Ding Ding - Round 1

Moderators: Syneri, Dave Fraser, HistoricalGeorge

Dave Fraser
Flag: Micronesia

Re: Ding Ding - Round 1

Postby Dave Fraser » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:10 am

tex577 wrote:Didn't know about them i thought it was just downfall comp

Ahh downfall comp plus the stuff in the main thread, ah well, you've just done yourself out a couple of league points, no big deal, sure you'll make them up elsewhen.
Rob

Postby Rob » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Sorry Dave warren and I are working on it just trying to find a time we're both not working!
Sceleris
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Sceleris » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:46 am

Empire v High Elves (Maahes/Curtis)

Finally got round to playing the round 1 game last night.

Halberdiers, xbowmen, unit of Rieksguard and a couple of warmachines v lots of seaguard with Teclis, unit of swordmasters, dragon princes, prince on dragon and frosty.

Opening turn was somewhat useless - 2 halberdiers die to a RBT, nothing dies in return and ineffective magic from both sides. Curtis lines up multiple charges on turn 2 - reavers, dragon & phoenix all fluff easy charges - dragon princes lose a couple to S&S from outriders before wiping them out and over-running behind building (out of way of HBVG :-( ). More pathetic magic from my end was followed by Prince getting shot off dragon by a cannon.

Turn 3 sees dragon charge into free company, frosty fails charge again as reavers go into xbowmen. Teclis gets dwellers off and 20 halberdiers die. Dragon takes a wound as whats left of free co. hold. Reiksguard charge into swordsmasters, who, hindered by iceshard fluff attacks, lose combat and steadfast but hold on snake-eyes. Halberdiers go into dragon and kill it.

Seaguard then flank charge knights, frostheart finally decides it wants to get into a fight with xbowmen. Knights lose combat but being stubborn hold. In my following turn HBVG wipe out dragon princes, ongoing challenge in knight combat stops whole of seaguard unit from fighting but we still lose to combat res. No problem - Ld9 on 3 dice, choosing the lowest with a re-roll. Oops. Knight get run down.

Dwellers again and two more turns of shooting see halberdiers wiped out, frosty see off xbowmen, archers with lvl4 and engineer.

Finishes roughly 2000 v 700 to the elves.

Good fun, but knight running turned it.
Warren0101

Postby Warren0101 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Finally go to play my first league game against Rob. We played our Downfall lists. I jumped on the fact he didn't have a scroll and just mindrazored through his whole army. The rest got shot. I scored 2750 and he scored 552. So 20-0. I also got the objective of kill the monster.

Look forward to my next game against Andi!
Top 25 in UK YO!!! #Masters :lol:

Lightning Strike 2015 - 7/76 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
BIG Championship 2014 5/50 EL filth!
Downfall 2014 - 4/64 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Warfare 2014 - 26/64
Stormlords 2014 - 9/62 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Vengence 2014 - 1/30 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
South Coast Brawl 2 2014 - 5/20
Munkey

Postby Munkey » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Bully :P
Yay! I'm good with Skavens again :lol:

"F*** you Nibbles" "I thought I was going to get Best in Race...then I saw your name on the list and all hope vanished"
Rob

Postby Rob » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Literally tabled by turn 3? Maybe 4 at a push lol.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy League”