Blood bowl 25 years on

For new forum members who want to say hi
Milkybarkid
Flag: Great Britain

Blood bowl 25 years on

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi, I'm Paul and was into warhammer fantasy, blood bowl, necromumda and 40k back in circa 1987 to 1995.

Looking to get back into Bloodbowl and learning to paint properly. Appreciate that the rules have changed abit since 2nd edition, but wondered if anyone was interested in showing me the ropes?

Thanks
Paul
nightwing

Re: Blood bowl 25 years on

Postby nightwing » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:56 am

Welcome! We have a pretty active group of Blood Bowl players here in Bristol with an ongoing open league (can run more than one team, play as many or as few games as you want). We normally meet at the Old Duke (no set night) and are active on the tournament scene as well.

I'd be happy to give you a refresher game sometime, just let me know when is good. Rules wise, we currently use the Competition Rules Pack- PDF available here; http://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/upload ... 6/CRP1.pdf

Although, this might change with Games Workshop re-releasing Blood Bowl early next year...
Milkybarkid

Postby Milkybarkid » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:00 pm

Thanks for the offer, sounds good. I'm generally free weeknights (except Tuesday) and happy to meet at the old duke or BIG (as I live in Brislington).

Perhaps Monday or Thursday next week at the old duke. It'll give me enough time to go over the CRP rules, to ensure I'm not totally green!

League sounds good and flexible so hopefully I'll enjoy the game as much as I remember.

Let me know if next week works for you and what I need to bring, if anything.
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:11 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:Thanks for the offer, sounds good. I'm generally free weeknights (except Tuesday) and happy to meet at the old duke or BIG (as I live in Brislington).

Perhaps Monday or Thursday next week at the old duke. It'll give me enough time to go over the CRP rules, to ensure I'm not totally green!

League sounds good and flexible so hopefully I'll enjoy the game as much as I remember.

Let me know if next week works for you and what I need to bring, if anything.

No problem! Next Thursday at the Duke okay? I can be there from 5 onwards.

We have boards at the Duke, I will bring rules, dice etc, so just bring yourself! I'll bring a couple of teams along- let me know if you have a preference, otherwise I'll just bring 2 at random!
Milkybarkid

Postby Milkybarkid » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi, just realised next Thursday is the bank holiday weekend and we are away. Sorry, I can still do the Monday or alternatively the following week?

In terms of teams random is fine, whatever are the simplest to get to grips with e.g. Human, elf or Orc.
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:38 am

Milkybarkid wrote:Hi, just realised next Thursday is the bank holiday weekend and we are away. Sorry, I can still do the Monday or alternatively the following week?

In terms of teams random is fine, whatever are the simplest to get to grips with e.g. Human, elf or Orc.

No problem. I can't make next Monday, so the bank holiday week i.e. week starting 29th it will have to be. I'm away for the bank holiday weekend, but Wednesday onwards I am free
Milkybarkid

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi, finally got my diary sorted and can make next Wednesday or Thursday (31st and 1st) if your still free?

I usually finish work about 5.30, but work at the other end of King Street from teh old Duke, so can be there soon after that.
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:33 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:Hi, finally got my diary sorted and can make next Wednesday or Thursday (31st and 1st) if your still free?

I usually finish work about 5.30, but work at the other end of King Street from teh old Duke, so can be there soon after that.

Thursday okay? I normally finish early, so should be there for half 5 no problem. Not sure if you've been to the games room above the Duke before- if not, there's a bell round the side, just ring and someone will come down and let you in. See you Thursday
Milkybarkid

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:40 am

Sounds great, see you then.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”