War & Conquest

Moderator: Jamrowski

Flag: Falkland Islands

War & Conquest

Postby CH1LLYD0GG » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Has anyone seen this?

The core rule book is fairly cheap. Rules were built up from Warhammer ancients, but are a vast improvement. Good example of difference is leadership:

So you have your leader and he has leader ship points which represent charisma, messengers, captains etc ..... your leader uses his influence during the game by lending his leadership points to other units, but if that unit fails it test your leader loses that leadership bonus. This represents the messenger getting killed or the captain struggling to exert his influence over the unit etc. All of a sudden using your leader to help units becomes a tactical decision which can have a big influence on the game.

Light skirmishers on foot also move faster than heavy infantry on foot.

And lots more. But it does this without swamping the game with silly rules.

The game covers ancients through to Napoleonics, so you can use pretty much anything from existing collections or new projects.

If players get into Sage: Dark ages then as their collections get bigger they can move on to this game. Offers nice flexibility.
Cider I up Landlord

Re: War & Conquest

Postby Bedgar » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:58 am

I picked the book a year ago. It basically is Warhammer Ancients with a few small changes. Played it a few times and it's quite good and seems to work well for any period up until the black power era.
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Nickyc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:46 pm

I picked up a copy at the Devizes show last year and had a good chat with Rob the author, he is also the chap who wrote the warhammer historical rule sets. They seem very well written and the demo game played well that I watched, I just can't decide what period to do as there are so may that it covers.
Flag: Falkland Islands

Postby CH1LLYD0GG » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:58 pm

I seem to have a few boxes from lots of era's. Not that I'll ever finish an army at the rate I chop and change.

I have some

3rd Crusade knights
and a wife that'll kill me if I keep buying lol
Cider I up Landlord

Postby v_lazy_dragon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:07 am

I could defintiely muster a force of Early Saxons or Ancient Germans....

Return to “Historical”