Games at BIG?

bintykins

Games at BIG?

Postby bintykins » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm going to scope out the new gaming centre on Sunday! I can't wait - sounds good and Jan posted some photos on the twitters! Has anyone been? I'm hoping to play a game there on Sunday too if there's room! I've been playing at Wells Gaming Club, which is a fair old trek compared to the new BIG :D

How is everyone? My army is huuuge now! (Well.. not 35 points huge....yet! ;p)
Cai
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Games at BIG?

Postby Cai » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:40 pm

If you could handle some Cryx on Cryx action, I'd offer you a game, but I'm already super busy on Sunday (on account of AIRSOFT!! pew pew...).

If you're free pretty much any other time, drop me a PM, and I'll give you a game. :D

I've also recently got some infantry models (shock, horror!) for my Cryx force. I probably won't be running any pure-'Jack lists for a while. xD
Panzer Vor!
bintykins

Postby bintykins » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Wow that's interesting! I have just got a new unit too (Satyxis bitches! :D) but oh my I still love my huggsy so much! Who has evolved into a NIGHTMARE >:D I got some Ripjaws too for taking down stoopid Khador :D
Oh man, airsoft is one hell of a cool reason for being busy!
Cai

Postby Cai » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Satyxis? Pfft. Bane Thralls for me. xD I should probably evolve Captain Hugs in to Nightmare as well. Don't have £30 to buy the model, though... I'm also gonna trademark Captain Hugs, Huggsy, or any variation thereof. It was my idea first, dammit! :P

It's gonna be weird for me on Sunday. I'm going to need to employ more-than-usual trigger discipline. I'm used to running around with 9x 80 round mags for my rifle, plus three 22-ish round mags for one pistol, and another two 25-ish round mags for my other pistol (that's not a lot, considering some guys I know run around with 9x 300 round hi-caps). We're gonna be strictly limited to 100 rounds across all of our weapons on Sunday. :/ Something to do with limited ammo in a zombie apocalypse? :P
Panzer Vor!
bintykins

Postby bintykins » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Hehe I've got a unit of mechanithralls too with a brute thrall attachment! And I so want some Banes since I have Tartarus... oh dammit I just want everything! I don't even play good :p

Hah, yeh the boys kept calling him huggsy too and it has just stuck! You caaaaan't take the name off him! It's tooo perfect!

Wow have fun shooting people dude! Sounds so much fun! I didn't know they had an airsoft site near Bristol? I used to work with a loada guys up in Manchester that did it and they kept inviting me! I am such a pain wuss though! Think I'd give the game away too much!
Cai

Postby Cai » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:34 pm

I want some Brute Thralls as well, but they're difficult to get hold of. :/ I think they'd work pretty well with Deneghra. I do love my Banes. They are awesome. :D

Ask Liam, one of my Slayers has been called Captain Hugs forever. It's even on his stat card. :P

There's one in the old courts in the centre, there's one out by the Mall, and there's one by the airport. :P If you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll dig up links to their websites. ^_^
Panzer Vor!
bintykins

Postby bintykins » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 am

Hey, popped down this Sunday for a game! It was great, loads of space and everyone was so friendly :D
I well enjoyed it ^_^
Monk
Committee Member
Flag: Germany

Postby Monk » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 am

Glad to see you you and Ian had fun and was good to see you guys again :-)
My Painting - Http://thepaintingmonkey.wordpress.com
My Ramblings - https://twitter.com/MunkeyKungFu

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
bintykins

Postby bintykins » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Thanks Liam! Lovely to see your smashing self too!
I've got nowt much to do this week so I'll rough out some new bears for you :D I *think* I can remember what you were asking for? Star Wars and WWII oui? Sounds fuuuun~!
Gunna look at merch :D
Monk
Committee Member

Postby Monk » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Have I ever mentioned how awesome you are :-)

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
Errant

Postby Errant » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:45 pm

Hope this isn't too late but... some people from Bath and Birmingham will be at BIG this Saturday (1st) for some WmH if anyone wants in.
bintykins

Postby bintykins » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Aw bums, I'm away this weekend! ;_;
bintykins

Postby bintykins » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:28 am

Was it fun?!
I'm looking at the weekends left over for the next two months and there is not much time for fun, smashy war ;_;
Thinking of popping down the w/e 15th/16th ^_^ Got some dragons to train innit!
Errant

Postby Errant » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Was pretty good!

There were seven of us at the time and we got to hog the back end of the hall from 11 to 6 :3 lots of games.

If the 15/16 is your free weekend i'll try to get the rest of Pigmar down for the day again. I suspect they'll favor Saturday.
bintykins

Postby bintykins » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Pigmar is the Bath lot is it?! ^_^ Oooooh let me know!? I'll pencil it...
Errant

Postby Errant » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:46 am

Finally got them pinned down. It will be the 15th. We'll probs start from 11am till whenever.
bintykins

Postby bintykins » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:01 am

EXCELLENT! Count me and my fella in ^_^ I don't think I'll have my Legion ready but I'll try because I'm so damn excited :D What size games will you be playing? Would anyone fancy playing a noob? (I still class myself a noob!)

Yay!
Errant

Postby Errant » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Mostly 50 but 35 is fine.
Myself and a couple others are winding down after the competitive season and trying out new stuff :3

Noobs always welcome!
E-616

Postby E-616 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Hey everyone, I've been out the loop for a while but I'm able to get some Warmahordes going again :)

@Errant any idea how long you and the Pigmar peeps will be there for on Saturday? may not be able to get down as early as 11 is all.

http://www.forwardkommander.com/ quick and easy army list builder for Warmahordes :D
bintykins

Postby bintykins » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:33 pm

I reckon we'll stay as long as possible :D Gunna pack a picnic! Not sure about the Pigmar crew.
Errant

Postby Errant » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Ian, we'll probs be there until at least 6
E-616

Postby E-616 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Splendid :) will be nice to catch up with everyone and play with toy soldiers again :D

http://www.forwardkommander.com/ quick and easy army list builder for Warmahordes :D
E-616

Postby E-616 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Had a couple of great games at BIG today :D I believe there will be another get together next Sunday the 23rd, I will post times and a general idea of who's coming along when I get more info :)

bintykins

Postby bintykins » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Yes we'll be there next Sunday ^_^

I'll remember to pack my GODDAMN WARCASTER this time eh?! :p
Did you have fun? I loved watching Ryan play Legion, that guy is nails! Also, I will wear appropriate cold weather clothes next week :D
Monk
Committee Member

Postby Monk » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Glad to see people have finally crawled out of the woodwork to start playing again :D

Games currently playing
Devilshot

Postby Devilshot » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Monk wrote:Glad to see people have finally crawled out of the woodwork to start playing again :D

Yep was a really nice group of people playing here yesterday. I would strongly recommend anyone with a Warmahoards force comes down to join in the fun.
Azzabat
Flag: Canada

Postby Azzabat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:54 pm

What size games are they? Points wise.

C J = )
I know the voices aren't real ... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

C J = )
bintykins

Postby bintykins » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:14 am

Any you fancy CJ! I have a 35pt Cryx or a 20pt Legion (I think..maybe 21pts..) if you're up for it one day ^_^ But everyone else has a million of everything :D

Hey dudes, I played a tiny 'training' game of Hordes yesterday for the first time and wuuut is it just me or is it well good fun!? All that pushy, forcey rage in me finally has an outlet :D
AlWeeks

Postby AlWeeks » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:09 pm

How active is the Bristol Warmahordes community now at B.I.G. it's been a while since I've played and was wondering what the chances of finding a pick up game at B.I.G. were if I were to pop down on a Saturday afternoon/ evening. Or is there a specific night for this?
Devilshot

Postby Devilshot » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Well at the moment it is some of the local guys and gals coming out about once a week on either a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. But posting up here or on the B-I-G forums may get you a game outside of this. The other option is to give Andi a game he has a Troll Blood force that he is itching to get some use out of and will be around all weekend.

Return to “Hordes & Warmachine”