Ebon Current game - Go in Quietly

Moderators: bluffreggie, Josh

Sceleris
Flag: Great Britain

Ebon Current game - Go in Quietly

Postby Sceleris » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 am

Lord Vitaus and his Death Guard are planning on infiltrating next week.

1000 point Go in Quietly mission (infantry only) - anyone free next week?

Dave
Kevx3

Re: Ebon Current game - Go in Quietly

Postby Kevx3 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:51 am

A report comes in. A report of a small contingent of the traitors in Their midst.
Lord Vitaus.
The name strikes a chilling chord of loss, of a massacre. Of a humiliating defeat.
It's time to return the favour.

I shall step up to the challenge! What day is good for you Lord vitaus? :lol:
(i'll be at the duke friday to help shuffle the boards, unless you are going to the school to help unload I can stick around afterwards for a game?)
Well, it's been fun.
Sceleris

Postby Sceleris » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:25 am

Yeah, tomorrow's good
Kevx3

Postby Kevx3 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:04 pm

*face palm*.... yeah that injury I rolled was take to take two injuries. oh dear. I rolled an 8 which is I get furious charge and fearless but loses his IC (I just it's fitting he has succumbed to the red thirst...) I need to roll once more. I rolled a 5 (-1 Attack) when I got home but if you want to witness it I can roll it again.

Not been a good start for my guys :lol:

RESULT
Loss for the Imperials.
Captain Seneca: Injuries: 2 (+furious charge, +fearless, -Independent Character, -1A)

oh dear indeed.
Well, it's been fun.
Trumpkin
Flag: Seychelles

Postby Trumpkin » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Kevx3 wrote:*face palm*.... yeah that injury I rolled was take to take two injuries. oh dear. I rolled an 8 which is I get furious charge and fearless but loses his IC (I just it's fitting he has succumbed to the red thirst...) I need to roll once more. I rolled a 5 (-1 Attack) when I got home but if you want to witness it I can roll it again.

Not been a good start for my guys :lol:

RESULT
Loss for the Imperials.
Captain Seneca: Injuries: 2 (+furious charge, +fearless, -Independent Character, -1A)

oh dear indeed.

Oh no! But awesome, because that's the first game of the campaign completed! How was the mission type? Anything happen in the game that is worth remembering? How did the Captain die?
MOST THRUDLIKE - THRUDBOWL 2016
Third Place at Exebowl II & Rookie Wonder at Exebowl II
Stunty Chamption at ACT3
Anything But A One! Podcast - Updated Weekly

Has a thing for Nurgle... No one knows why.
Kevx3

Postby Kevx3 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:18 am

My rolls were just terrible for the entire game, (rolled four 1's for my plasma cannons get hots n a row... And everything else followed that kind of roll :lol: ). I stupidly left my termies in charge range of fearless cultists and got bogged down while possessed marines tore through my lines .dave has a knack for rolling AP3 eapons when facing marines and +1 attack against the termies :shock:.

we rolled to play a maelstrom mission and we go the the cloak and shadows missions, kinda ironic giving the campaign mission setting. Unfortunately my captain didn't 'die' a heroic death but succumbed to slow brutish blades of plague marines. Guess it makes sense, all those toxins and poisons have atrophied hs sword arm and is affecting his head a bit making him slowly succumb to madness.

Should be interesting to see what the future holds for poor Seneca :lol:

Edit: also i think the chaos gods were playing with me as even though i was getting butchereed the VP count was pretty close, on turn 6 i managed to roll objective cards 13, 23 and 33 in a row... And objective marker 3 was only 9" away from my last 5 guys on the table. All i needed to do was get through difficult terrain and not botch my run roll. I got a 6 for the terrain, YAY!!! I rolled a 2 for my run roll *sad face* :(. And so the chaos gods toyed with me as in the end it didnt matter if i got to the objective since the turn went on to turn 7 and got wiped off the board by plasma-death.
Well, it's been fun.
Sceleris

Postby Sceleris » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:39 am

Played 1000 points on a 4x4 with fairly heavy scenery which worked pretty well I think.

All infantry certainly suited me! As Kev said it was a bit of a slaughter for the Blood Angels (models-wise certainly - lost 4 plague marines, 4 possessed and 13 cultists while Kev had 3 tac marines left when we called it quits) but they nearly managed for nick it on VPs.

Obviously we have traitors within their supply chain as plasma cannons did the worst I've seen for a while (they did kill 3 cultists though - so 18 points worth of stuff!) and limited the servos when it comes to running! Possessed run through Kev's right flank, getting vorpal claws on the charge against the PA marines, then would roll 5 or 6 for consolidation before charging into the next unit! Lord Vitasus spent 4 turns in a challenge with the termie sergeant, taking a couple of Thunderhammer wounds but making a number of important 4++ saves to keep him alive, meanwhile his fearless cultist squad tied up the others until the plague marine and remaining possessed came in to finish them off.

Rolled a 7 for the Table of Glory (which we didn't have access to at the time). I'll roll it up next time there's someone about. 3 squads can infiltrate in the invasion battle.
captyn bob
Flag: Wales

Postby captyn bob » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:04 am

Did you kill that sergeant in the end?

Tempted to keep a running tally of warlord kills...
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:46 am

This all sounds amazing. I'll write it up and add it to the Evolving History Book™!

BTW, a 7 is 'remove an injury', but reroll if you don't have any.
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

Sceleris

Postby Sceleris » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:03 pm

@ Captyn Bob - yes, eventually!

@ Alex - As we didn't know what it was I didn't know I needed a re-roll, hence my comment
Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Sceleris wrote:@ Alex - As we didn't know what it was I didn't know I needed a re-roll, hence my comment

I understand you now, my wrong!
Stunty Chamption at ACT3

Return to “The Ebon Current”