Hello

For new forum members who want to say hi
Hulkasaurus
Flag: Great Britain

Hello

Postby Hulkasaurus » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:18 pm

Hi guys, I'm Leigh.

Kinda new to wargames, in the process of building/painting a 1k Death Alliance army for AoS, so will be looking to start playing some games in the near future and then grow it to 2k!

Very much looking forward to the bloodbowl re-boot, as it combines one of my favourite hobbies with my favorite sport! Missed the original tabletop version, so only played a bit of the PC videogames. I've also started a long-term project to build a stadium ready for my future team to play their games in!

Interested in getting into either Infinity, or MERCS 2.0, but unfortunately I can't find a UK seller for MERCS, which is probably why I can't find any local players either! Infinity looks like a great game/ruleset, but i'm not a massive fan of the art style and none of the factions really appeal to me, even though I really want them to!

Thought I would just say hello and start to engage with the community.
nightwing
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Hello

Postby nightwing » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:08 am

Welcome!

If Blood Bowl is your thing, we have an active local community always happy to help out a new gamer. We mostly game at the Old Duke. If you're familiar with the PC game you probably have a decent handle on the rules already. If you're looking to build a team (and don't already have one) Greebo and Willy miniatures both do gorgeous models, and Impact are great for a gamer on a budget. 'Talk Fantasy Football' is the main Blood Bowl forum if you want to have a look and see what everyone is up to.

I'm giving a refresher game to someone this Thursday (the 1st) at the Old Duke so feel free to swing by and say hello if you like!
Trumpkin
Flag: Seychelles

Re: Hello

Postby Trumpkin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Woo! New Blood (bowl!)

Welcome, and go easy on Nightwing ;)
MOST THRUDLIKE - THRUDBOWL 2016
Third Place at Exebowl II & Rookie Wonder at Exebowl II
Stunty Chamption at ACT3
Anything But A One! Podcast - Updated Weekly

Has a thing for Nurgle... No one knows why.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”