It's the good advice that they just didn't take
Who would've thought ... Space marine figures
Munkey

Re: Gnoblars SCGT Practice

Postby Munkey » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Hey good luck tomorrow guys.

Don't forget to take a photo
Yay! I'm good with Skavens again :lol:

"F*** you Nibbles" "I thought I was going to get Best in Race...then I saw your name on the list and all hope vanished"
Syneri
Committee Member

Postby Syneri » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Best of luck guys, hopefully those low comp scores pay off with all the extra filth. You'll also be competing for the 'Pit Fighter' award for the best 0-2 scoring list.
Last edited by Syneri on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
A.K.A. Jan (or the WHFB Rep) - The man who runs events - Contact via @Syneri on Twitter or Syneri.Azjol on Skype

Rossi

Postby Rossi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:41 am

First round draw

Dave Fraser
Flag: Micronesia

Postby Dave Fraser » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Nice chump draw for rob then! I think Andy is running his VC he's been planning for the etc.
Rob

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Lol great easy win first round then...
Syneri
Committee Member

Postby Syneri » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Well done lads,

3rd - Rob Hall (now proud holder of James' trophy)
5th - Russ Ward
10th - Slawek Sasula
18th - Michael Browning (he counts!)
26th - Ross Hunter

A.K.A. Jan (or the WHFB Rep) - The man who runs events - Contact via @Syneri on Twitter or Syneri.Azjol on Skype

Rossi

Postby Rossi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:31 pm

I deserved to come 26th I played like I was on crack, the piece of white trash that I am!
Syneri
Committee Member

Postby Syneri » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:32 pm

The tattoo sleeves failed you?

Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:46 pm

So, normal service has resumed, the puppies (except cheesy Rob) have been put in their place again. Going into the tournament, my aims were
1) to win more than I lose
2) beat Prid (Michael)
3) beat Rob

GAME 1

Vs new Dwarfs
My comp score = 1
Dwarf comp score = 6 (+2 to related dice rolls)
Dwarf player won choosing deployment type (long ways), choose sides and deployment, scouts, vanguard
Daemons won first turn
My secret mission = Bastion - Have more units in my deployment zone than the opponent
Dwarfs secret mission = King of the castle - occupy more buildings than your opponent
Skull Cannon destroys his Organ Gun turn one and Pavane of Slaanesh a Gyrocopter
Furies charge a unit of 10 Rangers and win combat!! Rangers hold though
Gyrocopter drops bombs on Herald of Slaanesh
Horror unit charges Gyrocopter and smashes it
Skull Cannon destroys second Gyrocopter
Nurglings charge into Rangers. They still hold.
Furies die
Beast of Nurgle charges into Rangers and between him and the Nurglings they beat the Rangers and run them down

Game Over - Win to the Daemons by 155pts = 25pts to Daemons

GAME 2

Vs Warriors of Chaos
Warriors comp = 5 (+2 to related dice rolls)
Deamons won choosing deployment type (normal set up), choose sides and deployment
Daemons won first turn
My secret mission = King of the castle
Warriors secret mission
Infernal Gateway does 3 wounds to Gorebeast Chariot
Single Beast charges Slaanesh Marauder Horsemen who flee and then fail to rally
13 x Hellstriders with BSB and level 1 wizard charge single Beast of Nurgle and do nothing. Beast sticks
Bloodthirster is given random movement and Always Strike Last
Infernal Gateway a Shaggoth from the Herald of Tzeentch
Plaguebearer unit and another single Beast charge into the flank of the Hellstriders. I win combat by loads but he rolls double 1
Bloodthirster is given Always Strike Last and random movement again.
Bloodthirster looses 2 wounds to Cacophonic Choir
Daemon of Slaanesh charges Bloodthirster. Bloodthirster has Always Strike Last and Always Strike First but hits before the Daemon Prince on Initiative. He does nothing to the Daemon Prince. Daemon Prince does 1 wound to Bloodthirster. He wins combat - Bloodthirster sticks

Game Over - Win the Daemons by 1050pts = 25pts to Daemons

GAME 3

Vs Prid with his non cheesy High Elves
High Elf comp = 7 (+2 to related dice rolls)
Prid won choosing deployment type (long ways), choose sides and deployment, scouts, vanguard
High Elves won first turn
Slaanesh does 3 wounds to Bloodthirster
Plaguebearers charge Reavers but they flee (and never rally) then re-direct into the flank of the Phoenix Guard while the 5 x Beasts charge the front of the Phoenix Guard
The Skull Cannon does 5 wounds to the Frost Phoenix
Lion Chariots charges Beast of Nurgle and kill it
Eltharion charges single Beast and kills it in 2 rounds
Plaguebearers and Beast run down Phoenix Guard and charge into Spearmen, eventually kill all them.
Lion Chariot charges Bloodthirster but does nothing with Impact hits. Bloodthirster has Always Strike First sword and kills the chariot before it can attack. He then flies over the big combat but gets shot down by 10 Sisters of Avelorn

Game over - win to the Daemons by 135pts (ish) = 25pts to Daemons

75pts overall - 5th place
Most Bloodthirsty Award in the 0 - 4 (Pitfighters) category

Aim 1 - Achieved
Aim 2 - Achieved (in game and in tournament)
Aim 3 - Not Achieved :evil:

It's like rain on your release day
It's the free rules when you've already paid
Rob

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:59 am

Game 1 Andy Potter Vampires Comp Score 5
He wins all the roll offs and runs at me. Magic does nothing due to 2++ on blood knight bus. I make a 10 inch charge with White Lions into the bus (he forgot about swift stride) - first round of combat kill all but 1 knight, win combat but no crumble due to BSB. He then miscasts Vamp in his turn killing the remaining blood knight (had dispelled Nehek) and taking 1 wound off BSB. I lose combat but kill Mini Vamp. Then 2 pieces of luck for me - I cascade my lvl 2 - the miscast finishing off his BSB - but critically his 10 black knights had overrun into an RBT behind the main combat with a view to reforming and joining the combat, possibly saving the Vamp lord - but amazingly only did 1 wound and the RBT held on a 5 holding them up a turn! I lose combat but then turn 5 he cascades Vampire Lord (on 5 dice so...).

Bonus points for breaking fortitude and completing secret mission keep Alarielle alive!

Win to High Elves by 1100 pts.

Game 2 v Slawek's Ogres! Comp score 0

Sadly for Slawek he had told me at lunch how to beat his army with High Elves - just shoot the Gutstar! I won the roll offs, rolled well on shooting getting the guts down to 2 models by turn 3. Hell heart caused no wounds with 3 miscasts! The guts + 4 characters then hide in the pub/building for the last 3-4 turns, but a combination of shooting for RBT/sisters/archers/Alith anar and Slawek miscasting 3 turns in a row on 3 dice finished off the Guts, Lvl 4 & Firebelly. Final turn managed to ping the final 2 wounds off the man eaters with Alith to claim secret mission kill more special/rare choices and break the fortitude. Main bad luck for Slawek was miscasting 3 turns in a row, man eaters taking 3 turns to shoot 1 bolt thrower hence keeping them out the game and never getting off the doom and darkness panic check on white lions.

1700pt win to High elves.

Game 3 v Grant Alexander comp 3 Daemons
Terrible game as he was upset over the bad up - he had Mono Nurgle - Nurgle Daemon Prince Lvl 4, 2x6 beasts, 2x25ish plaguebearers, herald BSB regen, epidemius, nurglings, furies. Having picked an army list with virtually no chaff or ranged attacks (other than daemon prince hiding behind building) come turn 2 he declared that he was going to concede as he couldn't be bothered to play a pointless game. We got the TO over as I pointed out if he conceded the decider for 1st/2nd was victory points so getting a max win ruined the tournament for everyone else - he was begrudgingly persuaded to play on but made for an unpleasant playing experience (he did not enjoy Alarielle's plethora of special rules).

Banishment went off on the daemon prince, came down to a bring grind in the middle between plaguebearers, herald, epidemius + 2 units of beasts v Alariellestar. He got my BSB and Lvl 2 but I killed the Plaguebearers + Characters, both units of beasts holding on to the end. Bonus points for breaking fortitude and secret mission (kill daemon prince).

1000pt win to High Elves

Finished on max points but only 6,500 VPs was only good enough for 3rd after Nav and Pat Baker got big wins final round. I had a lot of luck with Andy Potter/Slawek and couldn't have asked for better match ups but still chuffed with 3rd. I pointed out to Grant that for all the "brokenness" of BoTWD, Russ has beaten me the last 2 times we've played - the difference in that match that he didn't have enough chaff to distract the White Lions, and no ranged firepower - I could understand the anger if I turned up to a club game with that but in a tournament surely the point is that both players have to build to face as all comers as possible, and at the moment the chance of facing HEs is pretty high!
Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:17 am

Apologies for the poor quality photo, I think Prid was still in shock after I beat him

Bueno

Postby Bueno » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:57 am

great job guys
Twitter: @bueno_ben

Plog: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1401
Munkey

Postby Munkey » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Who's the shifty looking fella on the far right?
Yay! I'm good with Skavens again :lol:

"F*** you Nibbles" "I thought I was going to get Best in Race...then I saw your name on the list and all hope vanished"
Ginger Prince

Postby Ginger Prince » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:26 pm

A very tired Rossi

Kaseliegth
Flag: Christmas Island

Postby Kaseliegth » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Well done gents.

Grant Alexander what a winge bag he was. He must of won both games as well and to cry like a little girl instead of trying to go for a win and give you a good game I would of been pissed off with his attitude. I'm glad the TO's made him play on.
Never underestimate a cornered night goblin.

Winner of the last ever game of 7th edition Dark Elves vs Dark Elves against New Ross (Rossi)

The Tomb Kings are on the march again !!! Oh.....Wait.....Maybe Not !!!
Warren0101

Postby Warren0101 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:10 pm

Well done guys.

Anyone know about Navs list? I'm guessing many stegs and life Slann aka his normal list. Which is probably good for a one dayer because aslong as you don't get any really bad match ups it's a good list. Not my cup of tea though!
Top 25 in UK YO!!! #Masters :lol:

Lightning Strike 2015 - 7/76 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
BIG Championship 2014 5/50 EL filth!
Downfall 2014 - 4/64 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Warfare 2014 - 26/64
Stormlords 2014 - 9/62 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Vengence 2014 - 1/30 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
South Coast Brawl 2 2014 - 5/20
Rob

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:58 pm

Yeah he definitely had 4 stegs, not sure what else. Ran straight over Chris Tomlin's 4 Frosthearts in the final game.
Syneri
Committee Member

Postby Syneri » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:16 pm

And one set of final standings...

Nav was using his usual list with a couple of tweaks, as he can't operate without spamming life magic :D

Warren0101

Postby Warren0101 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Thought so! Hey, he plays what he knows!

Killing 4 frost hearts is actually really lucky with stegs! Unless he gets the charges, and if he's getting the charge on a flyer... Well... That player sucks... Ha ha

Fair play to him though, he got the 1st!
Top 25 in UK YO!!! #Masters :lol:

Lightning Strike 2015 - 7/76 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
BIG Championship 2014 5/50 EL filth!
Downfall 2014 - 4/64 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Warfare 2014 - 26/64
Stormlords 2014 - 9/62 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
Vengence 2014 - 1/30 and Best in Race (Wood Elves)
South Coast Brawl 2 2014 - 5/20

Return to “Events Archive”