed by this... Disappointed there aren't more buffs to get orks back in the game. Thoughts? Will give it a go but feels like It would have to be a big game (2000 points) to get the things you want in... The biggest buff by far is this:

Council of waaargh with ghaz as your warlord means you can waaargh every turn to give army wide fearless and run + charge. But it only lasts while ghaz is on the table... And you can bet what target number 1 will be!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... DE#8469316
bluffreggie
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Orkurion detachment

Postby bluffreggie » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:52 pm

It's worth trying them out to see how they play but it's the same with the wolves you need.to play big games, which I love anyway!!
Jamesg

Postby Jamesg » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:08 pm

No free trukks though!!
Josh
Committee Member
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Josh » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:27 pm

No free stuff but being able to run and charge every turn seems good, the sub formations must have their own bonuses too?

Can gazgul join a mob of boyz? Seems like he would last a few turns that way.
Jamesg

Postby Jamesg » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:46 pm

The sub formations for the large part already exist and I can guarantee you every one is singly Un-inspiring or just pointless.

I hope that actually the auxiliary slots will have been redone too... The Chadian detachment at least Had a couple of good ones in even though the core was a lot of points.

Eg the blitz brigade - 5 battle wagons that gain scout... But you specifically may not dis-embark and charge in the first turn.

The goff kill mob looks fun but I'd have to buy a gorkanaught. These things are expensive to buy and they are not super heavy so just die too easily for 200 points plus... But it does look a fun detachment to play... But sadly not competitive.

No it appears the only way to get ghaz is to take his council of waargh which stipulates he can't leave that unit :(

Return to “Warhammer 40k”