New to Bristol

For new forum members who want to say hi
Heartsbane
Flag: Great Britain

New to Bristol

Postby Heartsbane » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi all,

I've recently moved to Bristol and now have enough of the boxes unpacked that I can get out and do some gaming!

I had a look around on the forum and couldn't readily see if there's an ongoing blood bowl league. If so, how do I get in on it?

Aside from BB, I'm also getting into kings of war, with a human army with an ever increasing proportion of painted models. I've a couple of fantasy armies for another game, so cano-one play KoW with fully painted armies toof, though the composition doesn't really work so well.

Finally, I do like a spot of x-wing every now and then. :)
Sceleris

Re: New to Bristol

Postby Sceleris » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:27 pm

They'll be others to better advise on BB and X-wing but there's a fairly decent KoW crew - normally play down at BIG Tuesdays.

http://www.bristolindependentgaming.co.uk

We're not fussy with unpainted stuff and quite a few of us have WiP armies.
Azzabat
Flag: Canada

Postby Azzabat » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:37 am

There's healthy blood bowl and x wing groups about. I know some of them play at The Duke, Tuesday nights mostly I think. I'll ask a few of them to reply to your post with more details.
I know the voices aren't real ... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

C J = )
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Heartsbane wrote:Hi all,

I've recently moved to Bristol and now have enough of the boxes unpacked that I can get out and do some gaming!

I had a look around on the forum and couldn't readily see if there's an ongoing blood bowl league. If so, how do I get in on it?

Aside from BB, I'm also getting into kings of war, with a human army with an ever increasing proportion of painted models. I've a couple of fantasy armies for another game, so cano-one play KoW with fully painted armies toof, though the composition doesn't really work so well.

Finally, I do like a spot of x-wing every now and then. :)

Absolutely an active Blood Bowl presence here. Most of us were at a tournament in Exeter yesterday hence delayed reply!

If tournaments your thing, there's a 1 day competition being run in Yate by a local player at the start of December. In the meantime we've just started a league using lower tier teams- Vampire, High Elf, Slann, Nurgle amongst teams so far.

Only 1 game in so should be no problem to slot you in!

We use the NAF Online blood bowl league manager to keep track of things as well to make it easier.

We mostly communicate via Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp to sort fixtures and generally natter. And we mostly play at the Duke down in the centre.

Basically, PM your details and we can get you plugged in to what's going on, or we'll get a few players down so we can get some games in and you can meet some of us. We don't bite... Well, most of us don't!
Heartsbane

Postby Heartsbane » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:49 pm

Thanks for the replies all! Looks like Tuesday is going to be a regular game night for me :D How are games usually arranged for KoW?

Thanks to Nightwing for pointing out the tourney in Yate. Whilst tourneys are certainly my thing, my sister in law is rather inconveniently having a birthday on that day, otherwise I'd be booked on already!
Sceleris

Postby Sceleris » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:17 pm

Heartsbane wrote:Thanks for the replies all! Looks like Tuesday is going to be a regular game night for me :D How are games usually arranged for KoW?

Thanks to Nightwing for pointing out the tourney in Yate. Whilst tourneys are certainly my thing, my sister in law is rather inconveniently having a birthday on that day, otherwise I'd be booked on already!

For KoW stick a post on the KoW sub forum and there is a Bristol KoW FB group (which i can't link you to on this PoS phone!). KoW wise Matt (Badrott on here) will be running a tournie at BIG later in the year (festive one so quite silly at times) and there is one in Cardiff on 19th Nov that a number of the locals are planning on going to.

The main KoW FB page and Mantics KoW forum

vb.manticforum.com/forum/kings-of-war

are both decent resources and offer a chance to show off/seek advice on modeling etc
Bison
Flag: Wales

Postby Bison » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:16 pm

Always good to get some new blood in the KOW scene!

Hope to see you down there on tuesdays
Monk
Committee Member
Flag: Germany

Postby Monk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi Mate, there is a massive X-Wing scene in Bristol, unfortunately it's far easier for us to organise on Facebook so it's pretty dead on here.

Here is our facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/304190226440276/

Across Excelsior and BIG we have 3 tournaments a month (Fri, Sat and Sun)
My Painting - Http://thepaintingmonkey.wordpress.com
My Ramblings - https://twitter.com/MunkeyKungFu

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG

Return to “Introduce Yourself”