BEAR WARS II - Format and Fixtures

ScaredOfCrows

BEAR WARS II - Format and Fixtures

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Following the Rebel Victory at Coruscant, the ruthless control previously exercised by the Empire has been severely disrupted. The Rebels seek to build on their success, but the Imperial fleet has rallied. Victory for either side is far from assured.
On the Outer Rim, huge criminal organisations attempt to take advantage of the power vacuum created by the conflict, dragging many of the core planets into their turf war.

The fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance and the battles for Tatooine and Bespin will be critical.

Battle for Tatooine
Skindog
Musketoon
Scaredofcrows
Nightwing
JayJayDee
Loki
Cai
Hymirl

Battle for Bespin
Domfluff
JasonT
Monk
Challl1977
Wobbly-Goggly
Vargas
Thunderchild
Eski

Games
The regular season will consist of playing all other players fighting over your assigned planet. All regular season games, should be played by Saturday 23rd May.

Regular season games should be played in any order they can be arranged. I'll create a thread. Go now. Do!

Playoffs
When the regular season is complete the top two teams from Tatooine will play the top two teams from Bespin, players ranked 3rd and 4th from Tatooine will play players ranked 4th and 3rd from Bespin and so on. Players will play 2 playoff games to determine final Bear Wars league standings.

Playing
Games will be 100 point dogfights using squadron lists built using normal squad building rules and selected from the ships in your hanger. Games are to the death. Fantasy Flight Tournament rules (New version) should be used where possible and appropriate.

Players earn League Points at the end of each game as follows:
• Match Win = 5 League points
• Draw = 1 League point
• Match Loss = 0 League points

Margin of Victory
At the end of each match, the player who has destroyed more squad points adds the amount by which his score exceeds his opponent’s score to 100 and records it. The player who has destroyed fewer squad points subtracts the same amount from 100 and records it.

If a player destroys all of his opponent’s ships, his opponent’s squad is worth 100 squad points, even if it is worth fewer squad points to begin with. If a player concedes the match, treat all of his remaining ships as destroyed.

Please include your margin of victory scores as well as the game result when reporting.

Breaking Ties
If players have identical win-loss records, the tie will be broken based upon Margin of Victory. If still tied then on strength of schedule. If after that there is still a tie then the player who wrote the most amusing and informative battle reports will get the nod.

Reporting Games
I'll make a thread. The winning player must post the results after the game. Include the Squadron lists, game results, Margin of victory scores and any report or photographs. The result will not be counted until the full lists of both players have been posted in the report. Also, try to agree on a pilot of the match and let everyone know why.

Fly Casual!
Last edited by ScaredOfCrows on Fri May 01, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 2 3 4 5
ScaredOfCrows

Re: BEAR WARS II - Format and Fixtures

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:43 pm

If you have any questions or require rulings please ask below.
1 2 3 4 5
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:17 pm

We will be using the new asteroid setup rules:

Before each game players should select any 3 unique asteroid or debris tokens. Each player then places his three asteroids and/or debris cloud tokens next to the play area to form a pool of six obstacles. The player with initiative chooses one of these tokens and places it into the play area. Then, his opponent chooses one of the remaining tokens and places it into the play area. The players continue to alternate until all six tokens have been placed. An obstacle token cannot be placed at Range 1–2 of any edge of the play area or at Range 1 of another obstacle token.
1 2 3 4 5
Loki
Flag: Ireland

Postby Loki » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:16 am

I've never actually played using the Debris Cloud and in looking over the rules for them there seems to be some debate on whether Debris clouds cause Tycho to lose his action or not (i.e. does Debris Cloud mean you lose your action and get stress token or just get a stress token, which for most pilots means the same thing anyway).

Just had a quick look and I think I'm the only one using him and I'm happy to abide by whatever you say goes Ian.

Is it lose action and stress or just stress?

Cheers,
D
Bristol Vanguard - 2015 WPS Blood Bowl Champions
Domfluff

Postby Domfluff » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:27 am

Unless they change it in the FAQ - Tycho should be able to action, yes?

Losing your action is not what Debris clouds do, they just give you stress.
Pew pew
Loki

Postby Loki » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:36 am

Basically the discussions seems to centre round what the Debris Cloud text replaces/excepts so the original 'Obstacle' text text says step 1 'skip Perform Action' step.

Debris Cloud stuff says 'step 1' is 'add stress after pilot stress check'.

I think it's as you say Domfluff it's just add Stress for Debris but would rather have it clear here than possibly cause upset somewhere down the line :D
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Yeah Tycho gets actions!

This also means he can boost/barrel roll off a debris cloud if he lands partially on one. He can only only do this if the boost/barrel roll template does not overlap the cloud token at all. He cannot boost/barrel roll onto or through a debris cloud.

Tycho 1, Debris 0.

Captain Yorr's, pilot ability will also allow friendly ships to take actions and possibly boost/barrel roll (and decloak, ha ha!) off debris clouds!

Yes Loki, you're the only one with Tycho but I also win here. High five!
1 2 3 4 5
Loki

Postby Loki » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:34 pm

I also have Keyan and Dash, hmm which Obstacles to choose? ;) :)

Not sure whether I should point this out or not but this is purely me being jammy in my list choice in comibnation with Debris being used rather than some Masterful Strategic ploy :oops: I wish I was that strategic :roll:

ScaredOfCrows wrote:This also means he can boost/barrel roll off a debris cloud if he lands partially on one. He can only only do this if the boost/barrel roll template does not overlap the cloud token at all.

So I can fly onto a Debris Cloud using a red manouver and pick up two stress tokens, barrel roll off with Expert Handeling for a stress token, PTL to do whatever for a stress token :lol: I'm defineitly going to have to see how many Red tokens I can collect in a match
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:03 pm

I want to see reports on the number of triangles you have when you die/win. You're in direct competition with Monk. He is running Dr Drea with R4-B11. I've flown Drea a few times and you can easily get 4 stress per turn re-acquiring target locks!

So, it's Monk vs Loki in a stress off!
1 2 3 4 5

Return to “X-Wing League”