[WHFB] Worcester Warhammer - Sunday 8th June

Moderator: Syneri

Syneri
Committee Member

[WHFB] Worcester Warhammer - Sunday 8th June

Postby Syneri » Wed May 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Just had this through my email courtesy of Bryan/Sedge of the CWC, so I thought some of you might enjoy it as something a bit different...

Worcester Warhammer, Sunday 8th June (I don't think it clashes with any other events...)

Its being run primarily by Worcester Wargames, a small independent model shop in Worcester. The Main Organiser is Lian Smith, ex GW Worcester. This is the first one they have run and it’s a test event, I think they plan on running 2 or 3 a year but want to keep it fairly small and mainly aimed at locals (hence not advertising it on TWF)

As I said, its only a small one, 24 player capacity. I think there are about 6 - 8 tickets left... I'm not involved in running it, but I know Liam and Andy and I offered use my connections to help shift some tickets! I've got 6 or 7 Cheltenham Warchiefs coming up and sent an invite out to the Dudley Darklords so there will be a bit of tough competition, it won’t just be chump bashing some locals!!

Anyway, if you and any other Bristol boys are interested the details are:

Where, When and How Much?
Sunday 8th June, Worcester city centre (St Swithins Institute). Ticket price is £8 and doesn't include food (however you can order food separately at the same time as booking your ticket (see pack) or as you are right in the city centre there is loads of choice of take away and fast food). Parking I think will be fairly cheap - Crowngate I think does park all day for £1 on a Sunday... not 100% sure what time they close though so might be good to check first!

What?
3 games, 2000 points, no comp, with scenarios. Rules pack is basically a slightly modified Sheffield Slaughter pack (unfortunately one of the modifications is no Chaos Dwarfs allowed... that's mainly due to the organisers not having access to the book or any experience of them - they do plan to change that for future events though)

How?
To secure a ticket send £8 per person via paypal to worcesterwargames@gmail.com (include names in comments box) and then follow this up with an email to the organiser lian_s_smith123@hotmail.co.uk to let him know you've paid and make sure you tell him you that Bryan sent you...!

Link to pack: - includes timings, painting scoring and army selection details
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gji6vwus5p0pm71/Worcester%20Warhammer%202014.docx

Pass it around, it would be good to see a few of you there! Plus I get extra kudos if it sells out!
Last edited by Syneri on Thu May 08, 2014 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
A.K.A. Jan (or the WHFB Rep) - The man who runs events - Contact via @Syneri on Twitter or Syneri.Azjol on Skype

TDK88

Re: [WHFB] Worcester Warhammer - Sunday 8th June

Postby TDK88 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Really interested in this! Dunno if I can get the swap for the sunday in work though ><
Party Monster!
Munkey

Postby Munkey » Wed May 07, 2014 11:50 pm

How far is Worcester? Why am I even asking? I'm the only one awake at this time... Meh, I'll check on AA route planner...
Yay! I'm good with Skavens again :lol:

"F*** you Nibbles" "I thought I was going to get Best in Race...then I saw your name on the list and all hope vanished"
Munkey

Postby Munkey » Thu May 08, 2014 12:01 am

Aha not too far at all. Around about 1 hour from bristol. Could be a fun Sunday trip...
Yay! I'm good with Skavens again :lol:

"F*** you Nibbles" "I thought I was going to get Best in Race...then I saw your name on the list and all hope vanished"

Return to “Events Archive”