24 Hour Charity Event - Wargamers All Against Cancer

Moderator: Stu's Idle

Monk
Committee Member
Flag: Germany

24 Hour Charity Event - Wargamers All Against Cancer

Postby Monk » Sat May 24, 2014 11:46 am

Date - Saturday 23rd August 1200 - Sunday 24th August 1200

So my friends mum has recently been diagnosed with Cancer and he wants to look at raising money through the best way he knows. Gaming!

He is looking at running a charity 24 hour gaming event run all across the country on the August back holiday weekend.

http://minimusingofabear.wordpress.com/ ... -update-1/

There are already a number of stores and gaming companies who are in and the list is growing daily. So who would be up for a full days gaming. I am looking to see if we can sort out a venue to play for a full day.

Here is the just giving page as well - https://www.justgiving.com/WAAC All money raised from this event will be donated to the just giving page

Stu's Idle wrote:Any game is welcome, the more the merrier.

I suggest a few of the following (interest, organisation, time and space willing):

40K Armageddon: multiplayer insanity over 3-4 tables.
WFB: See 40K (but not at the same time)
Flames of War: See 40K and WFB
BA: Small and silly or massive and crazy
X-Wing: Everyone bring everything they own... all the toys (including the really big stuff) on 1/2/3 tables... what could go wrong?
Dreadball Ultimate: Enough said.
DUST: If you've not played it, try it... it's fun, I'll lend you my stuff if needed.
Infinity, Drop Zone Commander, Necromunda, Space Hulk and anything else I've forgotten/you play.
Boardgames: If you're not doing one of the above play one of these. We've loads of them (including Cards Against Humanity and Werewolves :twisted: ).
Human Buckeroo with the guy who's passed out early: I'm offering 1:2 on Merrick... place your bets...

All 'pay-to-play' monies will go to the charity. Anyone rolling 3 or more 6s* in one go will be fined 50p for the charity. Anyone rolling 3 or more 1s* in one go (CJ) will be fined 50p for the charity. Excessive behavior will be fined (cheering/gloating/swearing/moaning/crying for example), 20p to £1 depending on the degree. (This can inculde spectators and other fines may be made-up before or on the day... you've been warned).
Decisions will be made through 'popular votes' but Liam and myself (or a proxy/deputy we elect) have the final say and our word is law.

I'm working on getting some free booze (doombar) from a brewery which I will charge you for (£3 a pint) but all of that will go to the charity. I will also look into getting some tea and coffee for free from somewhere (£1 a mug), also going to the charity. All we need then is some food. Bring your own (or extra for others) or club together to order pizzas/breakfast, that I'll leave to you.

We have 24 hours to fill guys, for a very, very good cause. Come along and play your favourite games. Come along and play a game you've never played before. Come along.

*If the game you're playing doesn't use a D6 insert the appropiate 'very lucky/very unlucky' result in here.

If people want to run something let me know and myself working with Stu will put together a schedule for the tables. Dig Deep and come roll dice!
My Painting - Http://thepaintingmonkey.wordpress.com
My Ramblings - https://twitter.com/MunkeyKungFu

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
Azzabat
Flag: Canada

Re: 24 Hour Charity Event - Wargamers All Against Cancer

Postby Azzabat » Sat May 24, 2014 11:51 am

What sort of games would be played? If it's one of the systems I do I'll definitely get involved in both the playing, and in scenery if needs be.
I know the voices aren't real ... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

C J = )
KolgothMountaineater
Flag: Great Britain

Postby KolgothMountaineater » Sat May 24, 2014 1:15 pm

I'd be interested. The 24 hours of gaming at CnT was immense fun too.
That rumbling's not thunder, the great maw hungers!!

I lead the mightiest ogre horde in Bristol!

WHFB armies: High Elves, Ogre Kingdoms, Lizardmen, Skaven, Nippon Empire, Dwarf Slayers, & Orcs & Goblins.
40k armies: Black Templars & Orks
Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight & Rhulic Mercenaries
Mailifaux factions: Ten Thunders & Viktorias
Necromunda: Cawdor gang
Monk
Committee Member

Postby Monk » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Just to give people a heads up, that following discussions with Stu this will be held at the Old Duke :-D

It will be the usual £2 for a game however if you wish to pay more then that would be fantastic.

All money taken from the day will go towards the just giving campaign :-D

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
Kingpenguin

Postby Kingpenguin » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:43 pm

I'm up for that. I take it we can play a few systems?
Stu's Idle

Postby Stu's Idle » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:52 am

Any game is welcome, the more the merrier.

I suggest a few of the following (interest, organisation, time and space willing):

40K Armageddon: multiplayer insanity over 3-4 tables.
WFB: See 40K (but not at the same time)
Flames of War: See 40K and WFB
BA: Small and silly or massive and crazy
X-Wing: Everyone bring everything they own... all the toys (including the really big stuff) on 1/2/3 tables... what could go wrong?
Dreadball Ultimate: Enough said.
DUST: If you've not played it, try it... it's fun, I'll lend you my stuff if needed.
Infinity, Drop Zone Commander, Necromunda, Space Hulk and anything else I've forgotten/you play.
Boardgames: If you're not doing one of the above play one of these. We've loads of them (including Cards Against Humanity and Werewolves :twisted: ).
Human Buckeroo with the guy who's passed out early: I'm offering 1:2 on Merrick... place your bets...

All 'pay-to-play' monies will go to the charity. Anyone rolling 3 or more 6s* in one go will be fined 50p for the charity. Anyone rolling 3 or more 1s* in one go (CJ) will be fined 50p for the charity. Excessive behavior will be fined (cheering/gloating/swearing/moaning/crying for example), 20p to £1 depending on the degree. (This can inculde spectators and other fines may be made-up before or on the day... you've been warned).
Decisions will be made through 'popular votes' but Liam and myself (or a proxy/deputy we elect) have the final say and our word is law.

I'm working on getting some free booze (doombar) from a brewery which I will charge you for (£3 a pint) but all of that will go to the charity. I will also look into getting some tea and coffee for free from somewhere (£1 a mug), also going to the charity. All we need then is some food. Bring your own (or extra for others) or club together to order pizzas/breakfast, that I'll leave to you.

We have 24 hours to fill guys, for a very, very good cause. Come along and play your favourite games. Come along and play a game you've never played before. Come along.

*If the game you're playing doesn't use a D6 insert the appropiate 'very lucky/very unlucky' result in here.
Flames Of War: Soviets
Team Yankee (6mm and 15mm): Soviets
Bolt Action: Soviets
DUST: SSU aka Soviets (anyone spotted the theme yet?)
Star Wars Armada: Imperials (Space Soviets, a long, long time ago)
Epic Armageddon: Imperials (Space Soviets, in the grim, far future)
Frostgrave: Dwarves (Short Soviets)
bluffreggie

Postby bluffreggie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:53 am

Three ones in one go and Cj gets fined? Have you not seen me rollin duce he's screwed!
Ruglud
Flag: Italy

Postby Ruglud » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:38 am

sounds great!
Vyper

Postby Vyper » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:33 am

Stu's Idle wrote:*If the game you're playing doesn't use a D6 insert the appropriate 'very lucky/very unlucky' result in here.

Donations for Critical Hits would work great for Infinity. I may end up coughing up a lot of money though! On the other hand, Stuart won't be spending much at least. ;)

Overall, I'm definitely up for this, I'd like to do some late night games of Battlestar Galactica as well, once the booze and paranoia has really kicked in...
Your local Infinity War Correspondent.
Check out my wargaming blog at http://www.lead-rising.com.
radegast6@gmail.com
Flag: Poland

Postby radegast6@gmail.com » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:40 am

I can pop in after work for a game I finish 10pm. but I work next day from 10am so it has to be skirmish or board game.
Username: radegast6@gmail.com
Games -Warmachine -Khador,dreadballveer-myn,WarzoneRessurection-Mishima,2nd.ed.BauchausMilitia,Deadzone-all Warpath-Verr-myn,Infinity Ariadna, Necromunda Malifaux - GuildBoard Games-Risk,Zombies!!!,SpaceHulk,ProjectPandora,
Games to be Xwing, Wolfsung
My painting blog -http://miniaturesconversion.blogspot.co.uk/
Sceleris

Postby Sceleris » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:21 am

I'd be up for something that weekend
Josh
Committee Member

Postby Josh » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:42 am

I second late night Battlestar. I also welcome our new toaster overlord and propose number 6 for president.
Kevx3

Postby Kevx3 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Im too hyped for orks. The green banner and dice rolling across it.. I read that as WAHG.
24 wargaming... Sounds body destroyingly fun (i cant even get through a single game of 40k without feeling knackered.) ive done some 24 hour computer gaming in the past... Not for charity or anything worthwhile, just 'cause.

Depending on my own circumstances in august count me in :lol:

Vyper wrote:Donations for Critical Hits would work great for Infinity. I may end up coughing up a lot of money though!

The price you pay for getting good rolls :lol:. I have a reputation for rolling ungodly amounts of 6's on D6's though. Plus im annoying loud :shock:
Well, it's been fun.
Merrick
Flag: Macedonia

Postby Merrick » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:12 pm

Stu's Idle wrote:Human Buckeroo with the guy who's passed out early: I'm offering 1:2 on Merrick... place your bets...

Ha. My youthful exuberance means I don't need sleep!

Stu's Idle wrote:Anyone rolling 3 or more 1s* in one go (CJ) will be fined 50p for the charity. Excessive behavior will be fined (cheering/gloating/swearing/moaning/crying for example), 20p to £1 depending on the degree.

Crap. :lol:
I'll be the guy holding a cider and swearing at the dice.

I also have a fine collection of wooden spoons.

Azzabat

Postby Azzabat » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:39 pm

I can see I'm gonna need a shed load of 50p's. I'll have some Western buildings made by then so we can play DMH or just mess about with toys that really go "Pew Pew".

P.S. Instead of Human Bukaroo, is there a reverse 50p fine for "Most Creative Use Of A Razor & Felt Tip Pen" on the first Merrick ... I mean member to pass out???
Last edited by Azzabat on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

C J = )
Dead Metal
Flag: Korea North

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:57 am

One thing I thought would be pretty cool is trying to run through the whole Descent campaign in 24 hours.
"The church is near, but the road is icy. The tavern is far away, but I shall walk carefully."
Monk
Committee Member

Postby Monk » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:06 am

It can be done. I think the main campaign is about 20 hours but the expansion one is 7-10

Games currently playing
Syneri
Committee Member

Postby Syneri » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:13 am

Would anyone be interested in a game of Twilight Imperium (usually 4+ players) during this? It provides a great opportunity to actually be able to sit down and play it in one go!
A.K.A. Jan (or the WHFB Rep) - The man who runs events - Contact via @Syneri on Twitter or Syneri.Azjol on Skype

Vyper

Postby Vyper » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:50 am

i'll be down for some overly long boardgames. Seems like the ideal opportunity.
Your local Infinity War Correspondent.
Check out my wargaming blog at http://www.lead-rising.com.
KolgothMountaineater

Postby KolgothMountaineater » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Syneri wrote:Would anyone be interested in a game of Twilight Imperium (usually 4+ players) during this? It provides a great opportunity to actually be able to sit down and play it in one go!

Definitely up for this. I have the 2 expansions but am having an absolute mare locating a reasonably priced copy of the main game (I'm not shelling out over £120 for a 2nd hand one)
That rumbling's not thunder, the great maw hungers!!

I lead the mightiest ogre horde in Bristol!

WHFB armies: High Elves, Ogre Kingdoms, Lizardmen, Skaven, Nippon Empire, Dwarf Slayers, & Orcs & Goblins.
40k armies: Black Templars & Orks
Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight & Rhulic Mercenaries
Mailifaux factions: Ten Thunders & Viktorias
Necromunda: Cawdor gang
Syneri
Committee Member

Postby Syneri » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:25 pm

No probs, picked up all 3 over the weekend while at Firestorm :D

(I enjoy the game enough to warrant it - now just need some folks to play with)
A.K.A. Jan (or the WHFB Rep) - The man who runs events - Contact via @Syneri on Twitter or Syneri.Azjol on Skype

Monk
Committee Member

Postby Monk » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:39 pm

Never played it but game to try

Games currently playing
Syneri
Committee Member

Postby Syneri » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:54 pm

As with most grand strategy games it takes a turn or so to get used to the flow, then it usually gathers pace until either someone keels over due to beer, everyone ganks Ben, or we get a winner.

Sceleris

Postby Sceleris » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:39 pm

One other thought about the day is having some sort of bring & buy/table-sale/swap-shop for unwanted stuff? Sellers fee/or cut to charity?
Azzabat

Postby Azzabat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:38 pm

I like that idea. +1 from me. :)

C J = )
Monk
Committee Member

Postby Monk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:42 pm

I shall talk with stu over the next few days and put a few updates out

Games currently playing

Return to “WAAC 24 Hour Gaming Event 23/24 August”