Starting in Malifaux

Hung
Flag: Hungary

Starting in Malifaux

Postby Hung » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:43 pm

Just a couple of Malifaux questions hopefully someone can answer . Does the big rulebook have details on all the factions in detail or is there seperate books for them? I bought the little rulebook and there is now mention so I was just wondering what you use for building lists?
Also , any recommedations for places to buy stuff? I usually use Element but there supply seems a bit hit a miss recently
Syneri
Committee Member

Re: Starting in Malifaux

Postby Syneri » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:53 pm

The little rulebook is basically just the rules manual, without any of the background. The big one has most of the background as well but, rather annoyingly, the full fluff is spread over the old 1st Edition books, their website and their free online newsletter. This is a bit of a pain as most of it is really good!

Building lists is a bit of an odd one, everyone seems to have their own method.

Buying stuff - Firestorm Games (Cardiff) > Element Games >>>>> Ebay. You'll usually find that if one is out of something then the other will have it, with Ebay (usually the Troll Trader) as a last resort. I find that simply walking into Firestorm will cover 90% of what you are likely to need, assuming it is available for stocking by retailers.
A.K.A. Jan (or the WHFB Rep) - The man who runs events - Contact via @Syneri on Twitter or Syneri.Azjol on Skype

Monk
Committee Member
Flag: Germany

Postby Monk » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Stock is a bit hit and miss in general at the moment with the move to plastics for M2E
My Painting - Http://thepaintingmonkey.wordpress.com
My Ramblings - https://twitter.com/MunkeyKungFu

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
Dave Fraser
Flag: Micronesia

Postby Dave Fraser » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:47 am

Hung wrote:Just a couple of Malifaux questions hopefully someone can answer . Does the big rulebook have details on all the factions in detail or is there seperate books for them? I bought the little rulebook and there is now mention so I was just wondering what you use for building lists?
Also , any recommedations for places to buy stuff? I usually use Element but there supply seems a bit hit a miss recently

If you want to borrow the big book I can lend you mine if you want to look through all the faction stuff, they didn't have the rules manual in stock when I was buying and I was too impatient to wait.

Return to “Malifaux”