Flames of War - Easterfront

For upcoming tournaments and Events local and further afield
Lavallin
Flag: Great Britain

Flames of War - Easterfront

Postby Lavallin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:28 am

Easterfront is one of our two main annual Flames of War events - the other being Tanksgiving. This year, we are playing Early War, as follows:

Date: Sat 07 Apr
Times: setup from 0900; Round One 0930 - 1200; Round Two 1230 - 1500; Round Three 1530 - 1800

Lists: Any valid EW book or PDF, including Pacific; 1550pts (including rebates for unused teams)

Missions: We will mainly use the "More Missions" pdf, but I will do my best to ensure that any list with special rules (Raiding, Glider Landing, Beach Assault) gets at least one game where they get to play their 'special' mission. I'll try to preserve Red vs Blue where possible, but this will be dependent on player force selection.

Terrain: I'm keen to play some of the terrain rules that we don't often see. I'm hoping to play a rocky board with some impassable cliffs (Italy/Crete?), a winter board (with the return of Frozen Ponds), and a North-West Europe board with a decent water feature (either a deep river, or a steep-sided canal). Night fighting, and similar rules (snow storms, "khamseen" dust storms etc) are not mandatory, but could be fun.

Cost: £10 per person, to go to an appropriate military charity (likely RBL).

All are welcome - for those who use Facebook, other Flames-friendly forums, etc, please feel free to spread the word.
Vyper

Re: Flames of War - Easterfront

Postby Vyper » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:34 pm

I am rather sure that the radio silence in this thread is because everyone is already in quiet agreement, but thought I might as well confirm my attendance!

I'm happy with the suggested points/missions/timings and will likely be bringing Germans (possibly still in Hungarian colours though) for a bit of variety.
Your local Infinity War Correspondent.
Check out my wargaming blog at http://www.lead-rising.com.
Wiggles

Postby Wiggles » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Works for me!
Talk is cheap. Come, face me!
740/1550/2355pts FoW Early/Mid/Late
Armada

Obligatory Wargaming Blog
All That Remains Project Blog
Lavallin

Postby Lavallin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Glad to get a couple of responses! I was getting concerned.

I've tried to message (via this forum) a few more people to try to get some of our other FoW "veterans" whom we've not seen for a bit. But please also feel free to spread the word to anyone you think may be interested. I'd ideally like to have 8-10 people if we can.
Lavallin

Postby Lavallin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:30 am

Right, as we've not had masses of uptake, Easterfront will not be run as a competitive tournament - instead we'll just have a day of playing some Round Robin games.

The same ground rules and assumptions apply: 1550pts EW, I'll try to set up some terrain of types that we don't always get to use, and unusual lists are strongly encouraged.

Return to “Tournaments & Events”