Flames of War: UK Events Diary update

Discussions for all things World War 2 related (FOW / Bolt Action)

Moderator: Demenzia

Jamrowski
Committee Member
Flag: Christmas Island

Flames of War: UK Events Diary update

Postby Jamrowski » Tue May 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Flames of War WWII UK Events Diary

May 20th & 21st ‘Art Of War’ Late War 1625 http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx ... &afv=topic

June 17th & 18th ‘Sturm’ Mid War 100Points VERSION 4 Battlefield Hobbies Daventry. www.reluctantconscripts.com and email m.rood@ntlworld.com

June 24-25th 2017 ‘Welsh Open’ Late War 1515 points Version 4
'Firestorm Games', Cardiff. www.firestormgames.co.uk/events

July 15th & 16th 'Attack' Devizes Version 3 Early War 1550 points Official website and entries http://www.ddwg.org.uk/attack-2017-comp ... ition.html General enquiries to Robin at parkstone316@yahoo.co.uk

August 4th-6th European Team Championships

August 5th & 6th Adolf Don't Surf at Battlefield Hobbies Points and period TBC
October 28/29th ‘Battlefront UK GT’ Late War 1515 points VERSION 4, Battlefield Hobbies. www.reluctantconscripts.com and email m.rood@ntlworld.com

November 18th & 19th ‘Warfare’ Reading Version 4 Mid War contact warfarefow@gmail.com or
Version 3 Early War Contact: derrywulf@talktalk.net or forum post http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx ... &afv=topic
December 2nd & 3rd Conflict at Battlefield Hobbies Points and period TBC
Team Yankee: US / Soviet Armour
Flames of War: EW British Armour / LW US Armour
DUST Tactics: Allied / USMC
Jamrowski
Committee Member

Re: Flames of War: UK Events Diary update

Postby Jamrowski » Wed May 17, 2017 7:58 am

....interesting update for the Welsh Open:

Due to low ticket sales (Historically the event is sold out well in advance), it's now likely that the organisers will revert back to V3 for the event (clearly V4 in the context of late War is in the process of transition......)

First time I'm aware a high profile late War event has been impacted (there's been rumours that V4 entries to mid War events have been down, although I suspect this may be attributable to an absence of Eastern Front and US updates / cards......)
Lavallin
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Lavallin » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 am

That's a shame that the Welsh Open is struggling - the Firestorm team are decent guys and their site is a pretty good one (although seemed low on 15mm terrain when I was there). Although possibly another factor for the Welsh Open is that it's the same weekend as Tankfest at Bovington - I think there's a fair overlap between WW2 gamers and WW2 tank fans...

Fair point about the the current impact on v4 MW; I think we'll see a similar 'blight' when EW and LW come to be revised, unless there's a single, massive 'conversion document' to update all lists together. Otherwise, if Normandy lists become incompatible with Berlin or Bagration lists, it'll similarly fragment the player base. I'd very much hoped that v4 would have re-invigorated Flames, which I'd perceived having a bit of a drop-off in player numbers, but I'm concerned that it seems to be going the other way.

I'm currently down to go to the UK GT in October; fingers crossed by then most of the v4 teething problems will have been resolved.
Jamrowski
Committee Member

Postby Jamrowski » Wed May 17, 2017 10:57 am

Indeed - strange times....

To be honest, given the popularity of Eastern Front Mid War lists, I'm surprised BF have not released V4 cards / stats / 'something' to get those armies V4 compatible and on the table before now (as excited as I am by Red Thunder, I was surprised that it was seemingly taking precedent over Mid War resources?). A Tunisia / Italy release even would be welcome and get more armies on the table (I have HG Germans and American mid War lists 'idle' at the moment waiting on an update - I suspect I am not alone.....).

Force composition may also be having an impact; people are having to buy / paint new units due to the changes (positive ones in my opinion) aligned to the new V4 company morale rules (minimum core platoons with maximum support platoons no more).

On the plus side, whilst I personally am waiting for the dust to settle in relation to V4, I'm really enjoying Team Yankee - awesome game (in effect Flames V3.5!). It's great fun!!

Return to “World War 2”