Round 2

Moderators: Syneri, Dave Fraser, HistoricalGeorge

Dave Fraser
Flag: Micronesia

Round 2

Postby Dave Fraser » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:48 am

THE SCENARIO (Everyone plays with this, unless you're really forgetful and play your game without it, when I won't force you to replay!)
This scenario is similar to the Watchtower given within the Warhammer Rulebook, with the difference that there is more than one building objective.

 Each player should place their building on the centre line of the board around 18” from each table side, rolling off to see who places theirs first. Each building should therefore (dependent on the size of each building) be around 24” apart from one another.
 For gaming purposes, each building is considered to be over 24” apart meaning that this will affect spell ranges [yes I know this isn't always physically possible but I didn't write the scenario I just pinched it!]
 The player in control of the most buildings at the end of the game gains a bonus 1,000 victory points. If each player controls a building, neither side gains the bonus points.
 To control a building, a player must have a unit of at least 5 infantry, or 2 Monstrous Infantry inside at the end of the game. If the building is destroyed (tricksy skaven) then standing in the rubble still counts.
 Aside from this, the game is a normal game

Victory conditions is 20-0 system with 150vp brackets (150 diff = 11-9 etc etc)

Special objectives are still in play
Secret Missions
The following 10 Secret Missions are to be played during the League. You may only play each Secret Mission once. You must record which Secret mission you are playing and MUST advise whether you were successful, or not, in the appropriate League Results thread. Both players could indeed play exactly the same Secret Mission as each other. Hopefully it would be Secret mission number 10 for extra fun in the centre of the board!

1. Cut Off the Head and the Body Will Die - Kill the opposing General (doesn't matter how, just kill them). 3 League Points
2. Monster Hunter - Kill an enemy monster. Monsterous cavalry/infantry does not count. If it thunderstomps it's a monster, KILL IT! 3 League Points
3. Spike the Guns - Destroy an enemy war machine (all sundry things that shoot like WMs count as War Machines for this purpose, so Ironblasters, Hellcannons etc). 3 League Points
4. Capture the Flag - Kill/Capture the enemy BSB. You gotta get in there and rip the standard from his lifeless hands so shooting/magic don't count, but if you chop dead or run them down you get the points. 3 League Points
5. The Shocker - Very simple one this. Successfully complete a charge, in the rear, of an enemy unit that is already engaged to it's front. So charge them in the front and send a second unit round the back! 3 League Points
6. Burn the witch - Kill the highest level wizard in the opponents army, if there are multiple of the same level then any will do. 3 League Points
7. Destroy the Strong - Wipe out the enemies most expensive unit as appears on their army list (ignore characters). 3 League points
And now some "extra tough" missions with extra rewards!
8. ‘The Rincewind' - Your cheapest unit must fight in combat and then survive to the end of the game. If you have 2 or more units, at the same points cost, then simply clearly identify one, on your written army list. Bonus = 5 League Points
9. With me men!... Men? Ohh Shiiii... - A Lord or Hero must charge out of the safety of a unit, make it into combat ALONE and and survive the game! So if your Lord can't join a unit, think Dragon Rider/Greater Daemon/Daemon Prince, then they won't be able to do this one. Bonus = 5 League Points
10. Tactical Genius/WAAARGH! - Every unit, every model, must declare a charge at some point during the game. The charge must be legally possible but the unit doesn't have to successfully complete the charge. And yes, I am aware that things like Warmachines/Anvils of Doom/Caskets of Souls can't charge. So to have any chance of completing this mission you better not take them! So if you're opponent is a Dwarf player and it seems like he may have forgotten to bring any war machines... Please note that for this scenario, random movers, that randomly move into the enemy, count as chargers. Bonus = 5 League Points Bonus 3 league points if they all declare by turn 2.

THE FILTHERS COMP PACK
Such as it is we'll be using the Sheffield slaughter comp pack for this one, it's not very complex!
Beastmen 2,600
Bretonnia 2,600
Chaos Dwarfs 2,400
Chaos Legion 2,200 [Points limit increases to 2,600 if ONLY models from the Beastmen book or Glottkin new units are taken.]
Daemons of Chaos 2,200 [Points limit increases to 2,400 if all units have the same Mark of/Daemon of rule. To qualify, no other marks can be present and all units with an option to take the same Mark/Daemon of must do so.]
Dark Elves 2,200
Dwarfs 2,400 [Points limit increased to 2,600 if no War Machines are taken (The Anvil, Bolt Throwers and Gyrocopters/Bombers do not count as War Machines for this purpose)]
High Elves 2,400
Lizardmen 2,400
Ogre Kingdoms 2,400
Orcs and Goblins 2,400 [Points limit increased to 2,600 if army is either all Goblin (any type) or all Orcs (any type). Giants, Arachnoraks, Trolls and Warmachines are ignored for counting as either, squig unit are gobbos]
Skaven 2,400
Empire2,400
Tomb Kings 2,600
Undead Legion 2,400 [Summoned units vps count towards the game total]
None Vampire Counts 2,400 None
Warriors of Chaos 2,200 [Points limit increases to 2,400 if all units have the same Mark of/Daemon of rule. To qualify, no other marks can be present and all units with an option to take the same Mark/Daemon of must do so.]
Wood Elves 2,400 None

Special Rules:
1. Up to two characters per unit may take a ‘Look Out, Sir!’, if applicable, against damage caused by the Dreaded Thirteenth, The Dwellers Below and Final Transmutation. The owning player gets to choose if more than two characters are in a unit affected the said spells.
2. Aside from the Winds of Magic and Channeling, an army may only generate an additional 2 power and dispel dice. In addition, a maximum of 12 power dice may be used in any one phase.
3. Any models raised by the Lore of Undeath will give up their normal victory points.
4. All raised models must be represented by suitable painted models. (i.e. no counting normal cavalry as 10 Hexwraiths!) We will be strict on this. If you want to summon them, paint them and bring them!
5. Cannons, and other models that fire like them, require Line of Sight to their target. Buildings will count as impassable terrain for the purposes of stopping a shot.
6. To clarify, the God Ascendant rules will not be in force.
Dave Fraser

Re: Round 2

Postby Dave Fraser » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:50 am

The Draw (courtesy of random online draw tool that google found):
FILTHERS
Ginger Prince (Daemons/legion) vs Rossi (Dark Elves) – FAIL (dropouts)
Bueno (Chaos Legion) vs Tau John (Undead Legion) - FAIL (dropouts)
Zolas (Ogres) vs Munkey – (Ogres)
Warren101 – Elven Legion vs Tex577 (Dark Elves)
Historical George (O&G) 20-0 Rob – Elven Legion (Kill WM succeeded)

FLUFFERS
Kaseliegth (Undead Legion) vs Syneri - FAIL (MIA)
Dead Metal (Dwarfs) 20-0 Toxicmog (ogres)
Nick the vermin lord 7-19 Masquette (Undead Legion) (ARGH BONUS POINTS INCLUDED 16-4 result with 2x+3 but don't know what!)
Badrott (Brets) 12-8 Sceleris (Empire) - no missions
KolgothMountaineater (Ogres) 10-10 Blufreggie (High Elves) - missions?

Given we're coming into December and peoples time is a bit sketchier we'll broadly aim for these being done the first week in January but if it turns out everyone is struggling for games I'll revisit it.
tex577

Postby tex577 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:47 pm

whats the comp for elven legions dave?
Munkey

Postby Munkey » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Yay a Belly-off! When you wanna do this Zolas?

Andy v Warren - that's got competative written all over it!
Yay! I'm good with Skavens again :lol:

"F*** you Nibbles" "I thought I was going to get Best in Race...then I saw your name on the list and all hope vanished"
Dave Fraser

Postby Dave Fraser » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:07 pm

tex577 wrote:whats the comp for elven legions dave?

Given you could just take an all DE army I think it would have to be 2200pts. But if you take no DE it's 2400.

The funky magic system will not be in play for this event I think, so just rulebook magic not Khaine magic (unless you both want to play it).
HistoricalGeorge
Flag: Great Britain

Postby HistoricalGeorge » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi Rob, where/when is easier for you? I can do BIG or Duke but if BIG would prefer weekend.
tex577

Postby tex577 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:17 pm

so i can take a HE/WE combo filth fest and have 2400?
Dave Fraser

Postby Dave Fraser » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Yeah of course. Might as well see how dirty it can be and comp back from there rather than banning it upfront.

Sheffield is not banning anything so I'm not about to!
Zolas

Postby Zolas » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:36 pm

Munkey wrote:Yay a Belly-off! When you wanna do this Zolas?

Andy v Warren - that's got competative written all over it!

I have next week off work during the week so would be good around then. Duke is easier for me but would like to pop down BIG as I have stuff to pick up it's just getting there for me. Do you drive buddy? Maybe if I get to town could meet you there then BIG from there?

Question for you Dave I noticed in the comp pack for Sheffield that they have extra victory points bonus's. As follows:

 Reducing a unit to below 25% of its original starting strength: 50% of the units cost. This does not
apply to characters.
 For a unit fleeing at the end of the game: 50% of the unit cost.
 Breaking the enemies fortitude: 300 Victory Points
 Holding your own fortitude: 300 Victory Points

Are these going to apply?

Also is there going to be a max number of infantry or monstrous infantry allowed into a building?
The Masquette

Postby The Masquette » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:53 pm

When do you fancy it nick?
Memorable things zombies have killed:
Stegadon
tbc...
Munkey

Postby Munkey » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:12 pm

5 infantry or 2 monstrous infantry to hold the building.

Are 50% Lords a go for this one?

"F*** you Nibbles" "I thought I was going to get Best in Race...then I saw your name on the list and all hope vanished"
Zolas

Postby Zolas » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Munkey wrote:5 infantry or 2 monstrous infantry to hold the building.

Are 50% Lords a go for this one?

According to the comp pack yes ^^ 50% lords/heroes is in.

It's just the max number of models allowed in a tower I was getting at.
bluffreggie

Postby bluffreggie » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi Ross when are you free for our game?
Rob

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Don't mind George - may have to be after Downfall as I'm away this weekend and playing Warren on Tuesday, if that's ok?
HistoricalGeorge

Postby HistoricalGeorge » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Rob wrote:Don't mind George - may have to be after Downfall as I'm away this weekend and playing Warren on Tuesday, if that's ok?

Fine by me. Want to go for the Tuesday after Downfall?
Nick the Vermin Lord
Flag: Wales

Postby Nick the Vermin Lord » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:36 pm

The Masquette wrote:When do you fancy it nick?

Hey I'm playing Jan on saturday for my round 1 game I'll get back to you after that to sort it out for sometime next week
Never fight a battle if you have nothing to gain by winning
Maahes

Postby Maahes » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:22 am

Anyone know who i am meant to be be playing it was down as kolgoth but has now changed?
Dave Fraser

Postby Dave Fraser » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:22 am

Maahes wrote:Anyone know who i am meant to be be playing it was down as kolgoth but has now changed?

Not sure how it has changed, maybe I accidentally posted a in progress version if so sorry!

You vs Ian appears to have been missed off when I've pasted it, again sorry!
Dave Fraser

Postby Dave Fraser » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:04 am

Zolas wrote:
Question for you Dave I noticed in the comp pack for Sheffield that they have extra victory points bonus's. As follows:

 Reducing a unit to below 25% of its original starting strength: 50% of the units cost. This does not
apply to characters.
 For a unit fleeing at the end of the game: 50% of the unit cost.
 Breaking the enemies fortitude: 300 Victory Points
 Holding your own fortitude: 300 Victory Points

Are these going to apply?

Also is there going to be a max number of infantry or monstrous infantry allowed into a building?

Use all the sheffield pack rules, as assume scenario has been tested with them.
Maahes

Postby Maahes » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:49 pm

So Ian, When do you fancy our game?
Dead Metal
Flag: Korea North

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:53 pm

DeadMetal vs Toxicmog

20-0 to DeadMetal. Everything went right with my dice, and the ogres magic phase was essentially shut down.

Also Gutstar doesn't like a unit of Hammerers in the side.
"The church is near, but the road is icy. The tavern is far away, but I shall walk carefully."
toxicmog

Postby toxicmog » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:25 am

I confirm, thrashed by the stumpys!
A non wounding iron blaster, it was full of steak rather than cannon balls.
Kaseliegth
Flag: Christmas Island

Postby Kaseliegth » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Come on then Jan you've had enough time to get your round 1 game in. What's your plans over Christmas to get our game in
Never underestimate a cornered night goblin.

Winner of the last ever game of 7th edition Dark Elves vs Dark Elves against New Ross (Rossi)

The Tomb Kings are on the march again !!! Oh.....Wait.....Maybe Not !!!
Kaseliegth
Flag: Christmas Island

Postby Kaseliegth » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Come on Jan you running scared of a few dried bones lying in the desert.
Never underestimate a cornered night goblin.

Winner of the last ever game of 7th edition Dark Elves vs Dark Elves against New Ross (Rossi)

The Tomb Kings are on the march again !!! Oh.....Wait.....Maybe Not !!!
Nick the Vermin Lord

Postby Nick the Vermin Lord » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:04 am

Does anyone know if Jan is still alive?
Munkey

Postby Munkey » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Jan is still alive. I understand, from Corrode's comments on the Warhammer Forum on the 18th, that Jan has nearly finished writing the new comp for the Battlecult tournaments. It's just every time they're nearly done GW release another EoT book containing some new cool rules!

bluffreggie

Postby bluffreggie » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:27 pm

So after a bloody battle I managed to win by 110 points!

So close but the loss of my phoenix on the first turn to a cannon hurt, and my dragon managed to act as nothing but a redirecter when he lost his lord and was knocked down to one wound!

Magic was fickle as hell with one attempt to cast an 8 with a level 4 with three dice all which turned out to be 1's!!

Pheonix guard won it though i think with flesh to stone with throne of vines big guys couldn't shift them!

Very enjoyable and excellent game thanks Ross!

Not sure what the score ends up as I don't know how it's worked out!
Warren0101

Postby Warren0101 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Andi I've only just played my first game but when are you free for a game? I'm free next Sunday and maybe some time in between Xmas and new year but depends, not sure how busy you are over Xmas!

I won't bother using an Elven Legions list, I will just use WEs, makes things fairer.
Top 25 in UK YO!!! #Masters :lol:

Lightning Strike 2015 - 7/76 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
BIG Championship 2014 5/50 EL filth!
Downfall 2014 - 4/64 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Warfare 2014 - 26/64
Stormlords 2014 - 9/62 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Vengence 2014 - 1/30 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
South Coast Brawl 2 2014 - 5/20
Nick the Vermin Lord

Postby Nick the Vermin Lord » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:56 am

Ok Ceri I'll be back in bristol next week when can we get our game in?
KolgothMountaineater

Postby KolgothMountaineater » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:15 pm

bluffreggie wrote:So after a bloody battle I managed to win by 110 points!

So close but the loss of my phoenix on the first turn to a cannon hurt, and my dragon managed to act as nothing but a redirecter when he lost his lord and was knocked down to one wound!

Magic was fickle as hell with one attempt to cast an 8 with a level 4 with three dice all which turned out to be 1's!!

Pheonix guard won it though i think with flesh to stone with throne of vines big guys couldn't shift them!

Very enjoyable and excellent game thanks Ross!

Not sure what the score ends up as I don't know how it's worked out!

I second all that Dan has already said an incredibly close, enjoyable, and bloody game. Either one of us could have won in the last turn (Phoenix Guard are stupidly resilient!). As for secret objectives I failed to kill his BSB (stupid ward saves!! - u wouldn't see ogres using ward saves!!) ;) I can't remember what secret objective Dan went for but I don't think he achieved it either.

I look forward to a rematch in the near future Dan though I think you will have the upper hand throughout next time out (I think I used a year's worth of great dice rolls in our game!)
That rumbling's not thunder, the great maw hungers!!

I lead the mightiest ogre horde in Bristol!

WHFB armies: High Elves, Ogre Kingdoms, Lizardmen, Skaven, Nippon Empire, Dwarf Slayers, & Orcs & Goblins.
40k armies: Black Templars & Orks
Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight & Rhulic Mercenaries
Mailifaux factions: Ten Thunders & Viktorias
Necromunda: Cawdor gang

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy League”