Rumours

40k your thing? Rules queries, rumours and general discussions, post here!

Moderator: bluffreggie

Shaolin Wolf
Flag: Wales

Re: Rumours

Postby Shaolin Wolf » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Seems somewhat bitty, but I hope this means when I get my 20 year old Khorne army back there will be access to more individual rules, might make it a bit more characterful.
FIRST RANK, FIRE!
CH1LLYD0GG
Flag: Falkland Islands

Postby CH1LLYD0GG » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:13 pm

For 10 years I've wanted god specific chaos books.Looking forward to it ...... even if I expect them to balls it up lol.
Cider I up Landlord
captyn bob

Postby captyn bob » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:19 pm

Im excited, although almost certainly £30 poorer.
Shaolin Wolf

Postby Shaolin Wolf » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:41 pm

I read the next 40k Chaos thing might be a Khorne book riding on the coatails of some upcoming Fantasy Khorne releases. If so, good news for me!
FIRST RANK, FIRE!
Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:25 pm

40K BREAKING: The Adeptus Mechanicus We've Been Waiting For!
Posted by Larry Vela at 1/02/2015 78 Comments

It was only a matter of time till the reported Adeptus Mechanicus images showed up. GO GO GO!

images via Captaincitadel and Forge the Narrative

Last time around we reported that some images were doing the rounds said to be from an upcoming Adeptus Mechanicus codex. And here they are. You make the call:

Make sure you look at the details on these and compare them to the description here:

via Gary's anonymous source 12-29-2014

I have a little information for you on a new 40k Faction. Ive seen artwork of two soldiers in heavy but clunky grey body armour and helm, with one wielding an odd looking plasma pistol of sorts. The most striking thing about the image, with smoke and laser fire in the background, is the draping of the red cloth beneath the shoulder plating, and a symbol of the Adeptus Mechanicus on the main figures chest. All I will add right now is the book is 85pgs with datasheets and formations.
The new faction is in fact Ad Mech, Skitarii. As far as I know this is still a ways out, but who knows. There is only troops and elites, with vehicles. Mostly foot soldiers, guys with spider legs, and a couple tank/spider hybrids.

There is also a Dragoon which looks to be a dual kit with a rider on top of a bipedal machine. It has legs similar to the IG sentinels, but has a grafted human in the center of the machine. I am not as fluent in the background with the skitarii as I would like to comment much more.

Ooh, it's gonna be an awesome year if these come out on top of the existing Forgeworld Mechanicus range

It's like rain on your release day
It's the free rules when you've already paid
It's the good advice that they just didn't take
Who would've thought ... Space marine figures
Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Necrons have a whole new way to build an army! The Decurion. It's both opening a lot of options and restrictive at the same time, as weird as it sounds. You can use it instead of normal FoC if you want. also keep in mind that it's the usual me reading the WD super fast when I have the time so there may be mistakes:

You basically can chose a base formation that includes all of your basic units.
It must contain: - 1 Overlord (or Zandrek, Anraky, Trazyn or a Barge), 2 units of Warriors, 1 of Immortal and 1 of Tomb Blades.
You lose Objectives Secured, Overlord and all units from this formation within 12" reroll 1 to Protocols, and two fluffy but not usually useful rules: Move through Cover and Relentless (in case you really want to charge with your Warriors/Immortals after shooting =/, which is funny because even in the WD they realize it's the only use).
You can add 6 units of Warriors, 3 of Immortals, 2 Lychguards, 2 Tomb Blades if I remember correctly and 3 Monoliths.
No reroll on the Warlord table for it, probably because it's not really a normal detachment.

Once done you can add a Royal court formation: 1 Overlord (same as previously except it can be the Stormlord now), up to 3 Cryptek and up to 3 Lords.

Then, you can add up to 10 of the available formations, which are all about a theme, in any number if I've read it right, (which I'll be able to confirm later today) so you can go full Destroyer if you want for example:
- One is 1 Destroyer Lord, 3 units of Destroyer, and can add 1 unit of Heavy Destroyers (Ohhhhhhhhh, they are no longer Destroyer upgrades?).
- One allow you to add a Nightbringer Shard, Deceiver Shard, ACtan or Vault. (Ohhhhhhhh, they refer to the shards by their name!)
- One is 2 Annihilation Barge and a Doomsday Ark
- I think there is one with an Obelisk and 2 Monoliths.
- One is 1 Spyder, 1 unit of Wraiths, 1 of Scarabs
- 1 Stalker and 2 Praetorians
- 1 unit of Deathmarks (yup, just 1 if I remember right)
- 1 unit of Flayed Ones
- One is up to 4 Doom Scythes (remember folks, I go from memory so I may be messing up numbers)
And so on, I have no idea if these formations can be taken outside of the Decurion, as I didn't have enough time to read in detail. Also I'm pretty sure that there are no Night Scythes and Ghost Arks formations, thus they shall still be dedicated transports I suppose.

Also I do not expect anything else for the Necrons as the end of the WD refer for the following week to "Dance of Death".

EDIT-
Apparently Necrons are not repackaged? So the same models may have different bases depending if they come from individual boxes or the new battleforce?

Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:49 pm

A few more info after a better reading. And keep in mind I translate things so in the English version of the WD things may sound different, so please don't go berserk if after I say "Dance of Death" it's in reality Death Dance, Deadly Dance, Mortal Tango or Fatal Dubsteb in your WD.

Regarding the Decurion, I find the way it works for some of these formations not that clear. Formations are presented in boxes linked by lines. You can take 1 to 10 of the optional formations, and since there are only 9 total it's obvious you can take some more than one. But the way it's presented I'm actually wondering if you can take anything you want multiple time, or only the first three ones (which are the Destroyers, Praetorian and the Canoptek one). In a way it makes sense to not spam things like Trans Ctans or Obelisk, but in another it makes no sense to be limited to a single Deathmark unit yet spam things like Praetorians... WD, why u no clear?

Also WD refers to the Decurion itself as giving bonuses to the units composing it in addition to what the Formations do, but I never managed to find these bonuses listed anywhere.

Some precisions:
- I previously said the Canoptek formation includes 1 Spyder, but later in a pic it shows said formation with 1 UNIT of Spyders. So I don't know which page is right.
- I said the Praetorian formation included a Stalker, but actually after rereading it it's an UNIT of Stalkers.
- Heavy Destroyers are indeed their one unit now.
- Deathmarks and Flayed are indeed only 1 unit.
- Dommscythes are 2 to 4.
- Royal court MUST include at least one Lord and one Cryptek.
- Obyron can replace a Lord.
- Illuminator and Orikan can replace a Cryptek.

Regarding the CTans, WD seems to really make a difference between Shards of the Deceiver, Nightbringer, Trans CTan and the Vault. This is how their power work:
- During the shooting phase, chose an enemy unit.
- Roll a D6 or pick a card to determine the attack it suffers.
- The randomness represents the CTan basically doing whatever he wants when released on a battlefield.
- Each attack comes in 2 Flavors.
- The first one, supposedly already devastating, is used by the two shards and the Trans CTan.
- The second one, that appears to be the powerful Apocalypse effect, is for the Vault.

Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Re: Necron Rumours Mk.II
well, what do you say?

vi an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Note that the datacards include a deck of the c'tan powers so you can shuffle those and draw a card instead of rolling.
All powers are 24" except the Tesseract Vault which has a range of 48". Tesseract Vault powers are are the same strength and ap, but longer ranged and other changes noted below.
1. Powers of the C'tan
Antimatter Meteor -S8 AP3 lg blast
-Tesseract Vault Apoc Blast
2. Cosmic Fire - S6 AP4 lg blast ignores cover
-Tesseract Vault Apoc blast ignores cover
3. Seismic Assault - S6 AP4 assault 10 strikedown
-Tesseract Vault Assault 20 strikedown
4. Sky of Falling Stars - S7 AP4 assault 3 lg blast barrage
-Tesseract Vault assault 6 apoc barrage
5. Time's Arrow - SD AP1 precision shot
-Tesseract Vault assault 2 precision shots
6. Transdimensional Thunderbolt -S9 AP1 Tesla
-Tesseract Vault assault 2 Tesla
*Tesla: When firing this weapon a to hit roll of 6 causes 2 extra hits. Snap shots dont do extra hits.

Dead Metal
Flag: Korea North

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:37 pm

Happy enough with most of this, c'tan is pretty much unusable in a competitive format though, although no real change there.
"The church is near, but the road is icy. The tavern is far away, but I shall walk carefully."
Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: Necron Rumours Mk.II
Canoptek Wraiths - 120 points (unit of 3)

WS4 BS4 S6 T5 W2 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+

Fearless, Rending, Very Bulky

Wraith Form: Canptek Wraiths have 3+ Invuln. Save

Wraithflight: When moving, Canoptek Wraiths can mve over all other models and terrain as if they were open ground. However, they cannot end their move on top of other models and can only end their move on top of impassable terrain if it is possible to actually place the models on top of it.

May include up to three additional Canoptek Wraiths (40 points per model)

Any model may take one of the following:

Whip Coils - 3 pts per model
Particle caster - 5pts per model
Transdimensional beamer - 10pts per model

Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:07 pm

- Warscythe is AP2.

- Guantlets of Fire are now just a flamer (apparently they were OP before)

- Warriors are 10 minimum

Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:03 pm

Something for you pew pew players:

Warhammer 40,000 Summer Campaign this year:

Sororitas and Space marines are the Imperial side

Tzeentch is the focus of the antagonists with multiple new kits:

– Plastic Lord of Change

– New Tzeentch Daemon unit

– New Tzeentch CSM unit (perhaps new plastic Thousand Sons – Rubric Marines)

Look for this campaign on the far side of WFB 9th which is occurring earlier in the year.

captyn bob

Postby captyn bob » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:16 am

Tastey. I find myself not believing we'll get a reboot of an old unit. GW have realised that it means old players dont have to buy more stuff. Id guess new tzeentch units rather than rubrics .
Nekhromosis
Committee Member

Postby Nekhromosis » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:30 am

GW are going through their entire range replacing all failcast products with plastics one at a time. No reason why they wouldn't be re-sculpting the Tsons Rubric marine models/upgrade pack for a future multi-plastic release. One that allows generic Tzeentch and specific Rubric marine build options.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie And with strange aeons even death may die."
Cai
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Cai » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:55 am

As much as I like the idea of new plastic Rubric marines, I'm looking forward to new Adepta Sororitas models. It stands to reason that if Tzeentch are getting new toys, so are the Sororitas. Wishful thinking or not, it's about damn time they got some love...
Panzer Vor!
rossatdi
Flag: Tokelau

Postby rossatdi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:18 am

I would dearly love to see an updated plastic Sisters range, however, I'll believe it when I see pictures not before. I notice the rumours talk about new Thousand Sons units not Sisters ones...
Cai

Postby Cai » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Like I said, wishful thinking. :P
Panzer Vor!
Nekhromosis
Committee Member

Postby Nekhromosis » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:35 pm

It makes sense to release the various cult marines as part of a new multipart plastic kit with generic mark marines, but I'd suspect these would come in packs of 5 models as opposed to 10 models for Troops, but the latter would be cooler. And all those cult marine models are due re sculps.

But I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen rumours of new plastic chaos/cult marines so I take all rumours with a handful of salt...... whilst finger crossing the other hand behind my back! :|
"That is not dead which can eternal lie And with strange aeons even death may die."
maelzch

Postby maelzch » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:32 pm

i saw this earlier today:

from Harry:

-In No Particular Order-
Adeptus Mechanicus Codex & models (full release)
Genestealer Cult Codex & models (Harelquin sized release)
Deathwatch Codex & models (Harelquin sized release)
Horus Heresy Standalone box game, on sale for a few months, then models become part of 30k range – Mark 4 + Cataphract armors featured, as well as Contemptor
Assassins Standalone box game, on sale for a few months, then models become part of the 40k range.

Also of note:
Greater Daemons all complete
Dark Angels later in the year
Tzeentch later in the year

--even the little mention of a Genestealer cult makes me very happy! I've just started converting a bunch up!
captyn bob

Postby captyn bob » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:24 am

Plastic mark 4 would be very handy. Tho I do hope we get a khorne release (at least 40k rules for the new bloodthirsters)
Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:56 pm

via Birds in the Trees 3-22-2015

Tau Empire Release Info- New updated XV-?? battlesuit / Commander-battlesuit combo kit.
– New kit is strongly based on the current Commander suit, but not identical.
– New Kit is designed for much more dynamic assembly & posing options than the current range.
– Many new Kroot models are on ice, but may be spun off into a separate release (Codex: Kroot Mercenaries)

There was a rumour saying Khorne, AdMech, SM, Tau and "heck even Eldar" (not Harlequins) would be seen potentially this year but regardless, before the plastic 30k game arrives.

Hastings mentioned a limited edition Officio Assassinorum skirmish game being released with new plastic Assassins (which would be sold separately once the game itself sold out), Deathwatch, and Genestealer Cults, but gave no time frame on their release in relation to anything else.

Cai

Postby Cai » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:26 am

AdMech is next (I think), and I'm really looking forwards to the plastic assassins later in the year. They're gonna be F*** awesome.
Panzer Vor!
Shaolin Wolf

Postby Shaolin Wolf » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:30 am

Looking forward to getting the Khorne book on Saturday. Stripping and repainting my 2nd Ed. Khorne army in preparation...
FIRST RANK, FIRE!
wyvern_sieyes

Postby wyvern_sieyes » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:41 pm

So the rumors about Eldar getting an update, is gaining momentum.

Can no longer get the Codex on the website, along with, jet bikes.

Other rumors that seem likely are:
WraithKnight moving to Lord of War.
Serpent shield taking a nerf (is a wee bit op atm)
Avatar of Khane re-sculpt. Maybe along the lines of the Avatar on the Cauldron of blood?

Of course these are still early day rumors. But with the codex off website, this could come pretty soon.

What do you all think?
Josh
Committee Member

Postby Josh » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:47 pm

Would be big if they started superseding main dexes again. Personally I think it going to be like harlequins, a craftwork / aspect warrior mini dex.
bluffreggie

Postby bluffreggie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:09 am

I'd agree that the shield should get a nerf as well as wraithknight lord of war.
Nekhromosis
Committee Member

Postby Nekhromosis » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:46 am

Thoughts on the Skitarii?

I love the look…. the only army fraction tempting me to go Imperium. HA! who am I kidding.. Dark Mechanicus all the way! :twisted:

Could be time to get in on some Imperial Knight action me thinks!!

I…. must….resist!!

…..for the time being anyway.
Josh
Committee Member

Postby Josh » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Perfect army for allies. No hq requirement means you can take he right tool with no tax. Plus amazing models. Really hope skitari is the start of the range and we can expect a build up to a full ad mech codex over time.
Nekhromosis
Committee Member

Postby Nekhromosis » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Well they are listed on GW's faction catalogue index as Adeptus Mechanicus and not Skitarii so it would suggest expansions have already been planned.
bluffreggie

Postby bluffreggie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Some of the stuff looks cool but I still think allies waters down a codex.

Return to “Warhammer 40k”