Turn 1 Games Page

Moderators: bluffreggie, Josh

faith is my shield

Turn 1 Games Page

Postby faith is my shield » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:45 pm

The Thousand Son wait for any imperial challenge to take us on in the tunnels of DOOM!

I am free any evening next week onwards.

Points 1000

:twisted:
Stuart
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Turn 1 Games Page

Postby Stuart » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi Marcus have you had/ arranged this game yet? Can do Thursday if not
faith is my shield

Postby faith is my shield » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:46 pm

Hey buddy,

No, due to spoils its been a little slow but if your up for this, then Thursday would be idea. Are you happy with 1000pts an troops only? I know the duke has some tunnel boards but I think its only 4X4.

because of parking, can we play 7pm onwards?
Stuart

Postby Stuart » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Yeah sure are we doing troops only or infantry (& beasts?) only? What type of tunnels game? I think there's already been a game granting deepstriking infantry so could do the bomb version or invent a new one
Trumpkin
Flag: Seychelles

Postby Trumpkin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Stuart wrote:Yeah sure are we doing troops only or infantry (& beasts?) only? What type of tunnels game? I think there's already been a game granting deepstriking infantry so could do the bomb version or invent a new one

Tunnels grants Deep Strike, Go In Quietly grants Outflank.
MOST THRUDLIKE - THRUDBOWL 2016
Third Place at Exebowl II & Rookie Wonder at Exebowl II
Stunty Chamption at ACT3
Anything But A One! Podcast - Updated Weekly

Has a thing for Nurgle... No one knows why.
Kevx3

Postby Kevx3 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:24 pm

The imperials are gonna get royally butt hurt in the final mission from deepstrikers and outflankers :lol:
Well, it's been fun.
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Provided Chaos continue to win, that is!

It fits the fluff, though. If you're suddenly attacked in a system, chances are you're unprepared, and you'll have all sorts of enemies popping up all over the place. I think it's cool :twisted:
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Yeah kev! There's a very slim chance i may fluke a draw!!!!
Stuart

Postby Stuart » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Have asked to book at duke Marcus, is this ok or were you thinking BIG?
faith is my shield

Postby faith is my shield » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:58 pm

duke is cool, so just as I'm clear, what game points and game type are we playing?
Stuart

Postby Stuart » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:06 pm

Reckon you're the attacker so you choose! Happy to go with 1,000 pts infantry only tunnels as per your original
Do you want to impose any common sense restrictions? Eg jump pack troops can be taken but cannot use their packs to "jump" in tunnels though can use for assaults?
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Stuart wrote:Reckon you're the attacker so you choose! Happy to go with 1,000 pts infantry only tunnels as per your original
Do you want to impose any common sense restrictions? Eg jump pack troops can be taken but cannot use their packs to "jump" in tunnels though can use for assaults?

There's a few rules in zone moratlis, like using a Jump Pack is always a dangerous terrain check, and Flamers get Shred and stuff.

Check them out!
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:08 pm

To be honest this will be my first 40k in 8 months and first of 7th ed. Marcus, am happy to keep simple with standard 40k rules if you are.
faith is my shield

Postby faith is my shield » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Stuart wrote:To be honest this will be my first 40k in 8 months and first of 7th ed. Marcus, am happy to keep simple with standard 40k rules if you are.

1000pts of standard 40k sounds great, I'll see you at the Duke for 7pm.
Stuart

Postby Stuart » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Sorry Marcus just to confirm: Standard 40k rules, tunnels scenario, infantry only. Is this correct?
faith is my shield

Postby faith is my shield » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Stuart wrote:Sorry Marcus just to confirm: Standard 40k rules, tunnels scenario, infantry only. Is this correct?

Yes ;)
Stuart

Postby Stuart » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:40 pm

Well that was brutal. Another imperial loss but did manage to take out that warlord. Which reminds me: you need to do a glory roll for winning and an injury roll Marcus. With any luck the injury will be a firm blow to the head so he forgets how to cast bloody invisibility.....
Kevx3

Postby Kevx3 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:16 am

I do believe the imperials got caught flat-footed :lol: . How did the fight in your quadrant go Dan?
Well, it's been fun.
bluffreggie

Postby bluffreggie » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:15 am

Have a guess?

I removed my knight from the list as bob didn't have much to counter it but I ended up getting smashed. Funny what an extra 1000 points does for your opponent! Still took a lot down from him army but I was more mech than comabty and two defences weren't worth an thing apart from the void shields!
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:57 am

Stuart wrote:Well that was brutal. Another imperial loss but did manage to take out that warlord. Which reminds me: you need to do a glory roll for winning and an injury roll Marcus. With any luck the injury will be a firm blow to the head so he forgets how to cast bloody invisibility.....
bluffreggie wrote:Have a guess?

I removed my knight from the list as bob didn't have much to counter it but I ended up getting smashed. Funny what an extra 1000 points does for your opponent! Still took a lot down from him army but I was more mech than comabty and two defences weren't worth an thing apart from the void shields!

Oh no, poor imperials! Still, the War is far from over. It's only just beginning...

Anything of note happen in your battles, chaps? Level ups, injuries, heroism, anything like that?

Also, how did the missions feel? Did they flow well, did it seem balanced(ish)? Do you think they need any tweaking?
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

captyn bob
Flag: Wales

Postby captyn bob » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:03 am

The overrun mission was actually pretty close in the end, massive points advantage notwithstanding, the new wolves are rock hard.(and a knight might have swung it).

Rereading the mission, we did it completely wrong so im not sure I can give good feedback. Certainly the defender should get free pick of as many fortifications as they can find...

One suggestion I have is modifying the invisibility power to "attacks against this unit are ws and bs1" just to take the edge off the power a bit.

The game was epic. I took a fair few photos and will have to write it up at some point.
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:16 am

captyn bob wrote:The overrun mission was actually pretty close in the end, massive points advantage notwithstanding, the new wolves are rock hard.(and a knight might have swung it).

Rereading the mission, we did it completely wrong so im not sure I can give good feedback. Certainly the defender should get free pick of as many fortifications as they can find...

How did you guys play it? Maybe the way you did is better, and mine doesn't hold up on the table.

Choosing forts could be a nice touch, so long as no one decides having 3 Fortress of Redemptions is ok..!

captyn bob wrote:One suggestion I have is modifying the invisibility power to "attacks against this unit are ws and bs1" just to take the edge off the power a bit.

I don't want to get too restrictive on the specific rules, because once we change one thing, who knows what else people will want changed? I do know your pain, though! Invisible wraithknights! Just remember that you can't cast it from a transport, so either the caster will waste it on himself, or leave himself wide open to lovely tanks squishing him.

captyn bob wrote:The game was epic. I took a fair few photos and will have to write it up at some point.

Yes please!
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 pm

We used the tunnel boards at the duke and it made for a very in-your-face kind of game with thousands sons winning 8-6 in the maelstrom mission.
Highlights include the sorcerer and his outflanking unit wiping out a tactical squad in one turn and almost surviving to the end of the game in close combat with casting invisibility against the imperial elites. Those termies just couldn't see what they were swinging at. Finally cut him down with a termis sergeant on the last turn but there was still a full squad of traitors unengaged and loose in the tunnel network against a handful of elites and some scouts who spent most of the battle running around to objectives to keep it respectable.
Very atmospheric game: would hate to face daemons down there.....
captyn bob

Postby captyn bob » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:29 pm

Some (terrible) photos

The chaos horde advances

The Chaos warlord and his cronies

The space wolf line looks on

A drop pod comes down, but fails to take out the maulerfiend (which is quickly smoked by a predator)

The bloodletters barely hold, despite being invisible

After a 'successful' charge, all the spawn are smashed, and the bloodthirster vanishes

Some blood claws are mobbed

An epic duel rages for like three turns

The space wolf aircraft proves impossible to kill, even when hovering.
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:00 am

Awesome awesome!

Did you play the game widthways? How did that go? Do you think longways would have been better?
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

bluffreggie

Postby bluffreggie » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:40 am

Length ways playing on short table edges would have allowed me more chance to engage at long distance and would have suited me a little better but i don't think much would Have changed. One thing we did forget was that his mauler fiend was stunned in combat but went on to ravage my speeder which could have drawn the game but we got caught up in the fun of it all!
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:28 am

Cool! I had imagined doing it longways to give a grander sense of invasion, but perhaps shortways is best!

Which victory conditions did you guys play?
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

Shaolin Wolf

Postby Shaolin Wolf » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Well, my Guard put up a fight this afternoon against those dastardly Thousand Sons. Our numbers, our artillery, our rumbling tanks, all took chunks out of the diabolik menace, and for a short while we may even have had the upper hand. A Black Mace wielding Daemon Prince soon put paid to our wall of conscripts though, and when Ahriman teleported in with his dreaded Terminator bodyguard our brave troops fell before them. Make no mistake though, Brigadier Isadore Breckenridge-Defoe survived his apparently fatal wound and will rally his men for the next bout! (though rumour has it a sorcerers whisper echos in his vox comm... 'you are doomed... no armour will save you now... you are doooomed...')

End result: 3000 pt Maelstrom battle, Imperial Guard vs Thousand Sons, 13-14 to the Sons
FIRST RANK, FIRE!
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:53 pm

Shaolin Wolf wrote:A Black Mace wielding Daemon Prince soon put paid to our wall of conscripts though, and when Ahriman teleported in with his dreaded Terminator bodyguard our brave troops fell before them.

I guess that you weren't following the 'No Named Characters' and 'No Relics' rules, then? :P
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

faith is my shield

Postby faith is my shield » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:58 pm

I just don't want to get too complicated! If people are challenging their opponents to games in their opponents turns that impact the games that they'll have on their own team's turns that are independent from established mission limits but still affect subsequent missions... aagh my braaain...

As this was outside the "opponents turn" I thought this battle would not impact on the the campaign, hence the general rule(s) would not be used. There are other quotes on other threads that would back this up and that was why my understanding on the named guys plus relic weapon(s) were agreeable.

It was a good fun game and if this battle does impact the campaign then a draw would be more then fair :?

Return to “The Ebon Current”