Dreadball League 2016 Fixtures and Results

pagan-gerbil

Re: Dreadball League 2016 Fixtures and Results

Postby pagan-gerbil » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:34 pm

radegast6@gmail.com wrote:...and I didn't noticed what happend.MR Team has been converted to high protein diet for new Mall rats :D I also failed on rolls for new mvp "real" Buzzcut ..this day will be called the day of ONE.

Unless you're rolling for MVP costs, when it is the day of SIXES!

Good game, if short :)
http://www.pagan-gerbil.net
DreadBall: Everything. Necromunda: Delaques, Ratskins.
radegast6@gmail.com
Flag: Poland

Postby radegast6@gmail.com » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:30 pm

pagan-gerbil wrote:
radegast6@gmail.com wrote:...and I didn't noticed what happend.MR Team has been converted to high protein diet for new Mall rats :D I also failed on rolls for new mvp "real" Buzzcut ..this day will be called the day of ONE.

Unless you're rolling for MVP costs, when it is the day of SIXES!

Good game, if short :)

so true Peter heheheh. usualy I am lucky with dice so I forgive them this one time.
Username: radegast6@gmail.com
Games -Warmachine -Khador,dreadballveer-myn,WarzoneRessurection-Mishima,2nd.ed.BauchausMilitia,Deadzone-all Warpath-Verr-myn,Infinity Ariadna, Necromunda Malifaux - GuildBoard Games-Risk,Zombies!!!,SpaceHulk,ProjectPandora,
Games to be Xwing, Wolfsung
My painting blog -http://miniaturesconversion.blogspot.co.uk/
Gir One Eye
Flag: Wales

Postby Gir One Eye » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:56 pm

Home Team Name/Away Team Name: Shell Shockers vs Costa Coffee Corp
Score H/A:0-0 (noticing a pattern eh?)
Cheers H/A: 4/1
No of kills H/A: 1/0
New Team Ratings H/A: 170/155

Very fun game, immense thank you to Chaoscore for a genuinely enjoyable match of Dreadball and showing me that you can actually throw the ball at the opponents unironicly!
Azzabat
Flag: Canada

Postby Azzabat » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:44 pm

How did that go Gir ... throwing the ball at an opponent? Does it do any damage?

I um ... I ask for purely sadistical ... I mean statistical reasons. ; )
I know the voices aren't real ... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

C J = )
Gir One Eye
Flag: Wales

Postby Gir One Eye » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Haha, I had it thrown at ME! Somehow even with speed 5+ my jack dodged it. Maybe if I train my jacks to throw the ball, with their fists juuust behind it ;)
ThreeCubed
Flag: Great Britain

Postby ThreeCubed » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:11 pm

IMPORTANT

I have added an amendment to the rules for MVP deaths. It's on the rules thread now, but here it is anyway:

-You can revive a MVP (cost + D6 - pg 59 of season 1)
-Recycle a MVP for 5mc (season 1 p59)
-You can revive MVP's on the cheap using BrenMed’s Cryorevision. This will cost 8mc rather than the normal 4mc. You still have to roll on the side effects table.

If you have lost a MVP recently, please feel free to go back to your last endgame and add these choices if you wish.

It is something that has only just come up, due to the MVP rules for this league. Sorry it wasn't added at the beginning.
'Eat my goal!!'

Games: Dreadball; Attack Wing; lots of boardgames; RPG - PbtA, FATE, & Savage Worlds

BGG Profile: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/ThreeCubed
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Home/Away: Da Pirates vs Grim Bay Packers
Score: 3/0
Cheers: 4/0
No of kills: 0/0
New team rankings:

In the ramshackle setting of Da Cove Stadium, Grim Bay took to the field to take on their hosts, Da Pirates.

For a large part of the game very little happened, with Da Pirates keeping possession of the ball and looking for an opening in the defensive line of the Packers. In the final rush, a heroic run down the left wing from Pirates player Ozzy the Ominous bewildered the Dwarfs who were left clutching at thin air as he somersaulted through the air in to the 3 point scoring zone, showboating with several keepie uppies before volleying the ball in to the goal to give the Orx and Goblins team an unassailable lead and their first win of the season.

Clearly disgusted by Ozzy's arrogant showboating, the Packers guards sought some revenge in their final rush. As Ozzy turned to celebrate his strike, he was clobbered by a clearly angry Guard from Grim Bay and was sent to the medi bay before any further punishment could be inflicted.

The ending to this match provoked wild scenes in the stands as jubilant, yet angry Orx fans began to tear apart sections of seating to hurl into the visiting supporters or pull apart the segregation barriers to inflict further violence on the Packers fans.

A spokesman for the League commented-

"We accept that isolated incidents happen between sets of rival fans on occassion, however, we do not expect the home team to join in and assist fans in causing violence. Da Pirates behaviour will be closely monitored going forwards and a large Enforcer presence will be on hand at the next game here."

Meanwhile, Pirates fans can get their exclusive, limited edition commemorative scarves for just 30c. The scarves come in a range of designs, are made with 100% Dwarf beard and can be preordered at the club shop from Tuesday.
Kings of War UK number one ranked Orc general.

2016 Bristol Vanguard Dreadball League Champions - Da Pirates (Orcs+Goblins)
Jamrowski
Committee Member
Flag: Christmas Island

Postby Jamrowski » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Awesome games thank you; ok I'm still in single figures for Dreadball Games (only just) but the 'Messi-like' move by the Goblin jack was a thing of pure beauty - gets my vote for Score of the season (and we're only 2 games in); simply stunning!

Time to send CJ that memo :-)

Gork and Mork we're smiling (a large cache of Coaching dice also helped humour them!). A simply awesome strike and justice was done with a Man of the Match award.

Good luck for the rest of the League (Keep your eye out for those tricksy Teratons and shameless Nameless!) :-)
Team Yankee: US / Soviet Armour
Flames of War: EW British Armour / LW US Armour
DUST Tactics: Allied / USMC
ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:44 pm

Good work all.

Can people make sure they update their rankings please, and let me know? (I've put question marks by the rankings I don't know.) Then I can put them on the league table. It helps people to plan ahead any underdog bonuses they might be getting. Thanks.

ON TO GAME 3!
'Eat my goal!!'

Games: Dreadball; Attack Wing; lots of boardgames; RPG - PbtA, FATE, & Savage Worlds

ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:10 pm

The second match in the Game 3 fixtures kicked off this week with a close game between the Shell Shockers and the City Hobgoblins. Due to early game deaths, the Hobs were able to draw enough sympathy from the Dreadball community to draft in a Nameless guard, Forefather guard and Sphyr jack. The game saw a lot of hits, with an unsurprising lack of injuries and deaths. The Shockers had clear control of the pitch and would have created a great deal of problems for the Hobs had they chosen dirty tactics and fouling. They are truly an honourable team. The Hobs, on the other hand, went the fouling route - dashing strikers on - but the ref was all over them. The Shockers were able to score first and kept ahead for most of the game, with some nifty 2 pointers. However, the Sphyr jack was able to keep clawing back the score and ended the game with a lucky 4 pointer in the final rush. 1 - 0 to the Hobs. Not a particularly deserved win - and certainly the Shockers should be winning medals for their gentlemanly conduct.

Home/Away: Shell Shockers/City Hobgoblins
Score: 0/1
Cheers: 2/2
Kills: 0/0
New Rankings: Did you say 182?/162

Oh, we forgot to do man of the match.
Gir, draw a card at random at the beginning of your next game and allocate the XP to that random player. I'll do the same (as we both got equal cheers).
'Eat my goal!!'

Jamrowski
Committee Member

Postby Jamrowski » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Always a pleasure to play Adrian, regardless of the system. This evening's game was no exception.

Truly a tale (tail?) of two halves; the free-scoring Veer-myn were matched* score for score during the first 7 rushes

(*Yes you did read that correctly: free-scoring Stunties!).

However, a Denver Broncos-esque defensive display in the second half blunted the rat's offence for a nail biting finish.....

Home/Away: Mall Rats / Grim Bay Packers
Score: 0/2
Cheers: 5/11
Kills: 0/2
New Rankings: .....tbc

Ironically, Adrian fell for some top drawer gamesmanship "look - naked Woman outside"; Adrian looked, he always does, promptly followed by a Veer-man defensive lapse :D
Last edited by Jamrowski on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
radegast6@gmail.com

Postby radegast6@gmail.com » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:01 pm

ok my 2nd game, 3rd round against Jono steady dwarfs. I won home.
great game. I scorred 3pts he scored 3 pts, I scored 4 pts he scored 4 points ( I left it wide open for him awfiul mistake) Jono learned from my mistake and left 3 guards watching 4 pointer and I couldnt get trough with my guards, and perfect use of run inrterfierence, I missed 1 pt and Jono finished me with 2point score, from that point I coudn't score or get to ball. also Jonno managed to Kill 2 of my guys we ended up with 11 cheers from Jono side and 5 from mine, ( it was 5 jono? we forgot about that 4 dash in row or was that no cheer card? )
Home/Away: Mall Rats/Grim Bay Packers
Score: 0/2
Cheers: 5/11
Kills: 0/2
New Rankings: not done, we had to leave excelsior because it took nearly 2 hours to play that game, Jono taklks to much :D heheh and he is bully. ranking before game 142/149. Did I forgot to mentyion something Jono? or you want to add your version of event ?
Games -Warmachine -Khador,dreadballveer-myn,WarzoneRessurection-Mishima,2nd.ed.BauchausMilitia,Deadzone-all Warpath-Verr-myn,Infinity Ariadna, Necromunda Malifaux - GuildBoard Games-Risk,Zombies!!!,SpaceHulk,ProjectPandora,
Jamrowski
Committee Member

Postby Jamrowski » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:31 am

radegast6@gmail.com wrote: Did I forgot to mentyion something Jono? or you want to add your version of event ?

Only the complete contrast between the first 7 rushes and the last 7 rushes; Rats got bossed and bullied in the closing stages (not sure I've ever seen or played in such a high scoring first half :shock: )
ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Wow, less than a week and nearly all the games have been played. Just Badrott and Chaoscore to go.

Please send me rankings if yours is not up to date.

So, if you are feeling like it's a while till your next game, remember that the South West Regional Tournament is on the 12th. I've done a couple of these and they are awesome fun. Unfortunately, my Void Sirens won't be there this year - but you could be! Contact Pete (pagan-gerbil) if your interested or check the thread out on the events area of the forum.
'Eat my goal!!'

ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:00 pm

So, I got to roll up 3 free agents for my last game. They really gave me some options and were definitely what won me the game. Having them was quite a lot of fun.

However, rolling on the new free agents tables requires you to have the stats for all seasons teams to hand. :shock:
And to know what all the teams abilities do. :?

Fear not, I have made a small sheet with all the team stats for all the teams in the season 2-4 rulebook to make life easier. It can be found here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10298196/Dreadball%20team%20stats.pdf
I will update it in the future so that it has the complete seasons 1-5 on it.

You can also get yourself a copy of the new, complete abilities list too. It's super helpful.
Here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10298196/Dreadball%20Abilities%20List%20copy.pdf
'Eat my goal!!'

Badrott

Postby Badrott » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Home/Away: Da Pirates Vs Costa Coffee
Score: 7/0
Cheers: 12/??
Kills: 0/0

Good fun game today at the Home of Da Pirates.

Ominous Ozzy picked up where he left off, hitting 3 points in the 1st rush of the game, but Costa responded quickly with a 1 pointer of their own.

From that point the Orcs got a bit enraged and were successful in bashing around a few of those squishy humans who somehow survived, and Ozzy was able to put another 3 point score on the board to put Da Pirates 5-0 up. Costa had an opening to once again close the gap but were unable to as their striker slipped on the skiddy surface, allowing the home teams players to get back an create a scrum around the 3/4 point scoring zone, which the humans were unable to break down.

Late in the game, the scrum was able to turnover possession the ball was knocked free from the grasp of the caffeine fueled striker and Ozzy was able to pick the ball up from the scrum and break away to score a 2 point shot securing the landslide win and cause wild scenes of jubilation in the stands.

Dreadball league authorities will be pleased to learn that there was a significant reduction in crowd violence inside the stadium, although latest reports suggest that a mob of Greenskins is preventing the Costa team from leaving the changing room and are currently awaiting the arrival of evacuation craft. This, despite their offer of "half price coffee and cake in store". It would appear that this mob is not so thirsty for coffee as they are for blood.

ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:09 pm

Can you guys put up you rankings, and can you add your cheers too chaos?

Thanks.

Onto Game 4 it is then...
'Eat my goal!!'

Azzabat

Postby Azzabat » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:32 pm

I've got a Bye this week, so if anyone fancies a friendly? I can either use my MASSIVE 5 Orc league team ... or a full new one. :D

C J = )
chaoscore

Postby chaoscore » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:08 am

It was a good game on Saturday. My cheers 3 and. My team rating 167 Orx get quite good when they get going and the shiny new boots rule seem to help
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:10 pm

chaoscore wrote:It was a good game on Saturday. My cheers 3 and. My team rating 167 Orx get quite good when they get going and the shiny new boots rule seem to help

My shiny new boots are amazing. They are made by reeb-orc.

I'll work out my rating later and post accordingly.
Does cash in the bank count?

pagan-gerbil

Postby pagan-gerbil » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Yes :)
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:29 pm

Da Pirates team rating = 170

chaoscore

Postby chaoscore » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:21 am

Costa Coffee Corp v Radegast6 - Mall Rats - - Ver-mynn
location The Percolator

so after a stern talking to from the coach and the dark shadow figures in the board room costa came out to a heated up crowd the rats came out with the newly hired payback the match started well with Latte getting a quick one pointer. as the enforcer got himself in place to launch an attack on payback how was guarding the four pointer the rats tried to get a 2 pointer back but missed then enforcer cranked up his jet pack to maximum and assaulted payback knocking him out for a turn.
then an amazing bit of passing play between espresso and latte I got my first four pointer. the rats got a two pointer back and then costa finished them off with another show of good passing got another four pointer finishing the game

result :costa 7/ Mall Rats 0
cheers: 6/ 0
kills 0/0
team ranking : 198 / tbc

thanks for the game Radegast it was fun but rather quick and you leant some time it better just to dodge then hit back :)
Azzabat

Postby Azzabat » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:36 pm

I laugh every time I check out the score board ... and pretend that the 1 has just fallen off the front of my Team Rating and I'm not really at only 62. :lol:

C J = )
pagan-gerbil

Postby pagan-gerbil » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:46 pm

Sindarin Superiority vs Grim Bay Packers:
Score 0 / 1
Cheers 2 / 8
No of kills 0
New Team Ratings 165 / 185

The Sindarin team graciously invited the Packers to their stellar liner for the game, since they felt they didn't want to truck around the system to some grubby planet in order to play. Their week off had obviously gone to their heads, whereas the Packers were full of grim (bay) determination. Their Keeper refused to be pushed around by some upstart Asterian, their star Striker diligently scored 2-pointer after 2-pointer to keep the score in their favour. As the Packers defence knocked all of the Kalyshi offence off of the pitch, the rest of the team realised that despite being short, smelly and ill-mannered, the Brokkrs should not be taken for granted... this was unfortunately too late. After their performance on the pitch tonight, the coach will be having some stern words and the changing room will have a few less decadent luxuries in it for the next game, as a punishment.

A great game, thanks Jono! The dice weren't really doing me any favours but those Brokkrs make an excellent defence regardless!
Jamrowski
Committee Member

Postby Jamrowski » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:26 pm

pagan-gerbil wrote:A great game, thanks Jono! The dice weren't really doing me any favours but those Brokkrs make an excellent defence regardless!

No, thank you for the excellent mentoring and help at the BIG open day (that 'dice sabotage' trick you taught me really does work!) :D

Best wishes and good luck for the remainder of the league; Cheers, J
Jamrowski
Committee Member

Postby Jamrowski » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:31 pm

......I totally agree now with finishing the league with immediate effect; I think the league table reflects the true order of things (I mean why delay the inevitable).

Really good call (by whoever made it); well played everyone.

Same time next year?
radegast6@gmail.com

Postby radegast6@gmail.com » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:24 pm

chaoscore wrote:Costa Coffee Corp v Radegast6 - Mall Rats - - Ver-mynn
result :costa 7/ Mall Rats 0
cheers: 6/ 0
kills 0/0
team ranking : 198 / tbc

thanks for the game Radegast it was fun but rather quick and you leant some time it better just to dodge then hit back :)

thank you for good game, that will teach me not to slam with my guards, always dodge.
so at last I has some players with skills no4 Drapak got safe pair of hands, no5 Shrek got Jum and got ressurected but lost one speed, no 6 ressurected with loose of Strenght, and I was afford to buy Payback at last, unfortunately that didnt help at all and I managed to score one point that I lost immidiately. at least no one died this time.
so my rank jumped to amazing 158!
one question did we rolled dice for cash?
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Da Pirates visited the City Hobgoblins this evening with Goblin "pride" at stake.

The game was won by Da Pirates after Ominous Ozzy broke clear of the ongoing scrum in the 2nd but last Orx rush, slamming home a 3 pointer.

Earlier in the match, the Orx were able to kill one of the home team's Hulks and incapacitate another for several rushes, allowing the visitors to protect the ball and bide their time and wait for an opportune moment to send Ozzy forwards to score.

City still had hope of taking the score in their final rush of the game, however as their striker went to throw the ball for what surely would have been a 4 point score, the ball shattered, much to the home fans dismay. This meant that Da Pirates score a turn earlier was enough to win the game, although they could not add to this in the final rush.

The win sees Da Pirates pick up their 3rd win in a row, sending the away fans into wild scenes of jubilation at the full time buzzer.

City Hobgoblins/Da Pirates
Score 0 / 3
Cheers ? / 5
No of kills 0 / 2
New Team Ratings ? / 190
Last edited by Badrott on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:52 pm

The Gob's were certainly feeling the pinch this week, and Da Pirates were on top form - in control of the game from the outset.
Great play from that team.

Hob's got 3 cheers, and have a ranking of 160. Oh, and Da Pirates got 2 kills.

In the locker room, the Gob's were forlorn as they looked over their 2 lost comrades. But as the doctor tended to the bodies, there was a sudden movement of a hand, then the eyes opened on the dead hulk. Uninjured he sat up on the stretcher, blinked, and looked around at his teammates. That BrenMed’s Cryorevision can really work wonders.

Thanks for the game Badrott. :)
'Eat my goal!!'

Return to “Dreadball League”