Looking for commission painter

For the enthusiast who likes to make, break and recreate all things game related! Discuss painting, converting, scenery etc.
Lavallin
Flag: Great Britain

Looking for commission painter

Postby Lavallin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:04 pm

I recently took delivery of my Reaper Bones 3 delivery, and one of the centrepieces is a massive, massive dragon. This far exceeds my painting abilities to do it credit, so I'd like to get someone to do a really proper job on my behalf.

The model is "Ma'aldrakar, Dragon Tyrant" (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/ ... mpilation/), a serial-numbers-filed-off version of Tiamat - i.e. five heads, each representing a different colour of Chromatic Dragon.

What I'd be looking for:

-Assembly, including greenstuff, cleanup if required, and probably pinning - ideally keeping some bits e.g. wings removable for transport, but subject to feasibility
-Painting: to "high gaming" or lower-end display quality. Nice enough to sit on a cabinet and look imposing, but I don't necessarily need competition-winning painting. Aside from the five heads, no particular constraint regarding colours, basing, etc - happy to discuss.
-Varnish. It would, in theory, be a gaming piece (although any players who meet Tiamat are either ludicrously overpowered, or about to die), so would need to withstand moderate use.

Does anyone either want to express an interest, or do you know anyone who might be interested? I'm more than happy to meet up and let you take a look at the model before asking anyone to commit to a quote.
Stu's Idle
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Looking for commission painter

Postby Stu's Idle » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:20 pm

I've not used them myself (yet) but these guys might be worth getting a quote from: http://www.ezpainter.co.uk/
Flames Of War: Soviets
Team Yankee (6mm and 15mm): Soviets
Bolt Action: Soviets
DUST: SSU aka Soviets (anyone spotted the theme yet?)
Star Wars Armada: Imperials (Space Soviets, a long, long time ago)
Epic Armageddon: Imperials (Space Soviets, in the grim, far future)
Frostgrave: Dwarves (Short Soviets)

Return to “Hobbycraft”