Black Crusade 2.0 (40kRPG) - Players Wanted

Wizards, Warriors and all that roleplaying JAzz
Trumpkin
Flag: Seychelles

Black Crusade 2.0 (40kRPG) - Players Wanted

Postby Trumpkin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Evening all,

A little while ago I posted a topic about wanting to start a Black Crusade game, but because I'm a massive pleb I unfortunately didn't really follow it up. Basically, the bug's bitten me again and I'm determined to give this a crack.

TIME: It'll be on Thursday Nights, as that's the only night I have free! I work in the day and finish about 6ish (normally), so I'm thinking it'll be a 6/6.30/7pm start for a finish sometime around 11ish. These are a little flexible though, if we need to change them, and aren't set in stone (so if you have to leave early/arrive late one night that's no problem).

VENUE: This one is a little trickier! I live in Yate, so I appreciate that that's quite far away from the centre. With that in mind, either hosting it at the Duke or BIG is probably a good idea, unless any of the players want to host it at their place, which would be nicer! All we need is a table and chairs. I have pens, pencils, dice, books etc.

In terms of what to expect, I'll quote myself from the last post:

Trumpkin wrote:Hello all,

A year or so ago I was involved in a weekly Deathwatch game with some friends, and it was a lot of fun. Deathwatch is one of the 40k RPGs, specifically the involving Space Marines. I've since moved from Cardiff to Bristol and was hoping to start another game (and hopefully get to know a few people better, too).

This time, however, instead of running Deathwatch I was thinking of running Black Crusade, which is the Chaos version. Essentially, you each play a Heretic of some flavour, and you work towards bringing the crumbling monolith that is the Imperium to its knees, fuelling its inexorable collapse with your fire and fury, and hopefully not becoming a Spawn along the way.

I've got some experience GMing, as we used to do a round-robin style of GMing in Deathwatch, and I've since done a few smaller games (all 40kRPG again). I'm confident enough in the system and the fluff to GM again, so all I need are some players.

You don't have to have played a 40k RPG before, or any RPG even. Beginners are more than welcome, though I do ask that you have an interest in the 40k fluff! You don't need to know that much about it, but a willingness to learn more about it would probably be a must. So long as you can tell the difference between the Emperor and a Grot, I'm happy.

I'd try to run it weekly from about 6 o clock for a few hours on either a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday. I live in Yate, so I'll run it from the Duke (which means I'm limited by trains!), unless someone else who is central fancies hosting.

I'm looking for around 4 players, though I can handle more or less. 3-5 is about the limit.

If anyone is interested, reply to me on here, message me on Facebook or shoot me a text. My number is 179 312 32570 backwards.

Oh, and Death to the false Emperor!

-Alex

It's going to be a laid back, fun game. If anyone is interested, please let me know and we can get this (heretical) ball rolling! :)

-Alex
MOST THRUDLIKE - THRUDBOWL 2016
Third Place at Exebowl II & Rookie Wonder at Exebowl II
Stunty Chamption at ACT3
Anything But A One! Podcast - Updated Weekly

Has a thing for Nurgle... No one knows why.
Dalkius
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Black Crusade 2.0 (40kRPG) - Players Wanted

Postby Dalkius » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:16 pm

I'd be interested. I don't think I'd be able to go to BIG if we're staying until 11, but should able to make the Duke.
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Yeah, BIG is probably not the best plan. Duke is good, and we may potentially have a house in Central(ish) Bristol we can use.

Some of the other players I may have joining say they'd prefer to do the game on a Wednesday instead of a Thursday. Is that still good with you?
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

Dalkius
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Dalkius » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:00 pm

I don't think it is, I'm afraid. How heavily is it leaning towards Wednesday?
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:27 pm

It could still go either way, but is probably leaning more towards weds atm, as the others have a regular meeting on Thursday. Its still possible, it just means some people might miss half the session (unless we start late, which is possible too).
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

Return to “RPGs”