New Year

Moderator: Badrott

Badrott

New Year

Postby Badrott » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:22 pm

What shall we do in the new year?

I feel like putting some structure back in place, maybe not every week like before, but something that facilitates some kind of fixture list...

Any suggestions?
Kings of War UK number one ranked Orc general.

2016 Bristol Vanguard Dreadball League Champions - Da Pirates (Orcs+Goblins)
Azzabat
Flag: Canada

Re: New Year

Postby Azzabat » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:51 pm

I've always wanted to try and get something really informal and club based together. Something that covers all the systems played within the club. One of the forums I'm on has a 6 weekly competition where you have to build,paint or make something from a "theme". The prize for winning is that you get to choose the next theme. I always thought that would be a neat idea.

Or do you remember when GW used to do the Tale Of 4 Gamers? Gradually building up a new army 1 unit at a time spending something like £30 per month.

If you wait until the minutes from the AGM come out, we talked about having a 3 monthly Club Evening down at B-I-G, and (possibly) revamping the website and this forum.

Did you have anything particular in mind? Personally I'd like to see us run a silly Christmas Games everyone can participate in each year.

CJ = )
I know the voices aren't real ... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

C J = )
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:00 pm

I should of prefaced the topic by saying I meant for us Kings of War guys at BIG. We normally have some sort of ongoing campaign or league but we've had a little break and its a matter of what we do next. So, sadly I don't really have any ideas about something cross system.

These are good ideas. I'm sure somebody will be starting a new army next year and may wish to do the old tale of four gamers stuff though.

Interestingly, we're slightly ahead of your thinking on Christmas fun. We do a Xmas fancy dress (Xmas jumped at the very least) tournament each December and are having our first Christmas campaign day on Thursday as a few of us have some time off work.

You're welcome to come along - ive even got an army you could borrow!

Azzabat
Flag: Canada

Postby Azzabat » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:14 pm

My bad(rott), and thank you for the invite. B-I-G is just that little too far for me to get to easily, but I fully intend to make my way down there more in the new year as I'm thinking of getting into both KoW (getting the rules for Crimbo) and Bolt Action. I've got a LOT of Ogre units half painted that I need to find time and a reason to paint up.

Apologise for misreading the thread again.

CJ. = )
I know the voices aren't real ... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

C J = )
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:06 pm

Azzabat wrote:.
My bad(rott), and thank you for the invite. B-I-G is just that little too far for me to get to easily, but I fully intend to make my way down there more in the new year as I'm thinking of getting into both KoW (getting the rules for Crimbo) and Bolt Action. I've got a LOT of Ogre units half painted that I need to find time and a reason to paint up.

Apologise for misreading the thread again.

CJ. = )

Awesome. Nobody is currently playing Ogres so it would be good to see them get a run out.

You should multibase them, as you dont remove individual models in KoW. The minimum model count for Large Infantry is 2 models for a regiment, which represents 3 Ogres, and 4 for a horde, which makes up 6. You can also get away with 7 for legion sized units, which are meant to be 12 models.

RJ Macready
Flag: Japan

Postby RJ Macready » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:15 pm

Personally I would like to see more Saturday events if possible, as I cant get to BiG on Sundays :(
Badrott

Postby Badrott » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:51 pm

RJ Macready wrote:Personally I would like to see more Saturday events if possible, as I cant get to BiG on Sundays :(

Our tournaments generally take place on Sundays as thats when we can get the best attendances overall.

We have just finalised our tournament calendar for 2017, and, whilst they do all fall on Sundays, there is also a two day event. I hope that by publishing the calendar in advance this may allow people a bit more time to make arrangements to allow them to come.

Im quite keen on doing a few campaign days and stuff inbetween, and theres no reason they cant be on a Saturday.

Return to “Kings Of War”