The Old Duke - Booking Tables

Arrange your games here. Games are currently played at the old duke

Moderator: Stu's Idle

Stu's Idle
Flag: Great Britain

The Old Duke - Booking Tables

Postby Stu's Idle » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:50 pm

There are 6 tables available at any one time. The pub is open from 12pm to 12am and games can be played through-out this time. If you'd like to gain access earlier please PM me.

The pub is located on King St in the city centre (BS1 4ER). There is paid street parking (£2 after 6pm I think) and an NCP nearby (v. expensive and hard to navigate apparently). There's also free, single-yellow-line parking after 6pm on Welsh Back. Wibble has suggested: "The area behind M-shed- http://goo.gl/maps/KpvDU - usually ends up about a 5-10 minute walk. It's very cheap, but you will have to walk." You're welcome to drop your stuff off here at the Duke first, and then park. If you would like to store anything here (models or terrain) there is ample secure space, please PM me about it.

There's a suggested donatation of £2 per person, pay-to-play, which can be left in the blue tin on the little shelf by the door.

It's first-come, first-serve for booking a table on the days you can see below (I'm not planning to book more than a week in advance, except for events, as my head will explode).

You are not obliged to buy drinks etc from the pub. You're welcome to bring your own in from home, the shops nearby or even order a take-away. Please use the bins provided, return glasses to the bar and generally try to keep the room tidy.

Please take care when opening the door at the bottom of the stairs. There can be people on the other side so please open it slowly to ensure no-one is hurt. To get up you'll need to ring the bell or (preferred) use the door code which I will provide you if you PM me. Thanks.

If you'd like to know anything more PM me.

Monday 20th November:
    1: Anton (D&D)
    2: Wiggles (Pathfinder)
    3: Dr Bob (Cortex+)
    4:
    5:
    6:
Tuesday 21st Novemberber:
    1: cagool (Boardgames)
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
Wednesday 22nd November:
    1: Jamrowski (Flames/BFG)
    2: Lavallin (Flames)
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
Thursday 23rd November:
    1: DM_Tudor (D&D)
    2: nightwing (Bloodbowl)
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
Friday 24th November:
    1:
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
Saturday 25th November:
    1:
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
Sunday 26th November:
    1:
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
Flames Of War: Soviets
Team Yankee (6mm and 15mm): Soviets
Bolt Action: Soviets
DUST: SSU aka Soviets (anyone spotted the theme yet?)
Star Wars Armada: Imperials (Space Soviets, a long, long time ago)
Epic Armageddon: Imperials (Space Soviets, in the grim, far future)
Frostgrave: Dwarves (Short Soviets)

Return to “Organise a Game”