Dreadball League 2016 Fixtures and Results

Badrott

Re: Dreadball League 2016 Fixtures and Results

Postby Badrott » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Azzabat wrote:.
That saying ... Ger, we need to play our game soon my friend. I'm free every night except Wednesday.

Has this game happened yet? Interested to find out the score if so.
Kings of War UK number one ranked Orc general.

2016 Bristol Vanguard Dreadball League Champions - Da Pirates (Orcs+Goblins)
Azzabat
Flag: Canada

Postby Azzabat » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm

I'm still waiting on Ger to get back to me with a date. I'm free all the days. = )
I know the voices aren't real ... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

C J = )
ThreeCubed
Flag: Great Britain

Postby ThreeCubed » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:18 am

Ok, I'm chasing this up now.
Sorry, I've been away for a week with no internet - not even any 3G on my phone!
'Eat my goal!!'

Games: Dreadball; Attack Wing; lots of boardgames; RPG - PbtA, FATE, & Savage Worlds

BGG Profile: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/ThreeCubed
radegast6@gmail.com
Flag: Poland

Postby radegast6@gmail.com » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:36 pm

well you cold hve game today CJ :D
Username: radegast6@gmail.com
Games -Warmachine -Khador,dreadballveer-myn,WarzoneRessurection-Mishima,2nd.ed.BauchausMilitia,Deadzone-all Warpath-Verr-myn,Infinity Ariadna, Necromunda Malifaux - GuildBoard Games-Risk,Zombies!!!,SpaceHulk,ProjectPandora,
Games to be Xwing, Wolfsung
My painting blog -http://miniaturesconversion.blogspot.co.uk/
ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 am

Hey all. Still sorting the missing game and will update the league asap.

In the meantime - playball!

Just over a week left to sort out your current game. Get to it people. :)
'Eat my goal!!'

Games: Dreadball; Attack Wing; lots of boardgames; RPG - PbtA, FATE, & Savage Worlds

ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Tue May 03, 2016 10:29 am

Less than a week to go gents.

I hope everyone has got their games planned. Good luck!
'Eat my goal!!'

ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Wed May 04, 2016 12:02 pm

So, the Hobs had to prove their worth at home against the Sindarin Superiority team - and the away team were truly superior! The Hob's seem unenthused as they were unable to make their gameplan effective. The Sindarin jumped masterfully in and around defensive lines, shoving the tiny Hob jack around and dodging the hulks mighty blows.

A well played game by the coach.

Home/Away: City Hobgoblins/Sindarin Superiority
Score: 0 / 7
Cheers: 0 / 3
No of kills: 0 / 0
New Team Ratings: 183 / 192
'Eat my goal!!'

radegast6@gmail.com

Postby radegast6@gmail.com » Wed May 04, 2016 9:54 pm

im still waiting for Maahes - Philaname Eagles to come back to me. I am doing a lot of overtime so less time you give me to schelude gamein diary less chances that I will play game mate.
Games -Warmachine -Khador,dreadballveer-myn,WarzoneRessurection-Mishima,2nd.ed.BauchausMilitia,Deadzone-all Warpath-Verr-myn,Infinity Ariadna, Necromunda Malifaux - GuildBoard Games-Risk,Zombies!!!,SpaceHulk,ProjectPandora,
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Thu May 05, 2016 9:49 am

I have messaged Azzabat and awaiting reply.

Maahes

Postby Maahes » Thu May 05, 2016 3:51 pm

@Radegast just pm'd you again about our game. But will watch the forum as well. I am free next monday and wednesday evening if those work. The duke is preferred venue.
ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Thu May 05, 2016 3:54 pm

The Dreadball league officials are a hard bunch, and after much deliberation have made a ruling.

The result of Game 5 The Shell Shockers Vs New Gangland PatriOrx has been ruled as a 0-7 landslide win to the PatriOrx.

Although their are no awarded kills or cheers, each team will receive it's income.

So, PatriOrx gain the 6mc + 2D6 for a win. Shockers gain 6mc + 1D6 for the loss.
Please roll for these at the beginning of your next game (so your opponent can see) and give me updated ratings after that game.
Thank you.
'Eat my goal!!'

ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Thu May 05, 2016 4:00 pm

Guys, I feel like we need to extend game 6 by a week. It looks like no-one has organized their game, except for me and Pagan.
I feel this would be easier than running into the next sessions games, as currently Sunday is our cut off point.

So, we'll do that unless anyone has any major objections. But, if we could all get on it from that point, I would appreciate it.

Deadline, then, for Game 6 is now 15th of May. I will adjust the dates accordingly.

Thanks.
'Eat my goal!!'

Jamrowski
Committee Member
Flag: Christmas Island

Postby Jamrowski » Thu May 05, 2016 4:34 pm

ThreeCubed wrote:The Dreadball league officials are a hard bunch, and after much deliberation have made a ruling.

The result of Game 5 The Shell Shockers Vs New Gangland PatriOrx has been ruled as a 0-7 landslide win to the PatriOrx.

Although their are no awarded kills or cheers, each team will receive it's income.

So, PatriOrx gain the 6mc + 2D6 for a win. Shockers gain 6mc + 1D6 for the loss.
Please roll for these at the beginning of your next game (so your opponent can see) and give me updated ratings after that game.
Thank you.

Is 'Ger towel throwing again? (Or is CJ 'match fixing' - Maple Syrup is a powerful currency it would seem.....)
Team Yankee: US / Soviet Armour
Flames of War: EW British Armour / LW US Armour
DUST Tactics: Allied / USMC
ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Fri May 06, 2016 12:33 pm

No towels or maple syrup were used, or harmed, in the making of this decision. :lol:
'Eat my goal!!'

Azzabat

Postby Azzabat » Sun May 08, 2016 10:38 pm

Mmmmmm, Mmmmmmaple Syrup!

Sorry I've been AFK for a while. Work has calmed down now and I'm back into the swing of things.

C J = )
ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Wed May 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Hey all. Not long left. Have you got your games scheduled?
'Eat my goal!!'

pagan-gerbil

Postby pagan-gerbil » Wed May 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Home/Away: Sindarin Superiority / Philaname Eagles
Score: 7 / 0
Cheers: 10 / 6
No of kills: 0 / 3
New Team Ratings: ??? / ???

Sindarin invited the Eagles to their luxury liner, but were appalled by the lack of manners. Even the Hobgoblins behaved better. The Eagles threw punches left, right and centre and no acrobatics could stop the pain. Despite many attempts on the goal, the score remained almost zero for most of the game while Asterians fell like needles off of a Christmas tree.
The Nameless made one attempt to break the excellent Asterian defence, getting a Red Card for the pleasure and failing to do more than push one elf, not even out of the way.
However, in the final couple of turns a pair of four-pointers from a plucky new Striker pulled the game to a landslide, and halted the gribbly alien plans to pulverise any more of their fragile friends.

Great game, all the way to rush 13, those guards are BRUTAL! Lots of fun though :)

(I need to work out which players are being pulped and which resurrected, I'll throw the new team rating on when I'm done!)
http://www.pagan-gerbil.net
DreadBall: Everything. Necromunda: Delaques, Ratskins.
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Fri May 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Home/Away: New Gangland PatriOrx / Da Pirates
Cheers: 0 / 0
New Team Ratings: ??? / 206

Very much a no nonsense performance from Da Pirates today, as they scored 3 points in each of their first 3 rushes to get a landslide. The numerous Patriorx offered little resistance and their ball handling let them down. They did manage to cut the score back to 5 nil with a one pointer in their 3rd rush, but it was too little, too late, and an Orx Guard was able to create an opening for the Goblin Jack to score the 3rd three pointer and seal the win.

The away fans transports were stuck in heavy traffic and arrived once the game was already finished, and so very little cheering went on today.

EDIT: I had previously miscalculated my rating as I did not take away the value of the players Curtis killed at the end of our previous game, just added my winnings!

Jamrowski
Committee Member

Postby Jamrowski » Fri May 13, 2016 9:04 pm

Oh where to start the sordid tale of 2 point Mediocrity.....

When the preparatory bombardment had finished, the Corporation led by a Captain America-esque figure raced down the rather open field of battle in all out attack - guns ablazing; those plucky Dwarves emerged form their foxholes and immediately opened up with MG42's and Panzerfausts.....

At this point a strange Canadian fellow (and connoisseur of Maple Syrup!) that we had adopted earlier in the evening casually pointed out that it was in fact Dreadball we were playing (and not Bolt Action) - I do wish he had said something sooner!.
Suitably chastised, copious amounts of Coaching Dice were suddenly thrown in an orgy of slams (grenades naturally having been ditched earlier moments earlier).

What followed was a veritable cornucopia (not sure what is means, but it sounds good!) of 2 point scoring; avid followers of the 2 point game were in raptures at the stunning scoring display gracefully delivered by both teams; such was the beauty our Canadian hanger-on was reduced to tears (either that or my aftershave had past the use by date...) and was forced to retreat to the bar to dry his eyes.

The re-emergence of the aforementioned Canadian was promptly accompanied by the departure from the game of the Corporations very own 'Captain America' ("All Hail Hydra!"), shortly followed by one of the Striker fraternity.....

All this free scoring is fine - except when you are vertically challenged; the novelty was wearing off; time for the Dwarves to hide behind the 'Siegfried Line'....

Oh what a game of two halves; sadly, the second half was a truly turgid affair - complete with disgruntled fans stealing hard earned Cheers. A Dwarven defensive 'masterclass' ensued.....

Shock / Contention at the death; would the avid reader believe that the Corporation could be reduce to using filthy 'Grobbi' tactics? ('Tis true I tell you - saw it with my own eyes). In an event long to be long debated by the Thanes, the Corporation actually clogged up their 4 point scoring zone (I mean the sheer audacity defies belief - only 'Greenskins' could sink so low! <Ratmen too if truth be told>). As a lover of the expansive scoring game, to deny a dwarf running the length of the pitch to score a glorious 3 pointer in the dying moments is going to get you added to 'The Book of Grudges' any day of the week (suffice to say a rather predictable 2 point score followed)....

In summary: " never has so few, thrown so many coaching dice, so frivolously"

Home / Away (wasn't this an Aussie Soap Opera?): Costa 'Grobbi' Corporation / Grim Bay Packers
Score: 0 - 4
Cheers (Bonus point for this being a TV series as well!): 2 - 2
Kills: 0 - 2
Team Ratings: 187 - 211

P.s. If anyone should fancy a demo of 'Bolt Ball' (a veritable fusion of Bolt Action meets Dreadball either myself or Dan will gladly give a demo.....) - Women just can't resist a 'Bolt Baller' ;)

P.P.S. Beware the Canadian fellow (he's still at the Duke praying on the weary)

P.P.S.S. Thank you Dan for a very entertaining game; best wishes for the remainder of your fixtures (if you can thump some 'Nameless' in the process, that would be really appreciated!)
Azzabat

Postby Azzabat » Sat May 14, 2016 4:00 pm

Badrott wrote:Home/Away: New Gangland PatriOrx / Da Pirates
Cheers: 0 / 0
New Team Ratings: 67 / 206

The away fans transports were stuck in heavy traffic and arrived once the game was already finished, and so very little cheering went on today.

And my fans wished that the PatriOrx had arrived after the game was finished. In an impressively poor performance the 4 Jacks and 1 wounded Guard remaining in the PatriOrx team had to beg, steal and bribe enough players to field a legal team, but the only Free Agents to answer the call were all Jacks.

In a seriously 1 sided game they were out classed, out fought and outskilled not only by Da Pirates, but also by their own dice, only touching the ball once, having failed, fallen over or f*cked it up every time they tried to do anything. Whoopsie Goldberg lived down to her name falling over attempting her first dash, and stayed on her arse for the rest of the match, whilst Killa "Hitz" Gerildene managed the only Slam for the PatriOrx, scoring an impressive six 2's and injuring herself for 2 turns!

Bill "Bella" Check is understood to be petitioning DIGBY to scrap the entire team and draft in a full, new roster for the remaining 3 games as this will automatically double the 'Orx Team Rating, and number of players.

Note: An enjoyable game and I'd like to thank Matt for playing the game as it should be and not taking pity on me. We iz Orx aft all. = )

C J = )
ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Mon May 16, 2016 10:33 pm

Game 7 is upon us!

Get scheduling and Play (Dread)Ball!
'Eat my goal!!'

Azzabat

Postby Azzabat » Tue May 17, 2016 12:00 pm

In a surprise turn of events, the PatriOrx have managed to find a stash of MC's down the back of the sofa and have been using it to strengthening their offences. When asked about this surprise windfall, Assistant Coach Belle Bodycheck said "It seems someone has been deflating our gate receipts, as well as deflating the tyres of our supporterters transports to give us artificially low returns since game 3. But we've ... taken care of things."

So it seems despite all their trials, and tribulations, the PatriOrx are still hanging in there.

Next on D.G.B. News ... The mystery disappearance of Commissioner Go'da Hell.

= )

C J = )
radegast6@gmail.com

Postby radegast6@gmail.com » Tue May 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Home/Away: Radegast6 - Mall Rats VS Maahes - Philaname Eagles
Cheers: 8 / ? a lot
No of kills: 0 / 4
Team Ratings before game : 166 / 196
Namless....hmmm.
So Rats dominated field for whole game, playing cheeky and hidind playes off pitch leaving only 2 mvps ( free agents? ) 2 guards and one striker on field. I defendet 3 pts left 1-2 undefended, and aimning to score 3 or 4 points. With rats speed namless had to do everything they could to do any damage. unfortunatelly I didnt knew the rule that if you dont have any players on pitch you loose 0-7, so last rush leading 4-0 and rubbing my hand with smile on face was completely suprised with my opponent play, my cheeky tactic turned agains me, having only 2 players on pitch namless had only 2 choices or they will try to score 4 pointer and draw or kill my 2 players , choice was obvious, my last free mvp and clone of Szparek died turning my great victory to epic fail. great game overall. lots of cloning after match :D . my team rating after game 155 I think.
Jamrowski
Committee Member

Postby Jamrowski » Wed May 18, 2016 1:08 pm

radegast6@gmail.com wrote: unfortunatelly I didnt knew the rule that if you dont have any players on pitch you loose 0-7.

Dirty Nameless - Boo / Hiss

I assume Curtis did the 'sporting' thing in the spirit of the league and warned you of this in advance (it's meaning just got lost in translation?) ;)

Sounds like you had players in the Subs box; can you not bring these on in your next turn? (They are eligible players I would have thought?).....
radegast6@gmail.com

Postby radegast6@gmail.com » Wed May 18, 2016 3:43 pm

I just had them ready to step in to game if I would need them. and no he did not until after killing me and annoucing victory.
This was a bit dissapointing, but t does not justify my lack of knowlage of rules.
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Thu May 19, 2016 7:30 am

Shell shockers... are you around to play me at some point?

ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Thu May 26, 2016 11:05 am

Hope everyone's games are in hand. Only a few days to go till the next one!!!
'Eat my goal!!'

Azzabat

Postby Azzabat » Sat May 28, 2016 11:12 pm

Home/Away: (Azzabat) PatriOrx vs Mall Rats (Radegast6)
Score: 3 / 0
Cheers: 8 / 3
No of kills: 1 / 0
Team Ratings before game : 112 / 166
Team Ratings after game: 129 / ???

After finally getting their long awaited backpay, the PatriOrx took to the field with renewed energy, and aided by the return of Free Agent Slippery Jo-Anne they managed to scrap a 3 - 0 win over the Mall Rats.

Taking an early 3 point lead thanks to a 2 pointer and a 1 pointer, they were riding high until the Mall Rats pulled back with a brazen
3 pointer. The game flowed backwards and forwards with each team mirroring the others efforts from Strikes scored to cheers raised and cards issued. A break from this equal ebb and flow only happened when one of the new Orx guards, Badass Knight, sent a Mall Rat to the Morgue with a massive 8 hit slam, getting the only kill of the game.

The final rush of the game saw the Mall Rats attempting to repeat their sneaky 3 pointer by dashing in behind the 3 guards blocking access to the strike zone, only to have the ball sinisterly shattered on them. Unfazed ... their secondary striker scooped up the relaunched ball, and in a run built of hopes, dreams, and successes managed to make it back into the 3 point strike zone launching a last ditch strike attempt that would have levelled the game. Having given their all earlier in the rush it was down to a single roll of the dice. Sadly there just wasn't enough in the tank and the ball bounced off the rim giving the win to the PatriOrx.

Adrian played a blinder of a game and scared the Green out of me when, after shattering the ball on him on his last rush, he still managed to get one of his strikers in a position to score. I personally would have liked it if he had and the game was a draw, as that was how evenly matched we were, and would have been a more accurate result. I always enjoy playing Adrian and his "Tricksy" Ratmen.

Tracey Hack'um got (wo)man of the match, though I suspect this was more from her 'skills' off the pitch, rather than on it!
Last edited by Azzabat on Mon May 30, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C J = )
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Mon May 30, 2016 7:53 pm

ThreeCubed wrote:Hope everyone's games are in hand. Only a few days to go till the next one!!!

Still trying to arrange another date with Gir - hopefully he will reply to my PM and we will have this sorted for the weekend or early next week.

ThreeCubed

Postby ThreeCubed » Tue May 31, 2016 4:56 pm

Badrott wrote:
ThreeCubed wrote:Hope everyone's games are in hand. Only a few days to go till the next one!!!

Still trying to arrange another date with Gir - hopefully he will reply to my PM and we will have this sorted for the weekend or early next week.

Cool. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.
'Eat my goal!!'

Return to “Dreadball League”