New to Warhammer Fantasy?

The place for any general Warhammer rules queries, rumours and general discussions.
Syneri
Committee Member

New to Warhammer Fantasy?

Postby Syneri » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:38 pm

If you're new to Warhammer Fantasy, or you've have been away from the hobby for a while, then you'll probably want to start slowly to find your feet. Thankfully you've come to the right place to start off you forays into the Old World....

So, I can see the forum ... what next?

You can post up a request for a game on the Organise A Game forum (or the Tuesday night thread if you're available on that day) and get one no problem.

On the other hand those of you who are looking looking for a slower paced game to get you into the swing of things, with an understanding opponent, will find this the right place to ask.

If it's an introduction game,there wont be any table cost, but larger games will be charged accordingly (the policy of the store, Vanguard Wargaming, rather than the club)

Err, how?

Reply to this thread if you're after a more leisurely game or just want to ask questions about starting out or rekindling the hobby.

General housekeeping

For the longer-term members of the forum - please keep the clutter to a minimum unless it is directly related to a query/request.

- Jan
A.K.A. Jan (or the WHFB Rep) - The man who runs events - Contact via @Syneri on Twitter or Syneri.Azjol on Skype

toxicmog

Re: New to Warhammer Fantasy?

Postby toxicmog » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:36 am

Hi,

I wouldn't mind playing a beginner game/slower paced game.

I have only being playing my friends Skaven, and although I know off the top of my head the roll to hit, wound, break tests and so on. I am little rusty on tactics and manoeuvring over difficult terrain. Seeing as we only played flat table battles!

I plan to be going to the old duke from April 15th
Preston
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Preston » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi toxicmog, I can offer you a slow pace gain, I am brushing the rust off myself. I have a rulebook/templates stuff, and am happy to spend an afternoon on one. April weekends are a bit tricky, but could maybe do the 18th or 21st over the Easter Bank Holiday?
Painting Logs:
My Dwarfs

My Forces:
WHFB: Dwarfs/Skaven/Vampire Counts | 40k: Black Templars | Warmachine: Khador

RPG's
WHFRP 4th ED | ShadowRun 2nd/4th | RIFTS
Syneri
Committee Member

Postby Syneri » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Hey gents,

If you both organise an evening/weekend I'll pop down and give you a run through in order to get you up to speed.
A.K.A. Jan (or the WHFB Rep) - The man who runs events - Contact via @Syneri on Twitter or Syneri.Azjol on Skype

toxicmog

Postby toxicmog » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Preston wrote:Hi toxicmog, I can offer you a slow pace gain, I am brushing the rust off myself. I have a rulebook/templates stuff, and am happy to spend an afternoon on one. April weekends are a bit tricky, but could maybe do the 18th or 21st over the Easter Bank Holiday?

Preston, Sounds great, I can do 18/19 or 20th, which ever suits. Be great to go over the rules again.
My army is currently 1,500/1,600 if I field all my Hammers.
Preston

Postby Preston » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:33 am

Lets go with Friday 18th. If you PM me the pts and army you want to use, I'll bring a diff army along. (Just pts and race, not your list)

I'll prob still be using dwarfs or skaven.
Painting Logs:
My Dwarfs

My Forces:
WHFB: Dwarfs/Skaven/Vampire Counts | 40k: Black Templars | Warmachine: Khador

RPG's
WHFRP 4th ED | ShadowRun 2nd/4th | RIFTS
toxicmog

Postby toxicmog » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:31 am

Hey Preston,

What kind of time are we thinking of playing? It looks like I forgot me and the missus are hosting an easter party that Friday. So long as I get home by 7pm she is fine with that!
Otherwise I can still do all day Saturday.

Sorry, I really should pay more attention.
Mark_T

Postby Mark_T » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Anyone up for giving me an intro game on Thursday evening this week? Have only played one game this edition but getting back on board with my vamps

Thanks
RichyB

Postby RichyB » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:00 am

I'm looking for a game on an evening, perhaps next week at BIG. I have played a few games before but a slower paced game to get back into would be good,
Any takers, I can field anything up to 2400 points. PM me or email rich84b@gmail.com
Cheers!
Elias

Postby Elias » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:35 am

Hello there!

I am a new member and very keen to come back to the hobby after many years without playing. I've played four games last year so I'm kind of trainned but I need to build up my skills in battle. Anybody fancy a friendly battle to help me? The Old Duke suit me better to meet up.

Cheers and see you soon!

Elias
HistoricalGeorge

Postby HistoricalGeorge » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi Elias,

Good to see a new player. We're winding down a little bit at the moment as 9th is just around the corner but the main Fantasy night is still Tuesdays. I'm not available for a game but I'm sure someone will be. If you can pop in to BIG on Tuesday evening it'd be nice to meet you and there might be a spare game going - I know Ceri (The Masquette) is currently looking for an opponent.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy Battle”