vanquish = awesome

Moderator: Syneri

AlWeeks
Flag: Great Britain

Re: vanquish = awesome

Postby AlWeeks » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:21 am

Had great time, had to leave early so looking forward to finding where I placed, hopefully better than last year. Definately look to come back in 2015.
eskimo
Flag: Greenland

Postby eskimo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:49 am

Was a great weekend for sure. First Vanquish and first tourny, i feel inspired to stick with the hobby even more now. Somehow ended up with 77th instead of last. Dedicating some serious hours into painting really helped i think, as well as nailing several of the secret objectives.

I did enjoy the variance of armies on show during lunch, just unfortunately i didn't get to play them. But lucky/ unlucky for my opponent (however you look at it), they got to play a non-power armour army.
Chris M

Postby Chris M » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:30 am

Once again Vanquish didn't disappoint. Loved it!!.

Had 5 Good Games with 5 Great Oppos.

Mark - Ghost Eldar - Sneakiest win in history for me :) - Sorry Mate :)
Tris - Hungry Tyranids - Chomp chomp - Big loss for me - I just ran out of guns :( (;))
Sam - Guard - We seem to have forgotten the mission we were having way too much fun :) . Win for me (but it was way too close to call - Great game)
Shane - Dante's BA - Massive win for me. Really good game excellent oppo.
Chris - Tyranids - Desperate defence against overwhelming hungry things. Pulled a draw somehow. Brilliant. Cheers bud.

I thought the event was a massive success. (Apart from the Ninja Ham rolls... How much mustard? ;) )

I wouldn't worry too much about unpainted armies. The scores penalise those who just want to win an event and caters for the guys who just want to have fun games against quality opponents. I didn't see very many unpainted armies at all. Wrt atmosphere - it's what you make it, each adding to the overall feel. I thought it was very good indeed.

The Viet Taff will be back for Spoils :)
camstu89

Postby camstu89 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Excellent Tournament (I assume, this was my first ever large one). Afraid I was one of those with a fairly unpainted army but was hugely encouraged to see the level of skill on show, fairly inspirational for those of us relatively new. Came into this knowing my score would suffer for the lack of painting but happy just to gain some experience and get a few awesome games in. 1 win and 4 loses, I'm happy with that. Cheers again guys, looking to get in on a few more when they come up. Hopefully get a few extra army points then as well
Traffikman

Postby Traffikman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Thanks to all for organizing a great weekend. My first time at vanquish and I had a blast, looking forward to next year already. I fact already planning an army for next year. So quick question, Elysian guard army from forgeworld, could that be used?
Nekhromosis
Committee Member

Postby Nekhromosis » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Traffikman wrote:Thanks to all for organizing a great weekend. My first time at vanquish and I had a blast, looking forward to next year already. I fact already planning an army for next year. So quick question, Elysian guard army from forgeworld, could that be used?

We always review the Vanquish rules for each year to see where they can improve and where we can expand further. FW lists (40 and 30K) will be one of those areas we'll look at. Can't say for sure at this moment, but with the whole game getting unified in general with regards to FW and GW, its very possible.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie And with strange aeons even death may die."
Kaseliegth
Flag: Christmas Island

Postby Kaseliegth » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:52 pm

When are the results going up?
Never underestimate a cornered night goblin.

Winner of the last ever game of 7th edition Dark Elves vs Dark Elves against New Ross (Rossi)

The Tomb Kings are on the march again !!! Oh.....Wait.....Maybe Not !!!
faith is my shield

Postby faith is my shield » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:50 am

where are the results posted?
Monk
Committee Member
Flag: Germany

Postby Monk » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:08 am

Results will go up on the website on friday
My Painting - Http://thepaintingmonkey.wordpress.com
My Ramblings - https://twitter.com/MunkeyKungFu

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
Cai
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Cai » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Did I hear right that I got a Best Army nomination?

Either way, wicked event as always guys. It's just a shame I couldn't make my army work for me...
Panzer Vor!

Return to “Events Archive”