Duke it out! - 2000 point Warhammer Fantasy Tournament.

Moderator: Syneri

Badrott

Re: Duke it out! - 2000 point Warhammer Fantasy Tournament.

Postby Badrott » Sun May 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Whilst the Chaos Gods clearly do not favour Russ (Tzeetch even caused a chair to malfunction on him) the Horned Rat and me are on considerably better terms.

Game 1 - V Ben, The battle of Rat Vs Goat was a fairly "point and click" game, but enjoyable none the less - I knew I had to whittle at least one of the big blocks down and push it over with Plague Monks. Which is basically what happened. Still a very good game though as the Beastmen put up a good fight. I basically didnt get a spell off for the entire game and ended up having to fight more Beastmen than I would have liked, but holding out for the win.

Game 2 - V Rob's High Elves. So, what do you do when 30 White Lions, The Everqueen and the World Dragon banner come running towards you and all your good toys have magical attacks? The answer, is to kill everything else, and hope the Dreaded 13th Spell could take care of the unit.

However, when the Dwellers below decided that they wanted to keep my Grey Seer for themselves, this became a very tricky game as I had to start playing avoidance with blocks of 40 clanrats to avoid wholesale butchery. Besides the bunker and a Bolt Thrower I managed to kill everything, however, I could not overcome the points haemorrhage suffered when the Seer bit the dust and this meant the game finished as a draw.

Game 3 - Vs Michael's Chariots of Chaos. Ultimately, this was 11 models Vs 130, and the 130 are able to put out 8 ranged attacks per turn that cause D6 multiple wounds that ignore armour saves.

The game went - Zzzzap. Zzzzap. Zzzzap. Shake hands.

I kind of felt for Michael because it was one of those horrible rock paper scissor matchups that he stood very little chance of winning unless I misfired with everything. However, I think the Horned Rat sent me this game as a gift to make up for being given a scare by the Beastmen and having to play the Banner of the World Dragon.

A good day in all. I won 2 and drew one, coming 3rd overall. Was a really enjoyable day, thanks to Sam for organising the tournament and the prize support!

Oh, and I'm still undefeated with Skaven.

Roll on Thundergods, I suspect I may finish significantly lower down the order at this one!
Last edited by Badrott on Sun May 18, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kings of War UK number one ranked Orc general.

2016 Bristol Vanguard Dreadball League Champions - Da Pirates (Orcs+Goblins)
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Sun May 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Double post!

Sceleris
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Sceleris » Sun May 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Cheers to Sam (who certainly seemed to appreciate the availability of alcohol!) for organising this (and to Warren & Ben for the comprehensive defeats!)

Good last game against Rich's Breton list. V bloody affair that ended up 24vps apart with a one-wound trebuchet, Bret Lord & Peg knight left against 4 halberdiers, 5 handgunners, a non-working cannon and a volleygun.
Rossi

Postby Rossi » Sun May 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Had a good day, every game was a blood bath. Toughest one was against the WoC go cart list!

Suprise I won having no bsb, scroll or ward on the level 3!

My list for the day was

Dreadlord
Pegasus
SDC
Lance
Shield
Dawnstone
Armour of destiny

Level 3 death
Dark steed

Master
Pegasus
SDC
Heavy armour
Lance
Shield
Talisman of preservation

Cauldron of blood
Death hag
Ogre blade

34 witches
FC
Banner of swiftness

5 dark riders
Rxb
Shields

5 dark riders
Rxb
Shields

Bolt thrower

Bolt thrower

5 warlocks

5 warlocks
Warren0101

Postby Warren0101 » Sun May 18, 2014 7:17 pm

My list was basically 3 saurus characters, skink priest, Tetto, steg, 8 cold ones and a S*** load of skinks!

Game 1 was Dave and his empire, he basically didn't have any chaff to pin my bus in place which meant it ran through his whole army. Win to the lizards!

Game 2 was Slawek and his cheaty dice!! It's always a great game when I play Slawek, I again decided to thrust the bus at him and I left it in a chargeable distance from his gut star and mournfang, I actually forgot that ogres have really nasty impact hits. He also rolled 12 on his first magic phase which meant a 6 dice troll guts and 6 dice +1 S. I scrolled the REGEN but he got the strength buff up which basically wiped out my bus. I think in this game I really missed the terradons, if I could have froze his gut star for a turn while I wiped out the mournfang and knocked the gutstar down with poison etc. I really shouldn't have put that stegadon in and kept the Cham skinks and terradons! Have I mentioned my horrendous rolls and slaweks chesty dice !! Ha ha either way, a great game and my mistake cost me!

Game 3 was Ben. Well this game was the most fun because literally everything that should of happend, didn't, and everything that shouldn't of happend, did! Ben killed his level 4 1st turn from 3 dicing a spell, you hate to see it! This did however set the tone for the game. Including Ben missing a 10" charge, me to rolling more than 4 on 3 dice! His general almost holding out to the end!! Win to Lizards!

I came 4th in the end and I was reasonably happy with that, if I would have practised with the list I think I would have known the importance of the terradons!

I had a cracking laugh with everyone who came out for a few beers after aswell. It was a great day and again a massive thanks to Sam!
Top 25 in UK YO!!! #Masters :lol:

Lightning Strike 2015 - 7/76 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
BIG Championship 2014 5/50 EL filth!
Downfall 2014 - 4/64 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Warfare 2014 - 26/64
Stormlords 2014 - 9/62 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Vengence 2014 - 1/30 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
South Coast Brawl 2 2014 - 5/20
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Sun May 18, 2014 7:53 pm

Oh how my Clanrats would have loved to have gotten their plague ridden paws on your Dark Elves, Ross!

My list was, Grey Seer, BSB, Doomrocket caddy, 2x38 Clanrats, 2 Mortars, 2 darts, 10 gutter runners, 40 plague monks, 2 wheels, 2 WLC.

Zzzzaaaap!

Dave Fraser
Flag: Micronesia

Postby Dave Fraser » Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 am

So after all the pre-event arguments of how the WE book actually works, come time to put it on the table I ran the rather odd list which Russ mentioned above. Reasoning behind the list, it was all my best painted stuff in the army and I wanted to speak with Ben about what I should do to go for a best painted award.

Over the course of the day though it proved itself to actually be a very fun list to play with, so quite pleased with that.

G1 - Rob and his twice mentioned Ariel the mermaid list. As with others I set the objective of 'ignore the block' and kill the rest. As it turns out that still wasn't quite enough and I went down by 400pts. I did make a couple of mistakes so not entirely surprised by the list, but had a lot of fun in the process.

G2 - Russ and what I felt was one of the worse matchups I could face, also we were the cutoff between winners & losers so being the lowest vp loser meant I got to play someone that won their first game (boo). Basically I set about killing the soft squish stuff and hoping I could dodge the BoN for as long as humanly possible. Generally did a pretty good job of it but my dragon decided that fluffing vs a single BoN for zero wounds and being broken was the order of the day and promptly ran off the table taking any chance of getting a few points back was gone. Knew my list wasn't likely to do well in this one but enjoyed taking the fight to the daemons anyway and glad russ had fun in beating up my squish elves!

G3 - Ben (not Bueno) and his dwarfs. Classic game of mobile army vs slow army shows just how horrible WE can be when they face an army without great ranged shooting as I picked off the 2 organ guns and gyrobomber leaving the 3 infantry units surrounded by elves. A combo charge into the GW warriors from a treeman, dragon and eagle BSB in the flank saw the unit steadily smashed to bits and the hammerers shot to bits. The last 2 dwarfs left on the table both had lord in their titles, the dragon ate one (runelord) and a suicide charge into some wardancers (because why not at that point) saw the shieldbearer lord's head chopped off in the final phase of the game. Given ben had only played 6 games of warhammer at this point I think it was a rather nasty lesson of what highly mobile lists can do to a slow army like dwarfs and even my magic was doing great things this game just to rub salt in the wounds.

I love these kind of events, really chilled out and a whole lot of fun, really enjoyed all three games desipte somewhat mixed fortunes and just nice to put the toys on the table again. Many thanks to Sam for running it, sorry if it interfered with your drinking plans... Oh wait, definitely didn't! Also great to meet a bunch of folk who I'd not met at the club before and to catch up with a few I'd not seen for a few months, hope this can become a semi regular thing as was an awesome way to spend a day. Also the social after was top notch, love sitting in the sun with a beer just chatting nonsense, plenty of banter on the go, so was good to be part of it.

Oh and finally my thoughts on the new WE Book, it felt fun with lots of options to try out, some of the stuff can be really nasty to play against now but it's balanced by having the staying power of a wet tissue if you get to fight it. Don't think anyone needs worry about it challenging for top spot on overall power but the gunline version will be horrible to play against, but I'm not likely to put that on the table as there are much more fun builds to be had. I suspect I'll buy a few of the new units but I honestly thing just running stuff from the old book still gives close to the best list.
TDK88

Postby TDK88 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:42 pm

Thanks for the kind words all! I'm glad everyone had a good time.

Could Ross, Rob and Matt email me at Sam_Davies@mac.com with the Email Address you want the voucher sent to and tell me the preference Games-Workshop or Element Games.

Cheers
Sam.
Party Monster!
Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Sun May 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi Sam
#
Any chance of seeing the final results please mate?

It's like rain on your release day
It's the free rules when you've already paid
It's the good advice that they just didn't take
Who would've thought ... Space marine figures
TDK88

Postby TDK88 » Sat May 31, 2014 9:18 pm

Ginger Prince wrote:Hi Sam
#
Any chance of seeing the final results please mate?

Hey buddy, yeah I've been meaning to post 'em up. I'll pop em up sometime tomorrow, need to get on the laptop.
Party Monster!
Dave Fraser
Flag: Micronesia

Postby Dave Fraser » Sat May 31, 2014 10:30 pm

I've got em here:

Rossi won, everyone else are losers.
Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi Sam

Any luck with results at all?

TDK88

Postby TDK88 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:50 pm

On the laptop now and it looks like the file is broke'd trying to recover it atm - what purpose did you want it for Russ?
Party Monster!
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:52 pm

Maybe he is still in disbelief that Rossi won?

Warren0101

Postby Warren0101 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Think he wants to upload to rankings but I'm not sure to be honest just a guess!
Top 25 in UK YO!!! #Masters :lol:

Lightning Strike 2015 - 7/76 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
BIG Championship 2014 5/50 EL filth!
Downfall 2014 - 4/64 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Warfare 2014 - 26/64
Stormlords 2014 - 9/62 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Vengence 2014 - 1/30 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
South Coast Brawl 2 2014 - 5/20
Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi Sam

Any chance of the results yet Sam?

Return to “Events Archive”