BEAR WARS II - Results and Standings

wobbly_goggy

Re: BEAR WARS II - Results and Standings

Postby wobbly_goggy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Chall1977 vs Wobbly Goggy

Chall1977
Soontir Fel + royal g tie + ptl + autothrusters + targeting comp (34)
Howlrunner + predator + targeting computer (23)
Academy pilot + targeting computer (14) * 3

Wobbly Goggy
Binayre Pirate = 12
Binayre Pirate = 12
Binayre Pirate = 12
Binayre Pirate = 12
Black Sun Enforcer (25) + Autothrusters (2) = 27
Black Sun Enforcer = 25

Wobbly Goggy was given initiative and set up in two ranks of three in the near right corner, with Chall depoling a square of Ties in the centre, with Soontir off to his right flank. The two fleets practised their manoeuvres for a couple of turns, displaying some lovely formations, whilst Soontir zipped off down the right flank. He was gone.... for now...

As the opposing fleets approached each other, in the opening exchanges one Pirate was target locked three times, but after being peppered with shots, emerged virtually unscathed. The Scum concentrated fire on one Tie who was blown to smirtherreens. Soontir boosted and kept sweeping round his right...

The fleets the flew straight at it, the closest Ties and Pirates crashed into each other. The Pirates, having moved first, had the upper hand with their focus actions. They let rip on Howlrunner, who was subjected to fire from the Pirates and Vipers. A whole load of hits and a ridiculous number of blanks (3 in one go..) and Howlrunner was a Howl-gonner. And he was closely followed by an outstanding 3 blank defence by his buddy Tie fighter who decided he couldn't live without his pal.

The Scum K-turned (again in wonderful formation), as did the lone Tie, as Soontir zipped round and into firing range of one Pirate and the two Star Vipers. He opened fire on the nearer Star Viper, reducing him to three hull. The Star Viper returned fire, and combined with shots from the Pirate and (you guessed it), three blanks, Soontir was no more....leaving a lone Tie facing off against three Pirates. They opened fire and the second got ythe kill. The third had a pop because why the hell not, and the Tie rolled... three blanks. it really wasn't the Imperials' day! He returned fire before dying, hoping for a lucky one-shot kill, but two hits wasn';t quite enough....

Wobbly goggy 200 - CHall19770

The luck was definitely with me in this game! Soontir maybe should have done a slightly shorter flanking move, which would have caused me real problems with being out of arc of him, but with the rolls Chris had, not sure what would have saved him!
wobbly_goggy

Postby wobbly_goggy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Monk wrote:Looking at the table the only person that gets F*** over is me.

Err... this would make Dom finish above me by 3 points... without the extra 100/5 points, I'm ahead...
Monk
Committee Member
Flag: Germany

Postby Monk » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:16 am

Fair enough. Right dom when can you play our game?
My Painting - Http://thepaintingmonkey.wordpress.com
My Ramblings - https://twitter.com/MunkeyKungFu

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
wobbly_goggy

Postby wobbly_goggy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:06 am

Monk wrote:Fair enough. Right dom when can you play our game?

I should have kept quiet :)
Eski

Postby Eski » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:19 pm

Sorry for the delay.. Hope this is alright..

Chall vs Eski

Chall1977 - Empire
Whisper + tactician + fcs + calculation + adv cloak device (42)
Kenkirk + intimidation + seismic charges + vader + ysanne isard + rebel captive (58)

Eski - Empire
Soontir Fel (27) Push the Limit (3) Autothrusters (2) = 32
Carnor Jax TIE Interceptor (26) Push the Limit (3) Auto thrusters (2)= 31
Academy Pilot = 12 
"Howlrunner" = 18

The bottom table shoot out started with both squads in opposite corners.. The interceptors moving at a cautious speed as they try to anticipate the potential headache of the phantom; while the decimator aimed for the asteroid hoping for some cover behind some very small rocks..

Then like a flash the Phantom declocks right on top of the youngest greenish Tie Fighter pilot, hoping the head on attack will help even the odds nicely to Chall's favour.

Unfortunately he was surrounded by the Interceptors who had used the Academy as bait; flanking Whisper, and taking down shields and damage off before Whisper could take a shot.. With a burning ship; Whisper let of a volley to destroy the Tie fighter in front; but only two shots landed its mark; one of which was critical! But alas; not enough damage to take it out.. The Academy let off random shots at a now clocked Phantom; found its mark, and destroyed the ship. The Phantom broke apart and explored in gasses and Stygium crystals..

Kenkirk looked on in disbelief, and wanted to breakaway from the engagement, taking distance shoots at the highly evasive Interceptors and Tie. But with Vadar on board his ship, he needed no other motivation to carry on fighting..

As the Interceptors and Howlrunner gained mileage in stripping shields and hull, Kenkirk replied by firing his canons as well as dropping a seismic charge in the hope taking out the pair of interceptors. The damage would had been painful if it wasn't for Fel and Jax's willingless to push the engines to their limits to get out of harms way.

Vadar finally sets an example on the bridge, on how to fight in this engage; he reaches out and snuffed the life out of the Academy Pilot, which should inspire Kenkirk and his crew, to carry on the fight against the traitorous foe.

However the fight was over; all ships were in range to denied all actions Kenkirk had; and found the final mark for the kill!!

Score 188 to 12 to me
Loki
Flag: Ireland

Postby Loki » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:08 am

As a reasonable (well i think so :P ) unbiased observer (none of the games left are going to affect my placing) we are so close to getting all the matches done. Given there are two people (one from each league) on holiday; if the deadline was streched another week (obviously if they are away or unavilable for ages I'm not suggesting we wait) to allow the last few game to be played (Hymirl vs Muskatoon, Jason vs Monk, Dom vs Mink) would that be so bad?

Let me be the first to say, well done Ian another great league run and good luck to all those in the KO stages...

...oh and when does Bear Wars III start? :lol:
Bristol Vanguard - 2015 WPS Blood Bowl Champions
Domfluff

Postby Domfluff » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:12 am

I'm fine pretty much whenever, just give me a shout.
Pew pew
Monk
Committee Member

Postby Monk » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Jason / Dom. How does next Tuesday suit you?

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
Domfluff

Postby Domfluff » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Tuesday's fine
Pew pew
Cai
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Cai » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Game one from today.

Cai vs Nightwing.

I had:
Wedge Antilles (29) - Push the Limit (3), R2 Astromech (1) = (33)
Luke Skywalker (28) - Marksmanship (3), ·R2D2 (4), ·Experimental Interface (3) - (38)
Jake Farrell (24) - Veteran Instincts (1), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), Autothrusters (2) = (28)

Nightwing had:
Darth Vader (29) + Assault Missiles (5) + Predator (3) + Stealth Device (3)= (40)
Carnor Jax (26) + Predator (3) + Stealth Device (3)= (32)
Turr Phennir (25) + Determination (1) + Autothrusters (2)= (28)

Wedge and Luke deployed a little to my right of centre, and Jake took the right flank. Carnor deployed middle left, Turr was nice and central, and Vader was opposite Jake.

Turn one saw me blast full speed forwards, while the Empire was a little more cautious, but after boosts, I was in range 3 for some target locks. I fired all of my weapons at Turr, resulting in what should have been a dead ship, but, thanks to Determination, saw him only take one damage! Vader's assault missile on Jake saw some solid rolling with all 4 dice hitting home, but the ever wily Jake evaded all but one, only losing a shield to the onslaught.
Next turn, after a poorly judged K-Turn, Turr bit the space dust, as Wedge and Luke ended at Range 1 behind him, fully target locked and focussed.
The following turn saw Carnor also bit the dust (leaving Jake and Luke hanging in the open as well), thanks to this roll:
Naturals, bitch!!

Some clever flying from Vader over the next few turns saw him bring down the galaxy's best pilot, but Luke got revenge at range 3, and through a rock.

MotM was Wedge for one-shotting Carnor.

MoV: 100-33 (167-33)
Panzer Vor!
skindog

Postby skindog » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:09 pm

cheaty regional dice, rigged to roll crits I bet :lol:
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:17 pm

To be fair, that probably evened out Turr casually shrugging off 3 crits in total thanks to his Determination. Which was amusing :D
Cai

Postby Cai » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Game two from today:

Cai vs JJD.

I flew:
Wedge Antilles (29) - Push the Limit (3), R2 Astromech (1) = (33)
Luke Skywalker (28) - Marksmanship (3), ·R2D2 (4), ·Experimental Interface (3) - (38)
Jake Farrell (24) - Veteran Instincts (1), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), Autothrusters (2) = (28)

JJD flew:
Leebo (34) + Marksmanship(3) + HLC(7) + Kyle Katarn(3) + Outrider(5) + Experimental Interface(3) = 57
Ten Numb (31) + Advanced Sensors(3) + Autoblaster(5) + Outmaneuver(3) = 42

Once again, Luke and Wedge set up in the centre, slightly to the right, and Jake took the right flank.
Ten Numb set up almost dead centre, and Leebo was on my right.

Some aggressive flying from me and some conservative flying from JJD left only Jake in range on turn one. I think I popped a shield, maybe... The next few turns saw Jake stick around inside Leebo's bubble while Luke and Wedge closed in. Ten had decided to bug out for a few turns and was preparing to come back in to unleash hell with the autoblasters. A small mistake with Wedge left him in range one of a target locked, focussed Ten Numb, which was immediately capitalised on; Wedge took two hits and a critical with some perfect rolling. That turn also saw the fall of Leebo to Luke. Next turn was beautifully judged by JJD, as Wedge was once again at range 1 of Ten Numb, this time taking 3 crits! Wedge took 4 shields from Ten on the way out, but still exploded with unavoidable damage.

The rest of the game involved R2D2 saving Luke's ass as he led Ten on a dance around the board, which allowed Jake to get around behind Ten and chip away. Ten tried a K-Turn to try and swat the annoying A-Wing, but some perfect arc dodging left Ten without a shot, and Jake at range 1 to deliver the killing blow.

MotM: My vote goes to Ten for blowing up Wedge.

MoV: 100-33 (167-33)
Panzer Vor!
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:11 am

This is just amazing. Love you guys!

53 games played so far!!!

If any of the 3 outstanding games can take place next week, please post in the 'organise a game' thread and I'll delay the close until after they're played.

Current deadline for submitting regular season results is Wednesday morning.
Last edited by ScaredOfCrows on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 2 3 4 5
Vargas
Flag: Chad

Postby Vargas » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:16 am

2 results are missing:

Cai 129 - 71 Hymirl

Eski 188 - 12 Chall

Well done to Cai for grabbing the final top bracket spot!
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:20 am

I'mnot finished yet, hold on!
1 2 3 4 5
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:30 am

Oh, I had missed the Cai vs Al game though... Cheers! Looks like Cai posted 3 mins before I did the MoV adjustment post.
1 2 3 4 5
Vargas
Flag: Chad

Postby Vargas » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:49 am

Just trying to speed things up so you can respond to my pm request for a game ;)
skindog

Postby skindog » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Yeah great work everyone getting almost every game played!!!

Can't wait for the next one already!!!

Gonna start practicing for Nordics now
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Don't forget the playoffs! Opponents qualifying in your bracket could still change over the next few days.
1 2 3 4 5
Monk
Committee Member

Postby Monk » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Results from tonight.

Liam v Dom

Mov 124 - 76 to me

Liam v Jason

Mov 149 - 51 to me

Match reports to follow when my back stops spasming

Games currently playing
Hymirl

Postby Hymirl » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:53 pm

No write up? DQ'd I say!!
Lock S foils! Accelerate to attack speed!

Return to “X-Wing League”