BEAR WARS II - Results and Standings

musketoon1988

Re: BEAR WARS II - Results and Standings

Postby musketoon1988 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Results:

JayJayDee - Rebels

Leebo (34) + Marksmanship(3) + HLC(7) + Kyle Katarn(3) + Outrider(5) + Experimental Interface(3) = 57
Biggs Darklighter(25) + R2-D2(4) = 29
Tala Squadron Pilot (13)
99Pts

Musketoon1988 - Rebel

Wedge (29) + R2 Astromech (1) + Predator (3) =(33)
Tarn (23) + R7 Astromech (2) =(25)
Airen Cracken (19)
Gold Squadron pilot (18) + Ion Cannon Turret (5) =(23)
100pts

Musketoon1988 won this one with one Y-Wing lost.

So MOV is 177 for Musketoon and 23 for JayJay Dee.

After some nasty beating from Leebos HLC and the loss of a ywing i managed to smoke JayJayDees other ships and then corner Leebo. Thanks for a fun game JayJayDee!
musketoon1988

Postby musketoon1988 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Results:

Loki - Rebel

Corran Horn (35) + R2-D2 (4) + Advance Sensors (3) = 42
Wedge Antilles (29) = 29
Tycho Celchu (26) Refit (-2) = Test Pilot (0) + PTL (3) + Expert Handling (2) = 29
= 100

Musketoon1988 - Rebel

Wedge (29) + R2 Astromech (1) + Predator (3) =(33)
Tarn (23) + R7 Astromech (2) =(25)
Airen Cracken (19)
Gold Squadron pilot (18) + Ion Cannon Turret (5) =(23)
100pts

Musketoon1988 won this one with one Y-Wing lost.

So MOV is 177 for Musketoon and 23 for Loki.

Tense games and I'll be honest I feel Loki lost out on bad dice rolls preventing his Corran double taps evening the odds.

Thanks Loki for a fun game.

3 more to go I think!
Hymirl

Postby Hymirl » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:56 am

Al v Sam

3 Green ptl A-wings & Jan Ors versus 7 scummy Z95s!

Sam being more familliar with my hanger than me picked Z95s for mamy sound tactical reasons, I picked A wings because racecar.

Jan got killed to bits early and two A wings got bug zapped off the table but the rebels had done enough damage that stage the last A wing managed to finish off 3 Zs on his own to take the win with a shield remaining.

Proof you don't need high PS, you just need more than the other guy!

100 to 80

----------------

Al v Iain

Dutch, Ten @ ten and Wes @ ten versus Soontir, Echo and the yorr shuttle.

Twitchy early game with dutch playing as bait, wes jumped soontir thanks to the engine upgrade and double stressed him using R3A2 keeping him out the game. Echo flew to soontir's rescue and got into a fight to the death with Ten Numb.

Ten and Wes managed to kill soontir the turn Echo finished off Ten, Dutch picked a fight with the shuttle then failed to K turn by bumping into Wes who I forgot moves last, luckily Iain also forgot this and flew echo anticipating the k turn and ended up head to head and got dead. Then the battered Y wing and perfectly healtgy Wes hunted down the shuttle for victory!

100 to 36!
Lock S foils! Accelerate to attack speed!
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:56 am

GG Al!

Joke that we both thought Dutch could K-Turn. While you were cursing the bump and thinking you'd be facing the wrong way I'm thinking, 'S*** Echo now gon' get range oned by a f**ckin' BTL-A4!'

Echo vs Ten was great. Massive damage going back and forth with every shooting phase: Echo takes autocrit then replies with 3 damage. Rinse, repeat. Sooo f**king cool!

Resuklts added to table
1 2 3 4 5
skindog
Flag: Great Britain

Postby skindog » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Great games! was a good fun evening of X-Wing :D
wobbly_goggy

Postby wobbly_goggy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:42 am

Eski vs Wobbly Goggy

Eski:
Carnor Jax TIE Interceptor (26) Push the Limit (3) Auto thrusters (2)= 31
"Whisper" (32) Outmaneuver (3) Fire-Control System (2) Gunner (5) Advanced Cloaking Device (4) = 46
"Howlrunner" = 18

Wobbly Goggy:
lack Sun Enforcer (25) + Autothrusters (2) = 27
Black Sun Enforcer = 25
Syndicate Thug (18) + Ion Cannon Turret (5) + BTLA4 Y Wing (0) + Unhinged Astromech (1) = 24
Binayre Pirate = 12
Binayre Pirate = 12

We started with a generous smattering of asteroids around the centre of the board, the Scum deployed in a cluster in one corner, the Imperials in a loose formation on the diagonally opposite corner.

The Scum began by zooming forward en masse, the Imperials straight away starting to head through the steroid field.
Some bumping and resulted as the Scum turned about to their right to face the oncoming Imperials, who were, however, too fast for them. Some great manoeuvring by the Imperials, combined with sneaky cloaky shenanigans meant a bunch of Scummy shields being taken down for no reply. Eski made great use of his upgrades/pilots, consistently denying the Scum focus use, whilst getting re-rolls on shots. As the Scum tried to chase the Imperials around the asteroid field (well...asteroid), Whisper popped off shots for a couple of turns (after losing a shield crossing an asteroid), and the first Star Viper was toast. The Scum focussed their fire on Howlrunner and smoked that fool. They then concentrated on trying to get rid of the incredibly irritating Jax - the inability to focus at range one (which was virtually everyone every turn up to now) was too debilitating. After another pass on each other, and having taken a bunch of hits, Jax was vaporised at range as he swept around for another pass. This was not before Whisper had taken down the second Star Viper, however.
It was now Whisper vs two Z95s and a Y-WIng... which would have been a lot easier if the Y-Wing's turret could shoot 360 degrees...
The Scum looked done, clunkily turning about trying to get the hated phantom into their sites. Scummy doom looked a dead cert, until he decloaked and zipped forward in front of the Y-Wing... who then revealed a 4 K turn and appeared behind him (he would have crashed if the Tie hadn't gone forwards). This turn would be decisive.... The Phantom had easily weathered a bunch of shots thanks to his frankly obscene amount of defence dice, so surely he would survive another turn...? He then revealed a hard left, as he attempted to swing around (and presumably take out the Z95s from behind/the side) but promptly crashed into an asteroid. Right on top. The Y-Wing took aim, hit, hit, crit and BOOM! Bye bye Whisper. Cue completely stunned face by WG.... whaaaaat? How is he dead? After all those defence dice how was he suddenly dead? But, he was.

Final score:
Wobbly Goggy 148 - 52 Eski

Man of the match for me was Whisper - apart from the crash at the end he was impossible to get hold of or hit. He was great!

Very enjoyable game, cheers Steve! :)
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Yeah, your face when...! Well played.

Results added totable + Nightwing MOV and Games played corrected.
1 2 3 4 5
Loki
Flag: Ireland

Postby Loki » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:54 pm

Loki vs Nightwing

Nightwing - Empire
Boba Fett (39) + HLC (7) + Proximity Mines (3) + Vet Instincts (1) + Navigator (3) + Slave 1 (0) + Anti Pursuit Lasers (2)= 55
Academy Pilot (12) = 12
Carnor Jax (26) + Predator (3) + Stealth Device (3)= 32
= 99

Loki - Rebel
Wedge Antilles (29) = 29
Tala Squadron (13) + Concussion Missile (4) = 17
Bandit Squadron (12) = 12
= 100

Wedge and Z-95's lined up in the middle with Corran on the left flank. Academy Tie and Carnor were lined up in the center with Fett opposite the E-wing. First turn Corran headed into the middle to join the Z-95's and Wedge. Imperials moved towards the center. Next turn the Tie charged forward to try and disrupt the Rebel formation. The shields on Tala squadron were swapped for the Tie, Carnor also took a Crit which popped his Stealth Device and meant he was PS0 for the rest of the match. In the next couple of turns, Carnor and Fett killed Tala and Wedge for the loss of Carnor. Corran and Bandit got in behind Fett and the Z-95 slowly stripped the hull from around Boba as Corran took some long range shots and tried to catch up to the action, a series of crits on the Firespray impeding any hope Boba had of springing any surprises by sucking up actions. To add insult to injury none of of Boba's shots would land on the Bandit.

Win to Loki
MOV 154 - 46

Some very average and in many cases distinctly worse than average green dice results really hurt Matt tonight.

Think lowly Bandit was probably MotM
Bristol Vanguard - 2015 WPS Blood Bowl Champions
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Fri May 01, 2015 6:31 am

Bandit definitely MotM! I think someone switched Fett's HLC for a laser pointer this game...
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Fri May 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Results added to table
1 2 3 4 5
Vargas
Flag: Chad

Postby Vargas » Thu May 07, 2015 7:01 pm

Vargas vs Thunderchild

Vargas: IG88B&C, inertial dampeners, stay on target, autothrusters, IG2000, HLC on C, mangler cannon on B.

Thunderchild: Wes - R3A2, hull upgrade, VI. Keyan - opportunist, advanced sensors, C3P0
2x bandit Z95s.

Vargas 151 - 49 Thunderchild

From out of nowhere the recent Rebel surge had seen them establish control over Bespin. Imperial fleets had been overpowered and the scum and villainy scattered. IG88 stood between the rebellion and long term domination of the system.

The rebels played an unusual opening turning one way and then back again. IG88C crept forward to engage at range at range 3 whilst IG88B flew wide to flank. After an initial volley of shots IG88C made a daring boost forward and k turn to land at the side of the rebel formation. The rebels carried on past with the exception of stress inducing Wes who skilfully kept himself safe and out of arc - luckily for IG88, Wes had no-one in arc either. The IGs poured shots into a Z95 and destroyed it taking little damage in return.

IG88C powered out into a safe position whilst IG88B aggressively s-looped expecting we'd to fly past who unexpectedly did a one forward exposing the already stressed IG88B to Wes and R3A2. Keyan also turned in to engage. Wes fired first and despite not doing damage, stripped IG88B from his token allowing Keyan to boost his attack with opportunist and getting a free focus for his trouble - he already had a target lock...ouch! Gary played it nicely and I flew into his trap. IG88B had lost its shields and had two stress - not good for an aggressor at all. However the aggressors fires back stripping Wes's shields and hull upgrade. IG88B broke suddenly using his inertial dampeners giving him a third stress and wes and Kenyan flew into him protecting him for another round. IG88C chipped away at Keyan but only taking a shield at a time. The game at this point turned into a demolition derby with IG88B using his base to block as much as possible without taking return fire. He was going to die and did but did enough to allow IG88C to snipe Wes off the board with his HLC.

The game was now IG88C (5 hull & 1 shield) vs a one health Z95 and Keyan on 3 hull and 3 shields. A sneaky move from IG88 left Keyan facing the wrong way and stressed and the raining Z95 in arc which IG88 duly dispatched.

Keyan couldn't keep up with IG88 and despite his higher PS he was sniped to death at range three. IG88C finished with 4 hull.

This was the best game to date in the league and Gary flew his rebels with skill.

Pilot of the match goes to Wes whose influence on the game really shaped how it was played.
Last edited by Vargas on Fri May 08, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monk
Committee Member
Flag: Germany

Postby Monk » Thu May 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Monk v Eski

"The show's not over until the Fat Lady sings!" - Some smart arse at the Opera

Monk
Kath Scarlet Firespray-31 (38), Push the Limit (3), K4 Security Droid (3), Inertial Dampeners (1), Engine Upgrade (4) = (49)
Palob Godalhi HWK-290 (20), Blaster Turret (4), K4 Security Droid (3) =(27)
2 x Binayre Pirate (12)

Eski
oontir Fel (27) Push the Limit (3) Autothrusters (2) = 32
Carnor Jax TIE Interceptor (26) Push the Limit (3) Auto thrusters (2)= 31
"Whisper" (32) Outmaneuver (3) Fire-Control System (2) Gunner (5) Advanced Cloaking Device (4) = 46

Steve had took the initiative and elected to take it to enable him to have Whisper move and shoot before Kath. I deployed my mini swarm in the middle and Kath on the left directly opposite Whisper, with Howlrunner and Carnor running in formation on the other side.

The first few turns saw me move cautiously up the left side with the swarm turning away from carnor and howrunner who were bombing it up the flank. Howrunner turned in and there was not much action for a few turns. Kath managed to get a bead on a tokenless Phantom who thought themselves save, yet despite rolling a crit and 2 hits. The phantom pulled out 3 natural evades. Carnor and Howrunner closed up and the next few rounds saw palob and both of the Z's disintigrated without any damage being passed the other way. Things were looking bad, as Kath managed to lose a shield by misjudging a turn and landing on a rock.

Kath however turned into the action in the corner and after the phantom overshot into Kath's rear arc, the inertial dampenders came out and she stayed where she was hoping the dice gods would bestow some hot dice my way, as it had been all Steve so far. Howrunner however (Who kath had a target lock on) didn't end up bumping and landed in Range 1. Howrunner took the last of Kath's shields off and Kath returned the favour by obliterating Howl into next week.

1 Down, 2 to go.

Kath turned her site on Carnor and shot up the board. Fully turtled up, Carnor managed to just sneak into range 1 and deal 4 damage to Kath. Return fire. Blank, focus, focus, focus..... Well S***!

A few maneuvers later and Cath and Carnor were jousting as the Phantom edged closer incase I tried to dodge away. Carnor pounced first but could only do 1 damage. Kath was still in the fight. Next thing. Bang, Carnor was out in the return fire.

2 Down. The trickiest of all fights was the phantom. With no way of knowing where it would go I held on for dear life. Surviving the 1st volley Kath managed to land 3 hits and take this to the final turn.

Both ships were set up and Steve had a perfect manouever that would have Kath bumping and leaving Steve in a much better position for the next turn. Instead Steve barrel rolled closer to Kath leaving just enough room for the gentle 1 right to clear, allowing Kath to boost out of arc and Finish off the Phantom.

Result - Win to Monk 100-51

I lucked the crap out of the end and Steve had me bang to rights for most of the game. My flying was crap, decision making was worse and Steve's red dice were nuclear. That was one victory that I definitely did not deserve.

MOV
Monk - 149
Eski - 51
My Painting - Http://thepaintingmonkey.wordpress.com
My Ramblings - https://twitter.com/MunkeyKungFu

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Sat May 09, 2015 11:45 am

Results added to table
1 2 3 4 5
Vargas

Postby Vargas » Thu May 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Vargas vs Monk

Vargas: IG88 B&C, stay on target, advanced sensors, inertial dampeners, autothrusters, mangler cannon B, HLC on C.

Monk: Kath (PTL, K4, inertial dampeners, engine upgrade), palob (K4, blaster turret), two basic Z95s.

Vargas 152 - 48 Monk

Top quality game. Liam pulled out some excellent moves that squeezed the aggressors movement. The aggressors love flying against formation flyers and Liam began looking like he would then quickly spread them out. Kath flanked. The positions of Liam's ships and asteroids made me switch my fire about meaning I was getting hits but not removing ships. The longer this went on the better for Liam. I initially went after Kath stripping her shields but then decided to finish off the two Z95s that were continually suffocating the aggressors movement and forcing them to stay in Kaths rear arc of doom. It worked well as both Zs popped in a single turn but left me with IG88B on a single hull point and IG88C on 3. Kath was teetering on 3 hull points herself. The aggressors rounded on kath and it didn't look good for her. She was facing the edge of the board and therefore had to turn on or fly off it. The aggressors moves into position for the turn to fire without receiving a shot back. Kath however edged forward one meaning she would get her shot but would die next turn. The shot she had was on IG88B at range 3 with a target lock and focus token. She got her 4 hits and IG88B could only cancel 3 and final dying. This left IG88C on 3 health vs Palob who had been a spectator for most of the game on full health. This should have been easy for IG88C but despite a HLC and continual target locks his dice were abysmal whilst Palob was a natural evade king! Thank god for autothrusters or this would have been a win to Liam. Eventually the hits got through on palob and IG88 finished with three hull points.

Some particularly weird dice also made the game interesting. Every time either one of us was exceptionally lucky or unlucky the other would match it.
Monk
Committee Member
Flag: Germany

Postby Monk » Thu May 14, 2015 6:58 pm

Never thought I'd see the day that flying kath off the board would be a fantastic tactical decision :-)

Was a fantastic game though. So finely balanced.
My Painting - Http://thepaintingmonkey.wordpress.com
My Ramblings - https://twitter.com/MunkeyKungFu

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Thu May 14, 2015 8:11 pm

Sounds like a great game.Picturing Kath looking inthe wing mirror, 'Almost there, almost there!'.

BTW due to regionals, nationals and other X-Wing events happening over the duration of the league, I have decided to give you all 2 extra weeks to get your games played.

New deadline is:
Sunday 7th June!

Results added to table.
1 2 3 4 5
Cai

Postby Cai » Thu May 14, 2015 11:41 pm

So, having unfortunately missed Nightwing (sorry, buddy!!), Loki and I decided to play a game after he finished his match against JayJayDee.

I was using my All Star line-up:
Wedge Antilles (29) - Push the Limit (3), R2 Astromech (1) = (33)
Luke Skywalker (28) - Marksmanship (3), ·R2D2 (4), ·Experimental Interface (3) - (38)
Jake Farrell (24) - Veteran Instincts (1), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), Autothrusters (2) = (28)

Loki was using an All Star line-up of his own:
Keyan Farlander (29) = 29
Dash Rendar (36) + Stay on Target (2) + Navigator (3) = 41
Wedge Antilles (29) = 29

Loki gave me the initiative, meaning Jake and my Wedge were shooting first.

I set up Luke roughly centre with Wedge next to him on the right, and Jake further over on the right.
Loki set up Keyan and Dash pretty much opposite Luke and Wedge (but further to my left), and left Wedge alone opposite Jake.

First turn was fairly straight forward, with the X-Wings and Keyan moving flat out towards each other, and Dash and Jake creeping forward. No one engaged this turn.
Turn two saw my Wedge and Luke turn toward their opposite Wedge, and Jake float a bit closer. Jake's shooting was ineffective, but Wedge and Luke really brought the pain, bringing Other Wedge down in one turn! Everything went south from here for Loki. Of the next twenty or so evade rolls, maybe half a dozen weren't blanks. I feel like I flew pretty well to keep both Dash and Keyan in arc of someone, but as this list is built around maximising everyones firepower, Dash and Keyan never stood a chance with those defense rolls.

Final score: 100:0 to me (200:0 MOV). Man of the match for me was Jake, as he put shots on to every ship, and was never out of the action while Luke and Wedge hauled their X-Wings around.
Panzer Vor!
Loki

Postby Loki » Fri May 15, 2015 8:31 am

Loki vs JayJayDee

JayJayDee - Rebels
Biggs Darklighter(25) + R2-D2(4) = 29
Red Squad Pilot (23) + R5-K6(2) + Flechette Torpedoes(2) + Munitions Failsafe(1) = 28
Gemmer Sojan (22) + A-Wing Test Pilot(0) + Cluster Missiles(4) + Munitions Failsafe(1) + Deadeye(1) = 28
Tala Squadron Pilot (13)
= 98

Loki - Rebel
Wedge Antilles (29) = 29
Tala Squadron (13) + Concussion Missile (4) = 17
Bandit Squadron (12) = 12
= 100

JJD's Force set up on his right flank and proceeded to advance down that flank. Wedge was head up on the opposition block with my Z-95's holding the centre, Corran was to my right of the Z-95's away from opposition Block. Wedge and Z-95's advanced and angled into the advancing Rebels, Corran flew wide to come in behind the enemy flight. Briggs did his job in the first round of shooting, loseing some shields. As the dogfight spilt missles passed each other in flight, Wedge taking a flechette missle to the face and Red Squadaron lost its shields to my Tala's Concussion Missles. As he was further out Corran could target the A-wing without Biggs interferance, his double-tap netted 3 damage on Gemmer.

The end of the first pass Red and Gemmer destroyed, with Wedge down to 2 hull and the Bandit doing it's best not to fly off the board. At 4 on 2 with prety evenly matched ships it wasn't going to be much of a contest. My rebels picking-off Biggs and JJD's Tala in turn.

Win to Loki
MOV 200 - 0

First couple of rounds of shooting hurt JJD, his dice Red and Green were worse than my dice.

Wedge was probably MotM doing alot of damage, mostly as he got to shoot first and is a git and removes a green dice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loki vs Cai

Win to Cai
MOV 200 - 0

Think Cai's got it pretty spot on in his report, just to be clear in the first round of shooting Wedge rolled 7 green dice and got 7 blanks :( D**K, All-Star my... :lol:
Thunderchild

Postby Thunderchild » Fri May 15, 2015 12:54 pm

"Management of many is the same as management of few. It is a matter of organization." – Sun Tzu.

The Lists.

Thunderchild:

Lt Blount – VI, Assault Missiles.
Tarn Mison – R7 Astromech
Gold Squadron Pilot – Ion Cannon Turret, R2 Astromech, BTL title.
Bandit squadron Pilot x2

Eski:
Carnor Jax – PTL, Auto thrusters.
Whisper – Outmanoeuvre Fire Control System, Gunner, and ACD.
Howlrunner.  

After having my arse handed to me by Scum Bobba in two recent games the sight of a Firespray in Stephens hanger filled me with dismay, three losses to Firesprays in a week!? Not if I can help it. With that in mind I decided to give Wes a rest and went for a Rebel swarm in the hopes of bringing the Firespray down with sheer numbers.

Luckily for me the Firespray stayed in the hangar and Carnor, Whisper, and Howl came out to play.

I set my forces up towards the middle of the board; asteroids were placed in a graceful arc starting from my lower left curving towards the upper right. The bandits went down first with the Y-Wing further off to the left, Tarn joined the Y and Lt Blount slotted in behind his Bandit wingmen. With a Phantom on the board I wanted to spread as wide a net as possible so that hopefully no matter what some ships would be able to catch it in arc.

The Imps got into formation in the upper right hand corner with Whisper leading the way. I moved up quite quickly turn one as I hoped to pin the Imperial force into the corner and deny as many of the phantoms de cloak options as possible. Combat began with Lt Blount letting loose with his trusty ass missile against a de-cloaked Whisper, the missile struck home taking the phantoms shields and causing some damage to the nearby Howlrunner.
Carnor fired on the closest Bandit removing it's shields, Whisper responded to his attackers by unleashing hell on Bandit1 tearing into the unlucky ship and destroying it in a single volley at point blank range! Tarn fired next; the young pilot had Whisper in his sights and managed to get a couple of hits onto the Phantom. Whisper had re cloaked thanks to ACD and so I was not expecting anything to make it through but it seems the green dice were not in the mood to play and despite rolling five dice 3 blanks and two focuses resulted in one dead Whisper! Bandit2 took a range one shot at Carnor and managed to get a crit through which resulted in a direct hit!

After that the rest of the game wrapped up quite quickly, the surviving Bandit cut a hard right and managed to block Howlrunner the rest of the squad moved so that they formed a firing line between two asteroids severely limiting where Carnor could go, he attempted to squeeze through the blockade but couldn't quite make it ending up in range one of Tarn, Blount and the Y-Wing. Lt Blount proceeded to finish off Carnor whilst Tarn and the Y-wing put the final shots into Howlrunner ending the game.

Man of the match has to go to Tarn for taking out the Phantom with two unmodified hits at range three.  

MOV: Thunderchild – 188 Eski - 12

Thunderchild

Postby Thunderchild » Fri May 15, 2015 5:44 pm

"It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal, engage them; if fewer, defend against them; if weaker, be able to avoid them." – Sun Tzu.

The Lists.

Thunderchild:

Lt Blount – VI, Assault Missiles.
Tarn Mison – R7 Astromech
Gold Squadron Pilot – Ion Cannon Turret, R2 Astromech, BTL title.
Bandit squadron Pilot x2

Jason T:

Prototype A-wing – Chardaan Refit.
Gold Squadron Y-Wing – Ion Cannon Turret x2
Blue Squadron Pilot – Ion Cannon x2
Bandit Squadron Pilot

This was going to be fun! A Rebel Swarm versus a Rebel Swarm, I took the initiative as there was going to be a lot of same PS shooting this game. Asteroids went down in a cluster with two lots of large rocks in the middle of the board with two smaller nearby forming a rough quad, two debris fields completed the set up and they were placed towards my lower left hand side.

I set my Bandits and Y-Wing up near the centre then Jason proceeded to place his squadron down in a strong box formation near my top left hand corner. I placed Tarn and Blount to the right of my Bandits with Blount hugging the right hand board edge.

First couple of turns were uneventful, I moved my squadron cautiously towards the asteroid field, I wanted to avoid it if possible but at the same time wasn’t afraid to push through it if it meant getting some decent shots off at the opposing Y-wings, Jason was packing a lot of ion ships so they had to be dealt with if I was going to have any chance of winning and if I had to fly through asteroids to get to them then so be it. Jason banked his squad hard left travelling parallel to the field to his left hand side of the board save the Awing who tore off through a gap in the debris field in an attempt to flank my squad.

Next turn Jason's A-wing caught me by surprise and cut a hard left into the asteroid field giving it a superb shot on my leading bandit that had Kturned hoping for the incoming B-wing to overshoot it instead it was now facing the wrong way with a stress token and an A-wing in its face at point blank range. My Y-wing expecting a joust with the prototype had pulled an easy one that put it completely out of arc and facing the wrong direction (pro skills) the rest of his formation split with the B-wing moving into the field and bumping the Bandit and his Y's and Bandit continuing their journey to the leading left hand edge of the asteroid belt. Tarn and Blount continued to power down my right hand side, my hope was that Jason's formation would not split any further as I was really counting on Blount's missile to do some damage to multiple targets.

I'm going to try and summarise the combat of the next couple of turns as it's a bit hazy and there's a lot to remember. The fight in the asteroid field resulted in my bandits blocking the B-Wing for as long as they could successfully manage to keep it in place until finally the Y-wing was able to rejoin the fight and bring it down, this did however cost me the Bandits. Meanwhile to my right Tarn and Blount finally make it into range, the ass missile goes off stripping a Y-wing its shields and hurting the one next to it Tarn puts two more damage onto the Y. Next turn an Ioned Blount does a little damage before being brutally assaulted by the A-wing, a Y-wing and a Z95 resulting in one dead Blount, Tarn Kturns and manages to nail the damaged Y-wing in return. At this point I'm down three Z95's and it's looking bleak.

My Y-wing rushes to Tarns aid who is currently being Ioned towards the board edge by the surviving enemy Y-wing, despite his consoles exploding Tarn still manages to take down the enemy Z95 that unfortunately pulled too tight a turn bringing him in arc, I try to intercept Jason's Y-wing as this thing is about to escort my one advantage I have left off the board but fail miserably and park my guy on a rock (no damage phew)! Tarns slightly higher pilot skill is the only thing keeping me in this at the moment and I can't loose him. Tarn meanwhile is having a whale of a time wrestling with his unresponsive controls and using R7 as much as he can to interfere with the torrent of Ion shot's coming his way, one by one his shields are being stripped away, to make matters worse the A-wing is also having a pop at him but somehow he manages to hang in there.

My Y-wing pulls a crazy 4k and manages to be in a range one arc of the other Y-wing, it proceeds to pump out some blistering unmodified shots at the enemy Y resulting in it being Ioned (see how you like it!) R7 saves Tarn from going off the board a modified ICT re roll is evaded and Tarn pulls a hard three away from the board edge and back into the fight. My Y-wing moves up to catch the pursuing shield less A-wing and despite landing hits Jason rolls natural evades and the A-wing lives. Tarn vents  his frustration out on the enemy Y-wing finishing it off before both my ships pull one more 4k and bracket the A-wing putting the final shots into it for the win.

A fantastic game indeed, it was awesome seeing ten ships going at it on the same table and the fact that the majority were the same pilot level really made for an interesting and tense match.
Man of the match has to be Tarn, he managed to bring down three ships one whilst ioned.
Droid of the match is going to R7, if it wasn't for him and his ability Tarn would have been off the board, by managing to keep my higher PS pilot in the game the plucky droid helped me get the win.

MOV – Thunderchild – 153 Jason T - 47

ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Sat May 16, 2015 5:37 am

League rules: 'If after that there is still a tie then the player who wrote the most amusing and informative battle reports will get the nod'.

Better not tie with Gary.

Great work bud!
1 2 3 4 5
Loki

Postby Loki » Sat May 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Doesn't mean you get to ignore results above Gary's, even if Cai did take loads of points off me ;)
Hymirl

Postby Hymirl » Tue May 19, 2015 11:10 pm

Hymirl V Jayjaydee!

3 Green Squadron & Jan Ors V Biggs, Gemmer, Red Squadron & Tala

Set up more or less opposite each other, I turned into the asteroids to try and break up JJD's formation when we engaged which didn't work out well as he fired everything at the lead A wing blasting it apart in a volley of lasers and missiles. At this point the remaining A wings used PTL to turtle under piles of tokens and went for the blocking play, Gemmer overshot and got ion'd for her trouble. Biggs lost his shields and took a blinded pilot critical but made it out the furball and got R2D2 to regenerate the shields. Jan then took a long detour around a load of rocks to turn around and stopped being very helpful but the green squadrons managed to circle around and after some intense battling as the Tala and Red squadron K-turned took both of them out. Biggs cruised back in for a range one shot with target lock and focus then realised he was blinded, while Gemmer flunked her rolls to help and the furious greens blasted Biggs apart with range one retaliation.

Jan finally got back involved and ion turreted Gemmer and it was all over.

A real game of two halves, the exchange evaporating an A wing at the start of the game gave me serious pause about how I could come back against a 4 ship rebel build with higher PS than mine. Dice seemed to like me more as the game went on!

Victory! 100 to 20.

Hymirl V Nightwing!

3 Green Squadron & Jan Ors V Darth Vader (stealth, predator, assault missiles) & Boba the Fett with all the things... 

A five point initiative bid is pretty impressive and made sure Darth and Boba where shooting first. We pretty much approached head on diagonally over the board for the first pass, Vader target locked but ended up in range one of his target and unable to throw the assault missiles into my helpfully close packed formation to make up for it he beat up the front green squadron with lasers while Boba hit another with the heavy laser, combat closed in, Vader and Boba started slapping Jan around which was a bad start for the hawk.

I dumped all my firepower into Fett who wiffed defence roll after defence roll and took a stunned pilot crit, after that operation stand in front of slave one came into effect and he pretty much bumped himself to death, Darth then killed Jan in revenge and went hunting after the scattered A wings.

But hunter became hunted as the three Green Squadron gamely gave chase to the Dark Lord, sadly their limited firepower was no threat to the stealthed Tie Advanced as he chipped health off A wings here and there, dodged arcs and seemed increasingly unlikely to be lose the fight until Matt tried an all too brave hard 3 to hide behind an asteroid and clipped the edge, beached and tokenless only two green squadron had arcs, at range 3, though a rock, without modifiers available. The last shot scores two hits, and despite throwing 6 green dice Vader obviously loses both shields and the stealth. Getting aggressive now the end is was nearer all three go full attack and manage to conga line into Darth blocking him and shooting him dead.

Victory! 100 to 40

4 wins on the board! Serious face on, Cai I'm coming for you next! :D
Lock S foils! Accelerate to attack speed!
jasonT

Postby jasonT » Thu May 21, 2015 10:34 pm

Tonights action. Myself vs chall1977
I ran blue b, ion cannon and fcs
2 gold y wings with ion cannon turrets
Bandit
Prototype A with chardaan

Chris ran. Whjsper+tac+fcs+calc+adc
Kenkirk+intimidation +seismic+vader+ysanne+captive.

Rocks and debris littered the centre of the engagement area and the two squads deployed in opposite diagonal corners. The opening moves saw the rebels bank hard right and move along parralel to thier base edge the empire ships came down to meet them.
With the fleets closing the rebels pulled left slightly and the decimator powered in to meet the rebel guns.
Kenkirk must have ben expecting rebel shenanigans as he ordered whisper to k turn so the vt49 faced the rebels alone for the first volley. When the smoke cleared the vt had been stripped of shields and was double ioned. Driffting and being circled by preying y wings the lumbering bulk of the decimator had no chance. It was double ioned again and hoping to save his ship and his ass kenkirk left the combat area (persuaded by ion)
The rebels had not gone without losses the new bandit pilot was vaped and a smattering of shields had been stripped. Whisper began her dance and despite a valiant effort to ballet and waltz through the storm of fire there was nowhere left to hide vs four rebel ships all.closing on her.

Mov chall 12
Myself 188

Man of the match. Both y wings.
Chris if i could offer an opinion. Strip it down to basics. Dont run so many cards when you are learning.
Its an easy game to learn but hard to master. Pleasure to meet and play you. Thanks for the game and for taking the cheezy ion like a man :-)
#jtuvminis on twitter
Vargas

Postby Vargas » Thu May 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Vargas vs Eski

Vargas - IG88 B&C, advanced sensors, autothrusters, stay on target, inertial dampeners, HLC on C, mangler on B.

Eski - Soontir Fel, auothrusters, PTL, Carnor Jax, autothrusters, PTL, howl runner, academy tie.

Vargas 200 - Eski 0

The academy tie flanked whilst the interceptors supported by howlrunner flew in formation towards the Aggressors. The Aggressors used their positional abilities to jump back and forth and ensuring firing arcs were locked onto the interceptors. Fel and Jax were able to put some serious hurt on IG88C but Fel died in the process. Howl runner popped shortly afterwards leaving Jax and an academy tie to duke it out against the brobots. Jax fell and the academy tie gave up being chased and went full on into IG88B whose mangler cannon blew him to bits.

One win away from going 7-0. JasonT next...
jasonT

Postby jasonT » Thu May 21, 2015 11:12 pm

More action.

Myself vs vargas

I ran blue b wing+fcs+ion cannon
2× gold y wings + ion cannon turrets
Bandit
Prototype A with chardaan
Vargas ran ig88 bast@£d
Ig88 $##it pants
I was expecting a tough game here. We were not dissapointed.

The asteriods were quite loose i thought. Decent gaps in the mid field with no real bottle necks.
Deployment. Rebs left hand corner facing up board. Scum his right hand corner facing left.
Opening moves saw the rebs turn hard right and move along the base edge. The scum followed suit allong there edge. Both sides sought the open centre and both sides turned in on turn 3. Rebs slowed and the first shots were at extreme range 3.the unlucky bandit (new pilot again) lost both shields and a hull and started wondering if he should have listend to his uncle and stayed on the farm.
The range closed but with the rebels holding the middle in formation the agressors had to split. Despite this they punished the slow y wings. A quick joust and a flurry of shots and one of the ig88's was in trouble. Double ioned facing an asteroid and with shields failing. His partner had had to briefly disengage and was now at extreme range. In amongst the chaos the z95 was obliterated and the prviously damaged y was hit hard again and put on the endangered list. The a wing pilot thew his ship in the way countless times to force the agressors into unfavourable positions. Both sides were fighting hard. The first agressor went down and the second was taking hits but the rebs also suffered the destruction of the limping y wing
and the a wing. The sides came together again the bwing comming of worse in the 3 exchange and repositioning for another go. Guns armed ready to fire and then the agressor self imolates. Two relived rebel pilots head of home for tea and biscuits and a cracking good tale to tell.

Cracking game. Close. Tense. Fun. All about the flying and positioning to maximise and deny opportunity and reliability from actions. Double ion was a killer. That ship floated on a rock and got punished just when the other was not in optimal position. This gave me the edge from then on but it was no walk over.
I think we both played at the top of our game tonight. Well played sir. Loved it.
Mov vargas 49
me 151

Man of the match A wing
#jtuvminis on twitter
Vargas

Postby Vargas » Thu May 21, 2015 11:15 pm

You played it perfectly! Well deserved, and thanks for the excellent game.
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Fri May 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Nice work Vargas. 1104 MOV confirms 1st place at Bespin!
1 2 3 4 5
ScaredOfCrows

Postby ScaredOfCrows » Fri May 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Results added to table.
1 2 3 4 5
Vargas

Postby Vargas » Fri May 22, 2015 9:42 pm

I think a few results are missing:

Cai 200 - Loki 0