Proposed X-Wing League.

maelzch

Re: Proposed X-Wing League.

Postby maelzch » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm in for certain, with the rebels!

How would any new releases get treated? or would it be a case of; "you can only use ships & upgrade cards from before X", if so, please let 'X' be the Rebel Aces! :)

(Lee here by the way - I might be a bit crap at checking threads, but I will try)
Cai
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Cai » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:42 pm

So, my hangar is based very largely upon the VT-49 becoming available sooner than later. All in all, I have 5 ships in my hangar. xD
Panzer Vor!
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:02 pm

On a rough count, so far, we have:

Skindog - Rebel
Monk - Rebel
Hung - Rebel
Vargas - Rebel
Loki - Rebel
Hymirl - Rebel
Dead Metal -Rebel
Drage Against - Rebel
Thunderchild - Rebel
jasonT - Rebel
maelzch - Rebel

Nekhromosis - Empire
nightwing - Empire
Cai - Empire
CaptainJay - Empire

Merrick - Pencils

um..

Not a problem, but if anyone was on the fence...
1 2 3 4 5
Cai

Postby Cai » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:09 pm

I'm finding their lack of faith in the Empire disturbing...

Speaking of, I may have to squeeze Mr Vader in to one of the ships in my hangar...
Panzer Vor!
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:22 pm

maelzch wrote:I'm in for certain, with the rebels!

How would any new releases get treated? or would it be a case of; "you can only use ships & upgrade cards from before X", if so, please let 'X' be the Rebel Aces! :)

(Lee here by the way - I might be a bit crap at checking threads, but I will try)

ScaredOfCrows wrote:Feel free to choose unreleased (spoiled) pilots but bear in mind you won't be able to use them until you have the model and pilot card!

Yes, you can use Ships and indeed upgrades from Rebel aces or future spoiled releases. As long as the points values are accurate and they are included in your hangar. Please bear in mind that you will need to have the actual model, pilot card and base before you can field it.

As proxied upgrade cards will be allowed in the league they will follow similar rules: Upgrade cards, proxied or otherwise, can only be used when they have been released. As ships cannot fly without all their upgrades, if you want to use an unreleased upgrade card with a pilot of a released ship, that pilot will not be allowed in games until all their upgrades are commercially available.

Do you have Cai's minerals?
1 2 3 4 5
Hymirl

Postby Hymirl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Just excuse me while I order up a yt2400 with a laser cannon turret...
Lock S foils! Accelerate to attack speed!
skindog

Postby skindog » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:54 pm

I'll jump to the imperial side
jim_lumsden

Postby jim_lumsden » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:56 pm

I'm in
Playing imperials!

Jim
Vargas
Flag: Chad

Postby Vargas » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:05 pm

I'll switch to imps too
Dead Metal
Flag: Korea North

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Ahhhh I want to put a hlc yt2400 in my hangar! But I'd probably better not just in case there's a problem at the Corellian shipyards.
"The church is near, but the road is icy. The tavern is far away, but I shall walk carefully."
bluffreggie

Postby bluffreggie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm in with Rebels!
maelzch

Postby maelzch » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:46 pm

ScaredOfCrows wrote:Yes, you can use Ships and indeed upgrades from Rebel aces or future spoiled releases. As long as the points values are accurate and they are included in your hangar. Please bear in mind that you will need to have the actual model, pilot card and base before you can field it.

As proxied upgrade cards will be allowed in the league they will follow similar rules: Upgrade cards, proxied or otherwise, can only be used when they have been released. As ships cannot fly without all their upgrades, if you want to use an unreleased upgrade card with a pilot of a released ship, that pilot will not be allowed in games until all their upgrades are commercially available.

Do you have Cai's minerals?

yarp, it's the only way I'll be fielding A Wings! :D
Merrick
Flag: Macedonia

Postby Merrick » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:57 pm

I guess I'll be Empire then. :D
I'll be the guy holding a cider and swearing at the dice.

I also have a fine collection of wooden spoons.

canadian import

Postby canadian import » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:18 am

I'm in. I'll play the imperials.
canadian import

Postby canadian import » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:05 pm

God I love the imperials. My cheapest ship in my hanger, consisting of 9 ships, is 15 points and he's PS 5!! AWESOME!
Dalkius

Postby Dalkius » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:35 pm

Sounds fun, I'll fly Imperial.
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Submit your Hangar!
If you want to play, please PM your 200 point hangar to Scaredofcrows by midnight on Tuesday 16th September.
Clearly list your choice of pilots, upgrades and their individual and total point costs using the following format.

Wedge Antilles (29) + R7-T1 (3) + Swarm Tactics (2) = (34)

Happy building!
1 2 3 4 5
bluffreggie

Postby bluffreggie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:12 pm

I went and ordered the yt2400, couldn't help myself and its defo in the hanger!!
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:07 am

I have received 4 hangars already. Good work kids!

I will not be opening messages until the deadline so don't pm questions without indicating it in the message title. Probably better to post questions here anyway.
1 2 3 4 5
Nekhromosis
Committee Member

Postby Nekhromosis » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:29 pm

To appease the fluff somewhat, can we incorperate a rule where uopn if both players have the same Unique Character Pilot both their ships revert down to the next generic pilot choice, losing any upgrades that cannot be taken by the new pilot. This way each player still gets to use that fighter but are down equal points for that match.

Just the thought of two Lukes,Vaders, Wedges, Hans etc etc facing off kinda grates my fluffy sensibilities.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie And with strange aeons even death may die."
skindog

Postby skindog » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:44 pm

an easier way would be when selecting lists you can't select the same pilot, if you both share pilots, roll off to decide who chooses first which pilots they want to use
Loki
Flag: Ireland

Postby Loki » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:07 pm

I have a limited number of ships, in one case if I wasn't able to choose the named pilot I wouldn't be able to take that ship from my hanger, if I can't take one of the ships I'm not really choosing anything just putting what's left on the table.
Bristol Vanguard - 2015 WPS Blood Bowl Champions
skindog

Postby skindog » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:27 pm

yeah, less rules is generally better.
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Nekhromosis wrote:To appease the fluff somewhat, can we incorperate a rule where uopn if both players have the same Unique Character Pilot both their ships revert down to the next generic pilot choice, losing any upgrades that cannot be taken by the new pilot. This way each player still gets to use that fighter but are down equal points for that match.

Just the thought of two Lukes,Vaders, Wedges, Hans etc etc facing off kinda grates my fluffy sensibilities.

The cloners on Kamino have gone crazy and stolen the DNA of the Galaxies greatest pilots. Chaos reigns on the outer rim as each pilot fights to prove they are the real thing.

Done!

It would also change the way so much works: Suddenly a 45 point Whisper drops to pilot skill 5 and gets eaten by a 16 point backstabber...

I feel your pain but, outside of friendlies, mirror matches are difficult to avoid! Looks like there's going to be a pretty even faction split now so it shouldn't be too bad. Also, with the number of people showing interest we're probably lookinng at a conference setup. I'll manually overide the draw if stuff ends up stupid.

We continue as is!
1 2 3 4 5
Nekhromosis
Committee Member

Postby Nekhromosis » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:43 pm

I don't see how both players taking an equal hit will be too unbalancing, even if the rest of their list is different. There is going to be a the same level of unbalance with those characters involved on both sides. And if the game is as balanced as everyone claims then I can't see too much of an issue arising.

Also, having players aware of this may make them think differently and take a character less seen as opposed to the no brianers which I bet will be appearing in many lists.

But I guess its a case of not wanting to potentially lose a character you are reliant on, but thats a hit I'm willing to take for the sake of paying some form of tribute to the Star Wars universe this game is based on.

Personally I would like to see us make some effort to honour the fluff otherwise it just becomes yet another meta dominated competetion.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie And with strange aeons even death may die."
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:56 pm

'Everything that will transpire will do so according to my design.'

'It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love democracy. I love the Republic. Once this league is concluded, I will lay down the powers you have given me.'
1 2 3 4 5
skindog

Postby skindog » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:03 pm

It is balanced, that's why there is no need to make crazy adjustments, I don't think any one is reliant on any single character. I certainly am not. I think we are pretty good here, I see lots of the less "meta" pilots used quite a bit, I also hope as a community playing a fun league with no real prize we can use our own sensible judgment & not bring the same ridiculous list (not that there is one stand out always win list) to every game, I hope we all are capable of that :P
skindog

Postby skindog » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm having great fun making my hangar, I'm even going to use Tie Fighters! (and a fair amount of interceptors.....)
Nekhromosis
Committee Member

Postby Nekhromosis » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Whats crazy about the idea if it encourages players to take other less seen pilots over the usual suspects who we all know who they are in their respective ships.

If we have fairly even sides and Ian is going to do match ups, then it will most likely only arise at the higher level of the qualifiers when player 'A' must face off vs player 'B' and then they will both have to turn their tactical skills up a notch to counter their equal handicap.

It was just a little idea to add a little fluffy quirk to the league… but thats just my thought on it. Its Ian's baby but take a consensus if we feel its a crazy adjustment. I'm cool either way. I'll be upping my game for this no matter what.

Ian - Only include it if you feel the league will benefit from it. If you don't, then don't put it in. Its your league mate, and was just an idea as per my above.
skindog

Postby skindog » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:34 pm

yeah, its fair enough, I *HOPE* we are sensible enough to know this is a bit of fun & won't bring 3x Bounty Hunter or something (although I could probably tear that list apart with almost any other list XD ) I haven't included a single big ship in my hangar, no crazy stress causing mechanics either, no Soontil Fel, I have taken Echo but that's because I like flying around in stupid circles (I actually suck at flying the phantom XD ) In my experience of leagues the more rules there are, the more people will try to break them & find loopholes & the more restrictive the league becomes, allowing people to monitor themselves should hopefully work, Ian can always just slap anyone who is being a total bender XD

Return to “X-Wing League”