Flags

Moderator: Jamrowski

Graeme_the_Bald
Flag: Germany

Flags

Postby Graeme_the_Bald » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Anybody know where I can acquire modern era 15mm (or scalable) wargaming flags, esp US Stars & Stripes? Not bothered if decal, paper, free or £. I want to use flags on aerials, or draped over vehicles, to denote HQ teams, but all I can find online is ACW stuff.

I could paint them freehand on tinfoil if a) I was not about as artistic as a brick and b) I could be bothered!
Wiggles
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Flags

Postby Wiggles » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:44 pm

What I have done is nick an image off of google image search, scale to size using Inkscape, print out and stick to toothpaste tube (I hear tinfoil works fine too).
Talk is cheap. Come, face me!
740/1550/2355pts FoW Early/Mid/Late
Armada

Obligatory Wargaming Blog
All That Remains Project Blog
Graeme_the_Bald
Flag: Germany

Re: Flags

Postby Graeme_the_Bald » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:50 pm

I came to the same conclusion. No end of wargaming sites with double sided Confederate flags. I may use one or two of those on my 1980s US tanks, cos I'm old enough to remember Dukes of Hazzard, and the Southern Cross being a fashion symbol!
I've been experimenting with tinfoil for tarps, so will try it for flag backing too. Also going to try my hand at sculpting stowage for the first time ever. Most pics of US vehicles show them plastered in external kit, but plastic and metal bits don't tend to look natural.

Return to “WW3 / Modern Wargaming”